How I feel about Halloween

Discussion of general Halloween topics
spookyboo
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

How I feel about Halloween

Post by spookyboo » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:02 pm

Its a calling actually Halloween is something I feel and dream about all year. It started when I was a child and has been a steady interest all my 30 and then some years
I used to think that I was the only person in the world that felt so strongly about Halloween
it's more to me than just pumpkins and trick or treats. Its like the feeling you get when you are outside in the fall and there is a chill wind and the smell of burning leaves mingles with smells of the earth and you feel so alive and there is an electricity and mystery about natures last hurrah before winter. The days grow short and the darknss creeps in, you begin to imagine what might be lurking in the shadows and that you might be the only person to be in on its secret. A feeling of wonder that I felt as a child that so many people I talk to have lost but I have held on to it tightly because its the spark of magic that will never let me grow old. It brings a wicked little knowing smile to my face and I know that I am alive. Halloween with its colors and its visual delights its dark and unknown secrets and the veil of mystery it provides beats within me always.

Does anyone feel the same way? Feel the same magical Pull? Let me know and thanks

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:15 pm

Very well put Spookyboo. I really enjoyed reading how you feel about Halloween, you really seemed to talk from your heart, thanks for sharing :D

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:19 pm

For me, Halloween is about crunchy leaves, a hint of smoke in the air, crisp (not freezing) temperatures, a feeling that magical things really could happen...and of course, decorating, entertaining friends and family with food, TOTers, and my late-night soak in the hot tub when the festivities are over. :D
Don't drink and fly...

spookyboo
Haunt Master

Late Night Soak

Post by spookyboo » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:37 pm

Hauntmaster that is a really cool way to pamper yourself and also think about and relive the fun of the evening while just relaxing. I think this Halloween a nice Soak will be in order!!!

mamawof2
Master Reaper

Post by mamawof2 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:18 pm

You described how I feel about Halloween and that time of year perfectly. I think the feel in the air always takes me back to a time past.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:50 pm

Halloween for me is a tranquil time. I time when I feel more at peace and more relaxed. I love the smell in the air and the feel on my skin, everything just feels refreshed, more peaceful. It's kind of like a rebirthing I guess. I love the change in the colours and the colours themselves that come with fall and then winter. I enjoy the darker quieter time that comes with the fall. Did you ever notice how the rat race pace of life seems to leave, and you are renewed with a much nicer slower pace :?: Well I love that feeling. The tranquil music and Hot apple cider that my favourite store brings out :D Halloween time also makes me have that more homey feeling, its just more cozy, more inviting. I feel closer to mother nature at this time as well, It's like you can almost hear her breath a sigh of relief and cleansing I guess you could say. I love to go for walks on my favourite trails during the fall and winter, the crunching of the leaves, the fresh air and peace and quiet, and all of the creatures out and about. I find Fall and Winter a more sensual time as well, a time when I enjoy lighting my thousands of candles and playing my Enigma and Delerium and just relaxing out on my Bat Cave Bench :) A time to reflect on whats really important in my life "again that whole rebirthing Experience" It's rejuvenating time and a time of deliverance from the relentless demands of this world. It really is like living in a different time when things were simple, natural and unrefined I guess. And you just can't beat the many wonderful colours, sights and sounds that come with this time of year and the peace and tranquility that comes with it :D

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:26 pm

spookyboo...I loved what you said about "the spark of magic that will never let me grow old" 8) Very cool. That's me in a nutshell, young at heart. :wink: So glad you recovered and got the 'ol Halloween spark going again. Here's hoping that Halloween '07 will be your best ever. It's great to have you back. :D
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:12 am

My daughter was asking me why I loved Halloween so much just the other day while we were looking at Halloween displays and decorations in a store. Spookyboo really hit the nail on the head with his post. It's a combination of elements I believe that all coalesce into one unique experience.
The cool, crisp relief from summer's heat.
Clear midnight blue night skies.
All the orange and black.
Fresh smells of warm cotton clothes and kitchens baking.
The excitement that spreads from children who know a night of candy gorging is up ahead.
Fall being the shortest of all seasons.
It's difficult to mail it down to just one cause, but Halloween in America is one of the best times of the year.

William
Haunt Master

Post by William » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:27 am

Halloween for me means everything like spook said it never let's you go old it's a magic that will never faid :D, and i will live forever with it , :) i can't wait for this Halloween to enthusiatstic :D:D:D
Halloween is coming,be sure to be dead until then, if not all hallows eve will take care

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:38 pm

yep spookyboo, you described that Halloween feeling perfectly! Well done!

Big_Guh
Haunt Master

Post by Big_Guh » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:23 am

I cut and pasted what you said into a word document it was so beautiful. It feels like home to read through your description. Very well written, indeed.

Now when people ask me, "What's with you and Halloween, man?" I can pull up spookyboo's work and tell them to read it and there's their answer.

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:14 am

spookyboo, so well said. You read my mind! Wishing you a most wonderful autumn season.

spookyboo
Haunt Master

Post by spookyboo » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:55 pm

Thank you very much I am glad you liked my writing. It feels wonderful when someone gets me !!!!! This Forum rocks...Thanks again