FINALLY!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Spooky Sam
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

FINALLY!

Post by Spooky Sam » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:31 am

Well my fellow Halloween devotees- It has finally happened. Wal Mart has Halloween!!!

So I went to Wal Mart today and of course just wanted to check the seasonal just in case. What do I see? First I see Halloween windsocks- a ghost, Pumpkin and a witch. Then I look down and see a row of fuzzy molded black cats that were very evil looking. Then to my right I notice a row of different styrofoam painted tombstones. And that was all. They were taking all the garden stuff out and I saw they had a few boxes of Halloween stuff to put out as they went along. I am truly starting to get that amazing ol' feeling. Today it was very chilly and the air was crisp. It definitely felt like Fall all around.

So I hope this news brings you the same joy it brought me in knowing that even the largest big box stores recognize that this amazing season we all love is right around the corner.

- Samuel
Do I SCARE you?

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:02 am

Hey Spooky Sam, I went to Wal-Mart , Zellers and Value Village today also. Value Village had their first shipment out already :) and the Wal-Mart staff were taking down all the yard stuff and had several boxes they said that they were going to be unpacking tonight on the graveyard shift, and Zellers, well nothing as of yet.
And thats cool that you too noticed the crispness in the air today, so did I, and that coolness that comes with Fall. So finally, our favourite time of year is fast approaching, thank goodness :!:
I sure hope one of these stores stock those latex black cats this year. Value Village had the evil latex Rats, but not cats :( well its still early, so crossing my fingers :wink:

angel222
Haunt Master

Post by angel222 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:10 am

wow that is great.
hello

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:25 am

Yaaaaayyy! If your Walmart has Halloween, then it won't be long before our Asda-Walmart has Halloween! Hoorah! My mum was harrassing a poor young lad working in the seasonal department the other day; "When are you getting the Halloween things in?? My daughter and I are waiting for the Halloween things. They'll be here, won't they? Surely this Back To School stuff is going out, right? Right??" And I think he was pretty scared :lol:

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:39 am

haven't been to wal-mart in a while. have to check it out. i was at party city yesterday and they had a bunch of stuff out.
and coz it was chilly, i made chicken soup for dinner
there's nothing like homemade soup on a chilly, wet day
trick or treat

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:37 pm

on my way now to look
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:01 pm

Walgreens has Halloween! I need some vitamins so...a couple of extra purchases shouldn't be frowned upon, eh? :D
Don't drink and fly...

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:14 pm

Grocery shopping tomorrow, so will definitely check it out. Thanks, Sam!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:49 pm

FYI: Everybody, currently everything for Halloween is available at Wal-Mart, Super K-Mart, Dollar Store, Party City, Big Lots, Michael's, Spencer's, and many more I've ever seen them in anywhere in the stores!!!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:57 am

IT'S HALLOWEEN, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:49 pm

Ok, I'm finding it harder each day to contain my excitement. I can't wait for everything to be out in full swing! :D I wonder what wonderful new decorations the many stores will bring in this year :?:

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:59 pm

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I abasolutely can NOT wait to get out and go shopping!!! I was telling my boyfriend about this post last night and he just laughed at me and said "your so weird baby"...hehehe...he aint seen nothing yet!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:38 pm

I love that the stores area really starting to stock up. Now I only wish the weather would change. We are still in the high 90's here (breaking records every day with high temps and little to no rain)

I keep hoarding all the halloween goodies at the store, and it is funny to see how the cashier looks at me. But who cares
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:11 pm

Hey Mandy0221, Ya isn't it funny how you get such strange looks from Tellers, yet nobody looks sideways at those who pile up the Xmas decor?? I had one tell the other day see to me "you must have a really creepy house" :shock: I was like, no not at all? Like, holy the asumptions people make.. I replied, this is nothing, you should see whats in my freezer :lol: wanna make comments like that, then be prepared for similar come backs! :wink:

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:49 pm

Our Walmart is lame, all they have out so far are little craft kits for haunted houses and castles (which will certainly be cool for my sons), but I'm still waiting for their Garden Center to be transformed.

The Michael's craft store in town has some EXCELLENT decor available, but also very expensive..gonna have to wait 'til closer to the holiday when they're having a sale. :wink: