villages

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by mandy0221 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:44 am

nope not at all - its what makes it so much fun. I am so excited for Halloween already! I wish there was a real Halloween town. Perhaps we should all conspire together and make one. We could be the founders.

I mean they have towns that are like christmas all year around...so how bout halloween. Oh I would be in heaven!!!!!!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon May 28, 2007 2:34 am

Hi I'mAWalkingCorpse, Heck no, its not bad at all that your excited, heck I've been planning for some time now, without it to look forward to I would go nuts through the summer, all the freakin pastel colours make my stomach turn or "fluffy colours" as I call them.

By the way, it's nice to meet you :)

ImAWalkingCorpse
Crypt Keeper

Post by ImAWalkingCorpse » Mon May 28, 2007 11:29 am

Dutchess of Darkness wrote:Hi I'mAWalkingCorpse, Heck no, its not bad at all that your excited, heck I've been planning for some time now, without it to look forward to I would go nuts through the summer, all the freakin pastel colours make my stomach turn or "fluffy colours" as I call them.

By the way, it's nice to meet you :)
Dutchess, pleasure is all mine. Where I work we sell stuff through the seasons and Holidays. So right now we are just starting to run out of the pastel spring items and we are moving into the 4th of July. However we will go with "Fall" items starting at the end of July, I have no idea if we will be carrying anything that is halloween themed.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon May 28, 2007 12:53 pm

what kind of place do you work at? Hopefully fall items will include halloween things. if not - its just sinful

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon May 28, 2007 11:44 pm

ImAWalkingCorpse: heck no it's not bad, it's totally normal!!! (No matter what your friends/family might tell you :roll: ) We think about Halloween 365 around here... :wink:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:57 pm

Does anyone have both Lemax and Department 56 pieces together when displayed, what I mean is; Can they be set up together and still be functional? or are all the adapters and such totally different. I'm looking at buying a couple of Dept56 pieces but of course there are Lemax pieces I love also, but have no clue as to wether they can be set up and work together?

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:52 pm

DOD - YES!!!!! That is what I have done. It really doesn't look bad at all. I did it last year and they mix in quite well. It works for me because I am fading out my spooky town to more dept 56. I will hang onto a few of my fave spooky town pieces but they look similar.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:54 pm

Here is my village last year - I mixed Dept 56 and Lemax

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:06 am

Hey Mandy0221, Thanks so much for letting me know. The store I am buying my Dept 56 stuff from is giving me 50% off all but 1 peice thats new for this year, but all the other pieces I get 50% off. The real kicker is that on Friday I have to go down there and decide what I am willing to give back to them to sell because I just can't afford everything, they've had the stuff on hold for me since March, but they said they aren't mad at me at all for having to come and let some go since I have spent thousands there on home decor over many years. They are like family to me, and the owner "bless his soul" who passed a way 2 years ago was very dear to me.
BUt its going to be very hard to decide what to put back on the shelf since they are 50% off :( I think my display is going to look odd though cause I won't really have a theme to start out with cause of the pieces I was able to pick from that were on sale, hope it won't look dumn ? I'm pretty sure the pieces I will purchase to start my display off with are as follows: the Black Cat Diner, Helga's House of Fortunes, The Haunted Front Yard Cemetry, Haunted Windmill, a small spooky tree , and the New piece which will be more expensive is called Rest In Peace Tomestones. And thats it. No Homes, No Assessories, so any ideas how I could place those odd peices to look good?
There are a few Dep56 pieces I love, but they are retired, and are expensive when found on ebay. And Lemax, they have a few peices I love too.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:21 am

I just love your display Mandy0221, It looks just like a little village. How long did it take you to get that far? See you have the concept I want to get, where as it comes together it looks just like a spooky village. But you see, I'm buying whats currently on sale and out of whats on sale, what I like, so I feel that what I will be starting up with are very much different parts of a spooky village :? Does that make sense? SO do I set it up, or wait til I have mroe pieces so that it will make some sense? Like I have no homes yet, no trees, fances etc etc, any suggestions?

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:38 pm

DOD - I totally LOVE the black cat diner and haunted mill. I think the pieces look great all scattereed around. As you can see in mine I have a home on the right with a tree, some kids TOT's and a haunted garage guy. Then I have a haunted hotel with a graveyard next to it and some people out front. Then next to that is a creepy barn, and on the far left on the top is the pirates cove and swinging ghools set.

I just play around with them until it looks like a neat arrangement. Getting little fenses, lights, kids, fall leaves and platforms with some moss really makes it all come together. I need to go to the place that sells my village and photograph the dept 56 display they have. You will be AMAZED

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:17 am

Hey Mandy0221, well I did have way more, but I decided to put some back. NOt that the stores cares, they let me take as much stuff as I want, up to $1000 and I can take it home without paying a cent, and pay as I can afford, no interest, no set amount to pay, they are awesome that way, too awesome perhaps. But we're trying to get out of Debt Land, so I decided to put some back. I did have 1 house but I wasn't crazy about it so I put it back as well as a few other pieces.
I would have to say that I like more of Lemax stuff then Dept56, although I do love some of their stuff also, like what I'm buying. There are more of the Lemax houses that I like, so I will see what I can afford at another time.
You did such an awesome job on yours, I just adore it :wink:

RedRanger3
Ghost

Post by RedRanger3 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:36 pm

Hi everyone! I collect Spooky Town and I do villaging (just started last year). Here is what I did......

RedRanger3
Ghost

Post by RedRanger3 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:44 pm

and two different views:

Displaying Lemax and Department 56 Halloween (and Christmas) buildings and collectibles is covered extensively on this community site:

http://buildingnewworlds.ning.com/

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:22 pm

AMAZING JOB!!!! Did you build the platforms yourself?