The Black Dahlia gets 2 blood stains.

Halloween and Horror Movies
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

The Black Dahlia gets 2 blood stains.

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:17 pm

The horrific discovery of Elizabeth Shorts bisected body and other mutilations in 1947 made historic news. To read about it and see the crime photos can be chilling. So when I learned of the movie about The Black Dahlia murder, I was stoked. Then I watched the movie and was disapointed. The only reason I gave this film two blood stains instead of one is because the actress they picked to portray Elizabeth Short was hauntingly pretty. But as for the film itself, it had as much to do with The Black Dahlia as Titanic had to do with Titanic. The Black Dahlia took a back seat to fictional characters and speculatory plot. It was like From Hell about Jack The Ripper. Jack himself wasn't much of anything. So in Black Dahlia you were more tuned into the life of this duo of police officers and the gorgeous blond. I could care less about the make believe romances in these films that are supposed to be about haunting tragedies.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

brimac35
Zombie

Post by brimac35 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:47 pm

I tried to waych it with my wife , bored me to death . Was not what I thought it would be .
Thursdays , I never could really get the hang of Thursdays .

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:27 am

The movie was so non-entertaining. I was Sooooo bored, and I like reading about this sort of morbid thing. Before seeing the film, I read up on the slaying at crimelibrary.com.

I was expecting something more... something more about 'Liz Short... not an oddly convoluted story that revolved around Josh Hartnet, where there just HAPPENED to be a murder he was trying to solve. Blah!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:31 am

I'm sorry, here, but I have to defend themovie 'Titanic'. Ither than the characters, Jack and Rose, the details of the film were actually QUITE accurate and astonishingly so!

I, like so many millions of others, went NUTS for the movie when it came out (I saw it four times in the theater.... the only movie I've seen that way more than twice) and I was obsessed with dicovering the truth. And I found that Cameron was quite thorough in his reenactment of the details!

So, there
Just sayin

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:32 am

oh, yeah..... I thought the Black Dalia sucked, too.

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:08 am

One Eye'd Jack wrote:I'm sorry, here, but I have to defend themovie 'Titanic'. Ither than the characters, Jack and Rose, the details of the film were actually QUITE accurate and astonishingly so!
I sense sarcasm =P

The difference between "Titanic" and "The Black Dhalia" (TBD) is that Titanic was billed as a romance on a sinking ship (and let's face it, we all knew the boat was going to sink in the end!) and TBD was billed as a murder mystery and it really wasn't. The Unsolved Mysteries with TBD on it was more entertaining than TBD movie-- and that part was only 5-6 minutes long!

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:08 pm

That crime library was pretty amazing, I couldn't believe the photos taken. That's quite a horrific story. As a police officer I sat in on two autopsies and while not as gruesome (but they were close) as what's shown on that site, it does leave an impression. Too bad the movie sucked.