Play the death march, i'm doomeded

Discussion of general Halloween topics
tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:01 am

south beach diet
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Big_Guh
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Big_Guh » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:47 am

NOS--I am a certified personal trainer and feel I know a good bit about nutrition and if there is one key to dieting it is this:

STAY AWAY FROM PRODUCTS THAT ARE ADVERTISED AS "LOW FAT", "SUGAR FREE", or "REDUCED CALORIE"

Unfortunately many companies market their products to be heatlhy, when in reality they are far from it. Food companies pollute foods with harmful processing chemicals that can actually do more harm to your body than being overweight to begin with i.e. high fructose corn syrup.

Try to eat as naturally as possible. Stay as close to the original form of the food as possible. You know, eat the way mother nature intended. No genetically modified "low fat health" foods garbage. A rule of thumb, if it comes in a flashy box, it's probably chemically produced <deleted>. You don't want this. One more rule of thumb, if what you're eating has ingredients you can't begin to pronounce or is longer than inch in length, it's bad bad bad food that is detrimental to a healthy lifesyle.

Like you said, eat lean meats such as grilled chicken breast. Lots of oily fish such as salmon and tilapia. Also, when it comes to fruits and veggies, try to eat the "rainbow" or in other words eat a variety of colors of produce to ensure a well rounded intake of essential macronutrients.

Stick with skim milk , natural yogurt, and egg whites for dairy.

When it comes to carbs, DO NOT ELIMINATE THEM. Indulge in whole wheat grains and pastas. DO NOT EVER EAT WHITE BREAD OR PASTA for they cause a spike in insulin levels which ultimately leads to more weight gain and a slower metabollism. Carbs are good when you have the slow burning variety (WhOLE WHEATS) that cause blood sugar levels to stay steady which makes an ideal metabolic rate.

If you reall wanna get picky the ideal macronutrient breakdown for dieting is this: 50 percent protein, 30 percent fat, 20 percent carbs.

WHEW....hope you're still with me. One more thing, once a week treat yourself to whatever the hell you want. Dieting is hard work, but will be well worth it in the end.

One more piece of advice, never look at dieting as something you "have to do" or as a quick fix. See it as a lifestyle change. Develop a healthy diet that you will stick with for the long haul. That way you will never relapse.

Anyways, hope my two cents helps. GOOD LUCK, my man! If there's anything at all I can do to help or if you have any questions feel free to put them here or pm me. Well done on the weight lost already. Rock on.
Last edited by Big_Guh on Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:55 am

When it comes to carbs, DO NOT ELIMINATE THEM. Indulge in whole wheat grains and pastas. DO NOT EVER EAT WHITE BREAD OR PASTA for they cause a spike in insulin levels which ultimately leads to more weight gain and a slower metabollism. Carbs are good when you have the slow burning variety (WhOLE WHEATS) that cause blood sugar levels to stay steady which makes an ideal metabolic rate.
Hmm, you forgot to mention the most important carbs in the diet: vegetables! Eat plenty of non-starchy vegetables. They fill you up and are low in carbs.

Big_Guh
Haunt Master

Post by Big_Guh » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:58 am

Exactly. Veggies provide a different type of energy and should be an integral part of any diet. Veggies are rich in fiber. This is a very good thing as fiber helps keep your appetite in check. Eating the rainbow is key. That way you know you're getting a breadth of benefits from the veggie dept.

You're also right on, veggies are great for snacks to help fight off those hunger pangs. Fiber will keep you going by keeping blood sugar levels stable, and actually have many key amino acids to support lean muscle growth.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:23 am

That's cool Mandy0221, I to will be joining a local gym in the Beginning of Sept :D

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:26 am

Just tonight, I heard this radio interview with this guy who wrote a book called 'Younger Next Year' and it was so eye openning, I think I'm gong to check it out.
http://www.amazon.com/Younger-Next-Year ... 494&sr=8-1

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:35 pm

Big-Guh thanks for the advice - that is actually pretty insightful. I am meeting with my personal trainer tomorrow morning (EEEEK)

DOD - Go you!
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:35 pm

Weak...I..feel...weak.....must...eat....cheesecake....

Just kidding guys so far everything is going fine.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:53 pm

You hang in there, Nos. Good work so far, keep going!! We're with ya, buddy!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus