Halloween in Romania

Discussion of general Halloween topics
William
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by William » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:08 am

Well maybe but i get scared of everything xD, any more questions?
Halloween is coming,be sure to be dead until then, if not all hallows eve will take care

Draculaura
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Halloween in Romania

Post by Draculaura » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:44 pm

Well there's Bruno shop, which is specialized in decorations and jokes/tricks, but there are very few Brun shops around the capital city, and none in the other cities. Nevertheless, as my teacher taught us in 5th grade, there are a lot of downloadable crafts online that can be printed or built with items that are easy to be found in a craft shop. So we manage:P
Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble. (...)
'Tis now the very witching time of night,
When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out
Contagion to this world.

W.S.

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:50 am

I love hearing about Halloween in your country. Hopefully more people there embrace this great day.

VanHelsingStandIn
Master Reaper

Post by VanHelsingStandIn » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Many moons ago, during what we lovingly called the "Cold War", I spent 3 weeks in Romania. It was and is a lovely country with very nice people. Some really hot women too. :D :wink:

It doesn't take much to see where the legends of things that go bump in the night come from. The Carpathian mountains just "look" like they're hiding something that will eat you up...Or worse! When the sun sets. As you watch the mist shroud the thickly wooded areas, you automatically think about the begining of the movie Dracula! :shock: :shock:

In truth, there are large numbers of wolves in that area of Eastern Europe as well as brown bears and wild boar. I saw a wild boar that went 400 pounds if it went an ounce, and it's tusks were a good 3" in length. In other words, they'd put a hurtin' on you, if they could.

You look at the castles and fortifications that were built back in Vlads day, and you realize how hard it would be to build just one with todays technology, let alone a string of them during the Dark Ages.

Saw the little island that Vlad was supposed to have been buried on, but upon exhumation of th grave(it was inside a church)....He wasn't there!!

Someday I'd like to go back.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:13 pm

VanHelsingStandIn wrote:You look at the castles and fortifications that were built back in Vlads day, and you realize how hard it would be to build just one with todays technology, let alone a string of them during the Dark Ages.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:50 am

VanHelsingStandIn wrote:Some really hot women too. :D :wink:
Joanna Bliss....nuff said ;)
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Draculaura
Zombie

Post by Draculaura » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:52 pm

Yeah, the mountains are really scary! Also, I didn't know about Vlad's island (Snagov). It's near Bucharest, so I'll make sure to go check it out! The Internet tells me there's a dispute between two monasteries, the one in Snagov and one in Giurgiu, and apparently the one in Snagov is where he is "officialy" burried, but recent research showed that those are just some horse bones from the Neolotic. Guess he really is a restless soul!
I think there are better examples of women representatives than Joana Bliss. But whatever floats your boat!
Contagion to this world.

W.S.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:08 pm

Draculaura wrote:I think there are better examples of women representatives than Joana Bliss. But whatever floats your boat!
I thought she was a fine specimen of your country :)

But everyone has their own taste
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Romania would be a great place for a "haunted road trip" during the Halloween season. Transelvenia, the home stomping ground of Vlad Tepec, (Count Dracula) is one of the provences in Romania.

Mike

Draculaura
Zombie

Post by Draculaura » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:16 pm

My argument was not based on "fine" criteria, as much as on intellectual products. Nevertheless, from that point of view, yes she may be called a fine specimen.
Yeah, Transilvania is full of Dark Ages castles, every city around that place has them, so a tour would be excellent. Too bad nobody does it.
Contagion to this world.

W.S.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:42 am

Actualy there are a lot of travel agencies that offer "Dracula" tours to the Carpathian Mountains of Transelvania, but they're very expensive. I also don't like to do business with comercial air liners, so it will likely be a long time before I take such a tour, but I just might do it some day.

Mike

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:07 pm

Draculaura wrote:My argument was not based on "fine" criteria, as much as on intellectual products. Nevertheless, from that point of view, yes she may be called a fine specimen.
Well, he said pretty ladies and i was agreeing, with an example ;)

Morticia
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Morticia » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:10 pm

Be afraid....be very afraid!

Draculaura
Zombie

Post by Draculaura » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:08 pm

Instead of tours, I'd definitely recommend having a romanian friend that speaks english guiding you. Much easier to manage around the countryside, and you also get to know the culture.
Morticia, the articles were really great indeed! An american citizen doing us better advertising than our own governement.
Contagion to this world.

W.S.

VanHelsingStandIn
Master Reaper

Post by VanHelsingStandIn » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:52 pm

Yes, it was Snagov that I was referring too. If my memory doesn't fail me, I believe the story I was told was that in the 1920s the site was excavated and all that was found in the grave were animal bones.

Just a thought...

Maybe Vlad faked his death like Elvis did and now they are living together in a trailer park outside of Dothan, Alabama? They both work at Waffle House! :lol: :wink:

Whenever I see a photo of Giorgio, I always hope he gets abducted by aliens and they take him to a really good intergalactic hair stylist. If you asked Giorgio what happened to Vlad, no doubt he'd give an alien "did it" for the answer.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but do y'all think MOST people who fancy themselves Dracula fans, know how Dracula died in the Bram Stoker novel? A few years ago I was at a party of about 50 people and they were your so called intellectual crowd, and not a one had actually read the book or knew how he died.

It would be kind of funny for people to spend all that money to go on a Dracula tour, but not even know how he finally bought the farm.