Halloween Gift Box Exchange

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Halloween Gift Box Exchange

Post by Hdunlopclark » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:19 pm

Hi ok this is the place to talk about this years Gift exchange.

Ok as a lot of people has said they want to know who they are buying for way ahead of time so IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A GUARANTEED PLACE YOU NEED TO HAVE COMMENTED ON THIS TOPIC BY 2ND OF SEPTEMBER after then you might get a place but it is not guaranteed you will.

If this is the first you haved heard about this topic see these links and you will then know what i am on about

http://www.halloween.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1506

http://www.halloween.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1535

I have now added this on due to confusion

Hi,
Ok, it seems like i have realy confused some people so i will take this time to explain myself. The post below me from DOD makes a lot of sence so i belive this is the Halloween/Fall one with both the candy exchange and the gift exchange made in to a type of gift box. This way we can avoid confusion and save hard earned money from postage. So if you want to know your partner quite earley PM me and i will get back to you. DOD i know you would like to find out who your partner is but you and i will have to wait untill someone wants to find there partner quite earley so i can pair you two up. Is that ok DOD? Hope so. So from the other posts these are the people that i think who wants in. Correct me if any of the people that are listed below do not want to partisipate -

Nostalgiascape
MHooch
Magickbean
MichaelMyers
Tomanderson
Mandy0221
Dutchess Of Darkness
Mamawof2
Lawp
Halloween Freak

If you are not on this list you need to let me know by September 2nd because that is the signup date then you will find out you partners name, addrdess, 5 wishes EG: Candy Corn or Halloween streemer. You will also find out if they are alergic to anything or have a speical eating requirement.

I know this is a long post but i have to talk a bit more. As MichaelMyers said he had a few rules about has gift exchange and i managed to dig them up.

Guidelines for the trades:

Price : Total for gift packages, including shipping should be $15.00 minimum, $20.00 maximum.

Please mail packages BEFORE Oct. 10th so we can all have time to enjoy our surprises.

Please post when sending a package so your partner knows to keep their eyes open!

When your package is received, please post that it is receieved, as well as the contents in your gift. It will be fun to hear what we all send to whom.

Hope you can now live in a confusion free halloween gift exchange

Rember, post a comment by September 2nd if you want in

Also the people in the list above have all had there questionaire thingy and i need them back as soon as possiable

Thanks

Harry
Last edited by Hdunlopclark on Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:12 am, edited 6 times in total.

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MichaelMyers » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:23 pm

Hi everyone... I was reading about the gift exchange for this year. I started the first gift exchange last year and it was a lot of fun! Is this going to be the offical fall one? If someone else wants to coordinate it, thats fine with me! My only concern about sign ups so early is that there are a lot of people who participated last year that indicated they wanted to again this year that are not very active on the board yet....things really got hopping around mid september when most people were decorating, signing in and posting everyday- as the holiday grew closer. I would hate to leave these people out if they are not very active yet but want to participate-any suggestions?
We also had around a $20.00 limit (i think, including shipping!! But I know a lot of people went over-I know I did) Whatever works fine for me-just wanted to know what other people think!! :D
Last edited by MichaelMyers on Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:35 pm

Yes for the candy swap I was going to organise I was going to wait until September to instigate it because things are really only just starting to pick up on the board. :S I planned to have the questionaires out by the end of September so that we had September to shop and then send the gifts at the beginning of October or something. I don't mind signing up a bit earlier but the shops round my area don't have any sign of Halloween yet - candy nor gifts - and apparently won't do until September :x

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:34 pm

Are the candy swap and gift exchange the same one? Thats the impression that I got, but I could be way off!! The PM I got to sign up said "Lately you signed up for a candy swap and now i am organising it but we have combined the two in to a mixture of candies and gifts like a gift basket but in a box. The plan is in this link -" Or magickbean, is there a separate candy one?? I am so confused lol!

