Let's show our new stuff!!!

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:12 pm

Hey pum'kinpye, You may wish to pm Pennywise, I think she is from NS, maybe she would know of some stores closer to you :) When you go to Halifax at the end of Sept be sure to go to Michael's as you just may find them on sale by that time, then you could stock up :wink: Another option "however they can be expensive there" is I know I have seen the Michael's potion bottles for sale on ebay, there are this years type and also the type from last year.
If you want to see the kind I bought from Michael's you can check them on on this thread as I did two posts of things I have bought, and the potion bottles are on there, just look on page #1 of this thread :D
I hope to take pictures of the latest stuff I've bought but right now things are a tad busy. Hope this helps :)

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:47 pm

Well bottles and jars are quite easy to come by - you can even ask neighbours if they have any going spare! But when it comes to the labels... what sort of things were you looking for? If you were looking for particular labels i.e "Eye of Newt" then I could always make some images of the text in spooky fonts and put them up here so you can download and print them? :)

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:05 am

It's not really new... but these are year-round decorations for me.

The candelabra I bought a couple years ago-- it has those drippy candles in it. I lit my other set last year. It was freaky-cool. I also have (somewhere in my boxes) some candles that look like monsters.

The skull I got at Party City last year for $20

... and the cat I bought in Salem, MA two summers ago.

I guess you could consider my cat, Nicodemus a prop too... Hehehe.

... and here's a random photo from Colossal Cave. They call this formation the witch (background) and her cat (foreground).

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:01 am

Hey jadewik, Thanks for posting those pictures. I just love that black cat you bought in Salem,MA, very cool! And your cat Nicodemus is just gorgous! DId you ever see the threads I posted, ones titled Halloween/Gothic Year Round Decor I think is what I titled it. And another for posting pictures of our Critter family members, its titled For The Love of Black Cats and All other Halloween Critters. Be sure to check them out and add your loved ones :wink:

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:01 am

Nicodemus... What a great name! Good job, Jadewik!
C'mon, people...
Less talk-ee!
More pic-ee!

:wink:

I wanna see what everybody has or is getting! :D

pum'kinpye
Master Reaper

Post by pum'kinpye » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:45 am

some of my new stuff

head in jar (straw container), hand and foot that grow, yellow highlighter liquid in background
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/A ... 0_0839.jpg

my two bobble head, not new this year, my daughter put them up already, she HAD to have something up...lol
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/A ... 0_0836.jpg

christmas cage, decorations removed
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/A ... 0_0837.jpg

back of cage (to show opening and flat back)
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/A ... 0_0838.jpg

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:17 pm

Hey pum'kinpye, Cool finds! DId you make the head in a jar by yourself? Those look pretty wicked. And I can't wait to see what you do with the xmas cage :wink: It'll look great painted black with some sort of halloween decoration in it.

pum'kinpye
Master Reaper

Post by pum'kinpye » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:35 pm

I printed of a photo from a link on here for the head in a bottle. It's hard to believe that a photo can look that creepy!

What black paint is it that everyone uses that gives that dull matte finish?

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:36 pm

***Hooch is so excited she can barely contain herself****

I went to Michael's today, and found this awesome lampost. It looked so very Potterish to me that I just HAD to have it. I'm going to remove the sign (or cover it) and print or draw one that says "Hogsmeade 2 kms", or "platform 9 3/4 >" (that's an arrow :? ). Isn't it FABULOUS??? I embarrassed my poor husband by actually jumping up and down in the store and clapping my hands!!

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n154 ... ses003.jpg

And then, we went to Target, looking for storage for my scrapbooking stuff, where I proceeded to scare my poor hubby half to death by pointing and screaming "BIRDCAGE!!" at the top of my lungs. And lo and behold, there was the very cage I needed to put my Cornish Pixies in for the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom!! I had despaired of finding one, and had resolved to make my own, but the Universe smiled on me. It wasn't even on the right shelf in the right section of the store (it's really a pillar candle holder), but it was where I was!! And now its home with me :lol:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n154 ... ses002.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

pum'kinpye
Master Reaper

Post by pum'kinpye » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:41 pm

Those are two awesome finds! I'm so jealous!!!!
I don't blame you for being so excited!! :lol:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:20 pm

Hey MammaHooch, You are such a doll! Your hubby should start taking a video camera with you guys for when you go to such stores, I would just love to see your reactions live :lol: I can soo picture you jumping up and down clapping your hands with excitement! :D I love the lamp post, I loved it when I saw it at Michael's too, very cool. That will look fantastic at your Party, my what a party it's going to be. ANd that Birdcage "Pillar holder" is so adorable. What an awesome find and it will be just perfect for your Cornish Pixies for the defense against the dark arts classroom.
Thanks for sharing the pictures, I can't wait to see the pictures from your party!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:47 pm

MammaHooch, I'm so excited for you, really..... I'll just take back the bird cage and lamp post I got for you for the exchange.......

Ha! just kidding.

Those are really great! I'll have to go look for that bird cage, myself. That is REALLY COOL!!!! Not sure just what I'd do with it but it just looks like something that would come in handy for something.

Spooky Sam
Crypt Keeper

Post by Spooky Sam » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:49 pm

HAHA Hooch, that's awesome! Purely amazing finds there

Okay, so tonight my buddy and I (the one whose porch we decorate, see old posts) made a special bikeride to Wal Mart. The air was really cool and crisp and it felt like a fall night. The first thing I see when we pull in is a row full of mums. How Fall-like! So we went into the store and of course I made the long trek to the seasonal dept. It was so worth it! They had stocked nearly a half an isle full of Halloween stuff already! I ended up buying the most awesome lights for my room/ outside when it comes the time. See for yourself. True proof that Wal Mart has Halloween!

Do I SCARE you?

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:56 am

Hey SpookySam, Cool find! Now you show some true devotion for the Halloween Spirit Bike Riding out to Wal-Mart to check out the decorations, thats awesome! :D And what an awesome friend you have to go with you, better hang on tight to that friendship, not many friends would ride out to the store to get a set of eyeball lights :wink: No really though, sounds like you have a true friend there, thats fantastic :twisted:

pum'kinpye
Master Reaper

Post by pum'kinpye » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:45 am

I checked our Walmart a few days back and they didn't have anything out yet (the slackards)...that is an awesome find!