Universal's The Wolf Man...Fall 2008!

Halloween and Horror Movies
Dr Strange

Universal's The Wolf Man...Fall 2008!

Post by Dr Strange » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:29 am

It seems the remake will be underway this fall with Benicio Del Toro as Larry Talbot and Anthony Hopkins as Sir Talbot. It will be set in Victorian England and looks to be rated R. The director has spoken about his dislike of CGI heavy films and looks to make a film with more make-up effects.

No word if Rick Baker will be involved.

I know most everyone hates re-makes but seeing as the Wolf Man is my all-time favorite monster I am really excited about this.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:41 pm

Frankenstein is my all time favorite monster flick, but this will be worth a look-see.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:26 am

schweeeeet!

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Haunted Horseman » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:51 pm

That's sound cool. I love those old classic monster movies. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:00 am

Great cast!! I'll definitely give it a look. Thanks for the heads-up :D
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:38 pm

Yeah, that's what I heard about this THE WOLF MAN remake should be expected out there on November 2008. And, I just found this information from imdb.com a while ago.

Take a look there! THE WOLF MAN (2008)

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:24 pm

Nostalgiascape wrote:Frankenstein is my all time favorite monster flick, but this will be worth a look-see.
I'm a huge Frankenstein fan as well, but that Kenneth Branagh/Robert DeNiro flick left me cold. Although I liked them turning Frankenstein's fiance into the Bride, you just cannot compete with the original Whale/Pierce design. I'm hoping this remake, the last of the original Universal Monster Classics if you count the Mummy series with Brendan Frazier, tops them all.

Dr Strange

Update on Universal's Wolfman 2008

Post by Dr Strange » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:47 pm

From Shocktillyoudrop.com
EXCL: Who's Creating the Wolfman?
Source: Ryan RottenSeptember 6, 2007

The answer is a natural choice, when you come to think of it. He's built a career on uncanny werewolf and ape FX, Eddie Murphy blockbusters and other astonishing works including The Frighteners and The Ring. Plus, he's a six-time Oscar winner. So, take that.

Yes, friends, FX maestro Rick Baker is back on lycanthrope duties.

ShockTillYouDrop.com received word from within the walls of Universal that Baker is in the prepping stages of bringing The Wolfman to life in Mark Romanek's remake.

Shooting begins, based on a script by Andrew Kevin Walker, this December with a November 14, 2008 release on the horizon. Benicio Del Toro is playing the cursed eponymous role made famous by Lon Chaney, Jr. in 1941.

Baker's history of lycanthropy began, of course, with An American Werewolf in London and continued into "Thriller" (well, what that is Jackson turns into), "Werewolf" (the TV series), Wolf and Wes Craven's Cursed.
Fantastic news and a dream come true for Rick Baker! :D

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:29 pm

Hey, thanks a lot for sharing the info here, Dr Strange!

Can't really wait for it on next year!!

RUScaredYet
Vampire

Post by RUScaredYet » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:34 pm

NOTHING replaces my Lon Chaney, Jr.! But, out of my loyalty to horror movies, I will see what it's about.