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:58 pm

I am confused too. Are we doing two seperate exchanges - candy swap and gift exchange? I am fine either way. As for signups - I agree that a lot of people might miss out because they dont get active really until September or just don't log in that often. If the exchange isnt going to happen until October I think it wouldnt hurt to wait a while for signups - mid september would still give a month of shopping.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:07 pm

Hey People, When I created the thread titled "Gift/Candy Excahnge, I guess I wrote it that way cause I thought it made mroe sense for us to send our candy and gift together, why pay for Shipping and Handling twice, that could get pretty expensive? I know I will send everything with my gift.
I only wanted to get to know who my partner was early, but couldn't we make the sign up "final date later"? Giving more people time to log on, I agree a lot of people are probably busy right now getting kids ready for school and all.
Well since Hdunlopclark has volunteered I will see what he thinks about extending the deadline sign up date, but maybe those who sign up now could be paird off if they really want to know who their partner is?

Halloween Freek
Master Reaper

Post by Halloween Freek » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:34 pm

Whenever it is, Sign me Up!

Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Post by Hdunlopclark » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:28 am

If you do want to join in the fun just post a reply beneth me
Thanks

Harry
Last edited by Hdunlopclark on Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:34 am

Aye Michael, the Candy Swap has become part of the gift swap now. Sorry to anyone who was confused - I was for a bit there too! :P

When I came up with the candy swap idea I had forgotten that you guys do a gift exchange at Halloween as well, so Dutchess of Darkness suggested that we combine the two, and Hdunlopclark took over the project of the combined swap.

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:35 am

Sounds good to me! A few other things to add from last year, if thats ok?
Please only send NEW items! This may seem obvious, but you never know! They can be something you already have in your possession, or in my case, in my COLLECTION :wink: -but that have not been opened or used yet. That is great, just as long as it is in new condition and not used -so no half burned candles or open jars of face make-up or anything like that! And PLEASE remember to post when you mailed your package and when it was received. I spent a lot of time last year private messaging people to see if they sent it by the deadline, to see if they received their gift that their partner said they mailed, to have them post a thank you to their partner, to have them tell us what they received, etc. Many people sent and received gifts with no posting and it took a lot of tracking down to make sure that everyone who participated last year received a gift. The good news is that everyone DID! But just a quick post of when you are mailing your gift and when you received yours is quite helpful to the coordinator.
Ok-i guess thats all I can think of!

Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Post by Hdunlopclark » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:04 pm

Thanks MM,

Ok so all together these are the rules,

Price : Total for gift packages, including shipping should be $15.00 minimum, $20.00 maximum.

Please mail packages BEFORE Oct. 10th so we can all have time to enjoy our surprises.

Please post when sending a package so your partner knows to keep their eyes open!

When your package is received, please post that it is receieved, as well as the contents in your gift. It will be fun to hear what we all send to whom.

Please only send new items in there packaging.

Please remember to post when you mailed your package and when it was received.

And last of all, Be polite. When you recive you gift say thank you.
its easy afterall.

Thank you so much

Harry

Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Post by Hdunlopclark » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:40 pm

Boy....That was hard. I have just sent out PM's to loads of people from diffrent gift exchanges seeing if they want to do another

Thanks
Harry

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:06 pm

Hello...I'm in for sure. I just need PMs about it when my partner is identified and all. I'm lurking a bit lately...but still here!!
Halloweiner Extraordinaire.

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:16 pm

Hdunlopclark wrote:Boy....That was hard. I have just sent out PM's to loads of people from diffrent gift exchanges seeing if they want to do another

Thanks
Harry
I know what you mean! Thats why its so important for people to post when they sent and received their gifts, or else you will be sending many more private messages!!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:17 pm

Hey Hdunlopclark, Just hang in there, there are still lots who may want to take part such as; OEJ, deadbride, ghostess, Slightlymad, revelesnet, HauntedHorseman, Pennywise11, Cadaverino, tantraman, and loads more. So give it some time. This is a busy time of year for people getting back from holidays, getting kids ready to go back to school and so on.