FINALLY!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:37 pm

Ya our Wal-Mart only has out some Fall Scarecrows and Wreaths and some plastic Fall Pumpkins. They still don't have the garden Centre cleared out completly, and nothing "Halloween Yet".

Has anyone seen at their Local Michael's, The Big Green Bull Frog wearing a black witch hat with I think a star at the tip of the hat? And there was also an owl in a very simliar style, they were part of a line that was out last year.. Well if anyone does, please let me know because I am looking to buy them, thank-you.

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:45 pm

First of all, let me say, Rosie, that I cannot even wrap my head around it being chilly anywhere (okay maybe Australia) in August. We've had triple digit heat in the past week, it has been AWFUL.

Also, our schools all started almost two weeks later than last year, most start this coming Monday, and none of the stores will put out their Halloween stuff until the school supplies are gone. P-shaw. My Walgreens friend told me that the actually even HAVE all the Halloween stuff in their back storage and can't put it out until after school starts. That would just kill me.

Also, I have no idea why, but my Wal-Mart garden center associate told me that their Halloween isn't going to be back there anymore, it's all going to be in the center "seasonal" aisles. That's a shame, too, I love the switch from summer fertilizers and water hoses to animatronic rats and bloody severed limbs.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:29 pm

geekmidwinter...i talked to an associate at the walgreens in front of my neighborhood and she told me the same thing...all the stuff is in the back but they had to wait until the "back-to-school" stuff was gone to put it out!!! She sounded a little down about it too, maybe she's one of us??? HAHAHA!!! The other day I got a message from a friend saying "your people are crazy...i saw Halloween shirts at Target today"!!! hahaha woo-freakin-hoo!!! I love target's halloween shirts!!! :D

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:42 pm

Oh yeah, me and my sister are both pregnant, about two months apart, and we've already ransacked the baby halloween section at Target. Twice. And my walgreens lady was the same way!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:30 pm

GMW Congrats on the baby to be. When is he/she due?
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"