Living Wall

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Living Wall

Post by jadewik » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:20 am

I can't remember where I first read the idea-- I do remember it was from a website about 3-4 years back, but I can't remember which one it was.

The basic premise is you create a wall structure-- I think the site used plywood, but you can probably use PVC pipe for a frame (if you stake it down good) or a doorframe (if you have a doorway you can use)-- and then you put some dark nylon or other elastic materials over the opening. Have someone behind it to press their face, hands... plastic skulls... whatever into it and you'll have a wall that looks "alive".

I don't have a visual to post-- I haven't done this yet m'self... but it sounded very creepy. =)

Now that I'm thinking about it, it might be cool to do that as a false top for a coffin too... put a few embellishments on the nylon so it looks like the coffin lid... Hmm... *ponder*

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:03 am

Hi jadewik, Your Living wall concept sounds cool. Are you going to try it out this year? If you do be sure to post some pictures, would be really cool to see :)

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:46 am

that is a very good idea!!!! and it reminds me of an "actual hauntings" type show that I saw years ago.
It was a story of a woman who was babysitting for her neighbors. She feel asleep then, later was woken up by some very distinct and ghostly heavy breathing type noises. On further investigation, she found herself at the basement door and to her absolute horror, she realized the door, itself was actually pulsating with every chillingly drawn out breath.
I dont' know WHAT show it was or even WHEN it was, but i can tell you, that I STILL think of that, to this day and that was one of the CREEPIEST things I'd ever seen on TV and you know what........ I BET that's how they did that!

AAAAAhhh.... ancient Chinese secret nylon door trick, eeeeehhh???

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:53 am

Alas, Dutchess of Darkness, It's not in the budget for this year. We're doing a "Prince of Persia" theme... I'm saving the living wall idea for when it fits. I've been dying to try it out though. If and when I do, you betcha I'll post it!

I also want to try some things out from my "Haunted Halloween" book I got a the magic store several years ago... but, living in an apartment, makes it difficult to build and store large things, and I have to go to my in-law's house to get any ToT'ers.

We're kinda going low-key this year because I'll be stressing about my 8 hour Engineering test. Blah!

OEJ- If you ever remember the name of that film, lemme know! =)

empresstrahan
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by empresstrahan » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:41 pm

Oh yeah! That sounds awesome...don't mind if I steal the idea huh? I love to freak the kiddos out! lmao
Do not follow where the path may lead, instead, go where there is no path, and leave a trail.