Post Halloween Letdown

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Marianne
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Marianne » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:07 am

I get Post and Pre Halloween blues. Or maybe it's a severe case of Post Halloween blues. All year I look forward to Fall and Halloween. When it's over I just kind of deflate. That's one reason I started decorating the first week of August this year. I have a little more time to savor Fall and Halloween.
Know what's coming and find enlightenment!
elpidamoon.com

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:12 am

tomanderson wrote:At the end of "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" I always empathized with Charlie Brown's line, "Another Halloween has come and gone..." He sounded so dejected, despite the fact that he seemed to have a tough time enjoying the holiday.
Try watching that show after the TOTing is over. It adds to the letdown once you figure he ended up with a bag of rocks! :shock:

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:01 am

Yeah... the letdown is so dreppressing... I like Xmas too though but Halloween is top dog... I am not one of those people that take Halloween stuff down one day and Xmas stuff up the next... Novemeber is one of those "morning" months..LOL.. Well for me... being a Canadain our Thanksgiving is in October.... this year Oct8th! so in the past years I always have inlaws and other family and friends... approx 20-25 people for a huge thanksgiving supper but in actualality it is my big Spooky Thanksgiving dinner... I have two of my tables set up in one long line to be sort of like one grand table...LOL... disgiesed under my black tablecloths.. and anyway I have the table completely decked out with spooky candles... spiders.... chestnuts just placed randomly.... and all other things... my children get right into it... my good flatware.. wrapped in a fall napkin tied with a piece of brown twine and well the wine and food... Tip Top fun for me... It gives me a chance to share a bit of the Spooky spirit with others....

Anyway well back to the let down bit... yes after Halloween , I take the bulk of my stuff down right away becuase I find it more depressing leaving it up and tormenting me like I have to wait a whole other year..I do keep a little out though to comfort me during the the next months... Boo Hoo... hoo...Anyway... at least we have here as like a little support group~ LOL...
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:09 pm

Yep, the day after Halloween can be a bitch, huh? But then I look at all the pictures and think of how much fun we had, and how much fun the kids in the neighborhood had...and it really makes me smile. Of course, I keep a little Halloween around all year, some decor, the Magic Pumpkin and my favorite...you guys!!!:lol:

And the planning and plotting for "next year" keeps me going and cheers me up.
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:10 pm

P.S. To DOD...you are the sweetest girl ever. You are a very special individual to think of others at the holidays!! :D

Big_Guh
Haunt Master

Post by Big_Guh » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:36 pm

OEJ, I'm with you when it comes to football. I'm first and foremost a Virginia Cavaliers fan and attend every one of their home games. When the season is done I'm pretty bummed out. I'm also a diehard Redskins fan. What eases me out of the post football and Xmas blues is COLLEGE BASKETBALL!!!! GO HOOS!

One more thing...don't get me wrong, I love a good Halloween sale, but it's just too sad for me to enjoy shopping for Halloween goodies when I know it will be a whole year before I can completely put them all up. I'd rather pay full price and have it Halloween :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:19 am

Aww, THanks MHooch, you make me blush :oops: It's just that, well, All through out my life people have touched my heart with their kindness and love, I have more family then I could have ever asked for from all kinds of folks that I have crossed paths with over my life time, I feel very blessed :) The least I can do is give back some of what has been shown to me over my life time. And I have a real fondness for wanting people to feel loved, to feel that someone feels they are important and worthwhile, it can save a life. I personally know how hard the holidays can be so I like to do what I can to comfort a hurting soul. Honestly, it means sooooo much more to me to give a new shirt to a person I see walking around the streets all year in rags, or pay for that item I overhear someone say, I'd love to get that for so and so but I just can't afford it with the taxes "as long as its not much" or buy a gift for that someone who will have nobody visit them in hospital over the holidays, then I ever would buying my In-Laws, Hubby a gift cause I know they have what they really need, does that make any sense? I use to take Timmy's Coffee Gift certificates and hand one out to some of the Street Worker Woman, until the police asked me to stop as they were concerned for my safety from the Pimps, that really made me so sad :( I still do it once in a blue moon, but I make sure there are no police around. To me, those are the kinds of things that make xmas enjoyable to me, oh sure gets gifts is nice, but not nearly as nice, and some of the repsonses I've recieved from say, a working girl. I guess xmas for me is really a time of service if that makes any sense.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:31 am

Dutchess of Darkness wrote:..... I guess xmas for me is really a time of service if that makes any sense.
Oh, Dutchess... I agree with Mhooch... you are truly the sweetest thing!!!!!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:44 am

Aww, Thanks OEJ, Now I am really blushing :oops:

angel222
Haunt Master

Post by angel222 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:10 am

Yeah I get that feeling too. the days do fly faster than ever before now. But I will still watch halloween movies on the internet. Then after the nov 2 hits I start getting into the christmas spirit.
hello

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:03 am

DoD, the police actually had to warn you away from "pimp-infested" areas?!?! Yikes! :shock: You were indeed knee deep in the land of the misfortunate. Sounds to me like you take Jesus' words to heart when He said we'll always have the poor around us, meaning we should be hanging out with and ministering to the poor.

Good for you!

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:32 am

Big Guh, I agree that it's sad shopping after the holiday but the upside to that is it's a pleasant surprise for the next year. I bought some things last year after Halloween and can't even remember what they were! :D
Don't drink and fly...

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:27 pm

Dr.Strange, Personally I think their over reacting for several reasons, and besides I know a lot of people "termed Undesireable by police" so I really don't feel I was ever in danger. But I don't want hassles from the police, so I just maneuver around them :) PLus I see it as a whole spiritual thing, but I won't get into that here.

LawP, I too love it when I uncover items I bought on sale before and didn't remember I had, it's a wonderful feeling! :)

CLearance Sales Seem to really boost your spirit, or at least I find it does. There's just something special about finding an item you love and feeling extra good about what you've paid for it :D

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:41 pm

Big_Guh, I have a good friend who is a die-hard Cavaliers fan, and the hubby is a die-hard Redskins fan, so you'd fit right in around my neighborhood!!

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:20 pm

I had the blues after my halloween party last year. Half the invitees did not wear costumes, a few only stayed for a half an hour or so and most people left early because they had places to be. Made me sad that people didnt really enjoy the holiday as much as I do.

After Halloween of course I am sad but it is still fall and I like grabbing all of the goodies and talking on here. Luckily I get to look forward to Christmas and then after christmas is when I really get sad. I almost want to do a halloween in april party!!!
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"