In Stores Now....

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:29 am

OMG, Hubby and I went to see Transformers in the next town where the closest Michael's is and we had enough time to stop in there, and hubby bought me some Halloween goodies, god I love that man of mine :D
Anyways, they had a few more things set up, one of which I just loved! It was a skeleton in a cage and when you pressed the button it shook like crazy and he was saying Let me out of here, let me out of here, it was great!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:34 am

Well, I went to some of the bigger outlet stores today such as Zellers, Wal-Mart, and still no Halloween decorations, just a tiny bit of fall stuff :cry: Why do the need so much school stuff and for so long, ug! They put out more school supplies for longer periods then they do Halloween, don't they understand just how important Halloween is to ones education, come on, lets get on with it :lol:
When the sales people saw me coming they just laughed, one even said, "you know, there should be a support group for people like you", I said there is, and I'm a part of it, and we all need our fix" or people are going to suffer pretty soon! :lol: They just laughed. They are a good bunch especally at our local Zellers, they really worked hard to make sure more stuff was brought in this year and some higher end stuff as well, oh how I can't wait! Counting the days! I know, School should start sooner, that way the supplies would be done with by now and our goodies could come out sooner. Anyone for a vote on this :lol: Just kidding :D

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:09 am

Speaking of Michael’s and sorry if this has already been mentioned, but last night my wife and I stopped by with two of our kids and saw all the new Martha Stewart Halloween decorations. If you've read some of my posts on decorating before you know I really like her Halloween ideas of silhouettes. I bought one of her Halloween mags years ago and it showcased those "black magic" ideas of simple, handmade, tasteful Halloween decorations.

Well she finally got some of those materials together and released a line of products that is exactly what we've been doing (thanks to her) for years. We are going back to ransack the joint, please stop by and buy some too if you like the look. Say what you want about Martha Stewart but the chick is <deleted> into Halloween!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:30 pm

Hey Dr.Strange, Do you know what stores are carrying Martha Stewarts Line of Halloween Decorations? What store did you find her Decorations in by you? I wonder if they will be in Zellers once they bring out their stuff because that's the store here that carries her Linens and stuff.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:38 pm

We were at Michael's and that's where I saw them. There was everything from Halloween scrapbooking items to rat/bat/cat/skeleton/witch silhouettes of varying sizes. There were sticker labels that read "poison" and bat garland. Everything had that "Old World" Americana look. If you've ever seen her website you know what I mean.

I have no idea about other stores carrying these. My wife thought K-Mart might because they carry her clothing but these are really craft supplies for people who know crafts and not just "buy em and hang em" stuff.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:10 pm

Hey Dr.Strange, I bought a few packs of Potion bottle Labels, I'm going to have to go look at them and see if they're Martha Stewart, maybe they are and I just never paid attention to what Line it was. BUt I do love the ones I bought :)

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:46 am

Hey Folks, Was at Wal-Mart Today and there's a little more Halloween stuff trickling in. Mainly Halloween Fabric and craft type stuff, but some Kitchen wear stuff also. It's slowly getting there :D

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:37 pm

I usually wait to head to WalMart until early October. I HATE WalMart for many reasons I will not mention. SO I keep my trip there minimal and go late to ensure all the products are out.

Today I went to Garden Ridge and loaded up on some goodies for my village, a large monster/spider pop-up hamper on clearance and some pumpkins etc.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:54 am

Well I did a tad bit more shopping today. Needed to get out of the house as I felt a bit down after hubby leaving to return up north for work.
Found these totally wicked Taper Candle Holders. They are withces boots, and are VERY HEAVY , made of like a cast Iron or something, they are black with gold buckles on them, totally Halloween Chic babe! Just love them! Their very classy looking too.
I bought some gorgous Halloween fabric for whenever I get around to making something :lol: Has pumpkins whitches hats, brooms, bats, spiders and webs all over, its really cool looking.
Bought a set of 2 heavy oven/hand towels, they are mainly black but at the bottom its orange and on the orange part theres bats, the moon, and a spooky tree with an owl on it, very adorable.
AN absolutely adorable Gargoyle which will be going out into my garden :wink: for year round decor
Oh and this awesome Heavy Cermaic type Pumpkin with a wire metal stump, its a very dark bronzy/copper/blackish orange colour, I just LOVE IT!
And a cute little witch on a stand.
Well thats about it for now.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:12 pm

THIS JUST IN **** I went to Big Lots yesterday and LOADS of halloween goodies are already out.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:59 pm

Yep, our local Big Lots is bursting at the seams, too!!

Yippee!!!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:13 pm

DOn't know if you guys have Value Village down there, but they got they're first shipment out here today :D

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:38 pm

I want to go check the local Dollar Tree because last year they had some really neat dollar stuff!