Its feeling

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Catzilla
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Catzilla » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:37 pm

Wish it was 48 last night in NC.....only in the mountains though. :cry:
My leaves are changing too, but it's from the heat...it is supposed to start cooling down, normaly by Halloween it feels a LOT more seasonal. :P

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:36 am

God bless ya, Catzilla! you know what it's about!!!!

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:28 pm

54 degrees? We topped out at 102 degrees today. I noticed the leaves on a few trees outside of my office are turning yellow. Normally I would think because fall is fast approaching, but this year I had to question if it might be them dying because of the extreme heat and lack of rain.

:cry: I MISS FALL!!!!
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:15 pm

AWW!!! For me, too freakig hot here!! Well, there is going to be between 85 to 99 degrees next week in my area!!! Too Hot!!!

BTW, I got my feet burning from the beach sand while I walked for more than 5 minutes... And I got into the ocean to keep myself cool off my feet! Right now, my feet are little sore!
Last edited by hauntmaster on Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:28 am

48 degrees sounds like HEAVEN!!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

angel222
Haunt Master

Post by angel222 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:10 pm

48 degrees sure does sound like good to me.

Here in california we barely had any rain. The drier it gets the wetter it will get I hope.
hello

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:15 pm

Supposedly it is going to rain here in Los Angeles this weekend? It looks a little gloomy outside and that certainly puts me in the mood ;)

angel222
Haunt Master

Post by angel222 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:17 pm

yeah i hope it does. It would feel so seasonal.
hello

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:20 pm

Yes, well, just like some of you guys, we are experiencing an extreme heat wave around here and what the weather man calls 'exceptional drought', so the Halloween feel is only in my imagination at this point...but I'm optimistic that by October, the mornings will be crisp enough for me to enjoy some coffee on the front porch, feel the soft breeze mingled with a fresh, woodsy scent, and see the beautiful colors of Fall foliage everywhere...all this of course while admiring the lovingly carved family of jack-o-lanterns on our railing. :D

However, something cool and Halloweeny happened to me yesterday evening...I was out on a bike ride in our neighborhood, going around a trail surrounding a lake, and some clouds had blown up (blessed, blessed clouds!). Anyway, from out of NOWHERE as I was looking out on the lake, a bolt of lightening struck the water. I actually saw the bolt go underneath the water and also the reflection of the bolt on top. WICKED cool, man, I've never seen anything like that!! But it also scared me so I left. :) Of course, we never got anything but a few sprinkles out of that either. :cry:

Catzilla
Haunt Master

Post by Catzilla » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:52 pm

We live close to a lake....sometimes it's pretty dangerous, it is quite spectacular to see though when lightning does strike . :P

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:15 pm

Imgaine that the temperature would be around 70-75 degress in October where I live in Norfolk, VA!

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:19 pm

I wonder how many dead fish popped up after that strike in our neighborhood's lake...poor dudes. :)

I.B. Zombie
Ghost

Chill in the air

Post by I.B. Zombie » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:05 pm

I am so jealous...it has been in the upper 90's to lower 100's here in the Queen City for the last month. We won't see cool temps and leaves falling until at least early October.

The best I can hope for is a day with no humidity.

:cry:
Regards,

I.B. Zombie

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:34 am

I think I'm going to put up th Halloween decorations today. Since I'll miss a good part of October due to a business trip I can use that as leverage wiih my wife.

That will help it feel like Halloween for the next two months...

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:51 am

That sounds like a good idea. You gotta get that Hollyween time in there one way or the other!