New member Introduction [old]

Discussion of general Halloween topics
One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:39 am

Hello, Laurie Strode! Hope you love it here a stick around for awhile! Lots of great stuff here! Great stuff and GREAT people!

Cadaverino
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Cadaverino » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:06 am

"Laurie Strode" of course was the name of Jamie Lee Curtis's character in the Halloween movies.

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:04 am

Yes indeed, Cadaverino, and I've noticed that 'my bro' Michael has been lurking about here too. Gotta watch out for that dude. :)

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Hey, OEJ, I am also a very serious pumpkin fan, and my son LOVES pirates. I'll have to show him your signature. :)

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:06 am

Welcome to all the newcomers! :D

Here's hoping you have a terror-ific time in our fantabulous forums! There are so many lovely people here and it's good to meet a few more :)

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:44 pm

Wow!!! Welcome to all of the biggest new members on Halloween.Com forum site! 8)

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:56 am

Laurie Strode...awesome avatar!!

Welcome, welcome, welcome! This IS the coolest site ever, and the people are the greatest. It is a fabulous place to talk about all things Halloween, and not bore the pants off of your family and friends :wink:

Looking forward to your posts!!

Hooch
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:05 pm

Howdy, Hooch!! Thanks for the welcome, and I've already been enjoying your posts. :D Quite the knowledgeable lady on Halloween, you are- and I visited the 'self portraits' page as well..nice car! :P

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:42 pm

Thank you, my dear, I LOVE my Magic Pumpkin. I just said to my husband this evening: "I have already gotten my money's worth of pleasure out of this car" :lol:

I.B. Zombie
Ghost

Introduction to the Group

Post by I.B. Zombie » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:57 pm

Hi everyone: :)

My favorite part of Halloween is the decorations. I am originally from North Carolina. My favorite Halloween activity is getting my son ready to go TOT'ing. My favorite Halloween candy from when I was growing up was Dum Dum lollipops, but now I am addicted to those gummy Crabby Patties with SpongeBob on the wrapper. My favorite Halloween costume is the grim reaper with the flashing red eyes.

That's about it for me. I love Halloween. We don't get many TOT'ers here so I am always disappointed. Last year I advertised, bought toy filled jackolanterns, and treat bags with candy bars in them and only 4 came. I gave them three each so they got special treatment. I will keep trying this year.... :)
Regards,

I.B. Zombie

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:04 pm

Hello! Welcome to this creepy forum, I.B. Zombie!!! :wink:

BTW, I let you know I'm from Virginia. So what part of city do you live in NC?

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:05 pm

Welcome I.B. Zombie, and I applaud you for your efforts in trying to spark up the fun of trick or treating in your area..good luck this year! :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:34 pm

Hi I.B.Zombie, and welcome! Glad you joined us :D Hope you enjoy going through all the many wonderful threads here and meeting all the wonderful spooky spirits lurking around the forum, it's a wonderful bunch who live here :wink: I applaud you in your efforts of making Halloween enjoyable and I'm sure you made Halloween special for the 4 children who did show up. I hope this year is better for you and that you really get your share of TOT's :D

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:42 pm

Welcome aboard, I.B. Zombie!!

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:54 pm

Hullo, nice to mee you all.

I don't know that I have a favorite part of Halloween, it's just my favorite holiday as a whole. I love the costumes, I love the good feeling, I love seeing kids going around trick-or-treating, and hanging otu to give them treats. I love decorating my house, throwing my annual Halloween bash. I love taking on a character. I love the spooky end or the fun end, doesn't matter.

I'm in NJ, born & bred.

I guess my favorite Halloween activity is throwing my party. My least favorite, of course, is taking DOWN all the decorations once it it's November. :wink:

My favorite candy is anything chocolate, and I guess peanut butter cups have a slight lead.

I don't really have a fave costume either. I have a whole cache of costumes - two different faeries, clown, queen, gothic vampire, renaissance faire garb (that's my costume for this year), Hermione Granger.... several years ago, though, my sister & her husband and I were "Earth, Wind, & Fire." I was Wind, which was very cool.
Act well your part; there all the honour lies.
~Anonymous

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:22 pm

Welcome to our Halloween home, Larissa! Enjoy your stay here - there are some cool and crazy characters here that will make you feel right at home :D

Look forward to seeing your posts! Especially if you have pics of the elements costumes - they sound really cool!! :)