For Freddy fans...

Chat about your costumes
Dr Strange

For Freddy fans...

Post by Dr Strange » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:04 pm

There is a deluxe metal replica freddy krueger glove being sold online at various sites, the going price is anywhere from $45-60. It's a great looking piece and adds that extra umph! to a Freddy Krueger costume. Well, for those interested there is an ebay store called Collector's Warehouse that is selling these gloves, usually two at a time, at a starting bid of $25.
True, it is an auction and the chances that it will go higher are good, but the buy it now price is $35, still far below the common price. It took a several weeks but I managed to snag one for the $25 opening bid price, don't ask me how because I was outbid on 3 previous attempts.
Anyway, for those Nightmare on Elm Street fans who might want to dress as the Springwood Slasher, or for those who just want a great monster piece for display, I recommend checking these people out. Here's a link to show you what the glove looks like at a different online store.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... ber=RU2446

Yikes!!! :shock: I just checked the store on ebay and they have raised their starting bid to $35 and Buy it Now to $40!! Sorry. :( It's still a good deal though, just bid smart, and late!

Pennywise11
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:58 pm

thanks for the info... checked it out and would love to have it...just can't swing it today! :cry:
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:29 pm

When mine comes in I'll post some pics of the actual product. :)

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:33 am

Wow. The glove arrived yesterday, only 3 days after I paid. It is much larger than I imaged, even after seeing the online pics. It comes in a pretty neat window box that displays the glove nicely; the back of the box has a history of the Freddy Krueger character and an explanation of how the glove came into existence, a nice touch.

The glove itself took a little adjusting to. One of the main differences between it and the actual glove (pictured on the box) is that the finger tips are cut off. I assume that is to allow for different sized fingers to fit comfortably. If your fingers are long this should be a good fit for you, my hands are not so my fingers do mot reach to the ends of the copper piping that makes up the gloves "exo-skeletal" frame.

A problem I had with that was I couldn't close my fist all the way; the riveted joints on the gloves fingers are higher up than my own knuckles so my fingers were stopped about halfway through to a closed fist. Once I adjusted and pushed the glove further down on my hand I could flex some more. This is not a problem with the glove just with my shorter fingers.

The glove itself really isn't a proper work glove abut a prop glove sewn together to make this replica, so the leather is not that thick. The main problem I see there is the rivet that holds the copper plate to the glove near the wrist on the back of the hand. It pulls significantly and looks like a tearing hazard. But to bend the copper plate to the form of the hand would seeming restrict movement, it appears I'll just have to be careful.

The "blades" are affixed to the copper piping on the fingers of the glove by pairs of small divots (I don't the proper word) and appear sturdy, but this glove doesn't appear as though it were meant for any rough stuff, just showing off the shiny finger blades. The picture on the link I provided is fairly accurate except for the color of the fabric on the glove; the actual piece is much darker and looks like the movie version.

Considering the price I paid I consider this a steal and am overall very happy. You can't really expect much more from a mass produced accessory, anything more would require a customized fit. I'll post some pics this weekend of the real McCoy in case any of you would like a better view before buying. :)

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:38 pm

:?:
Last edited by Dr Strange on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:27 pm

Very cool. It's the details that make the costume, I always say.
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:19 am

yes, thanks so much for sharing...
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again