Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC

What are your favorite Haunted Places?
I.B. Zombie
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC

Post by I.B. Zombie » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:23 pm

In 1914, George W. Vanderbilt died from complications from a surgery he had for appendicitis. Late at night after his death, in the Library, his wife would sit in front of the large marble fireplace and talk with George. Her servants started to think she was losing her mind. To this day late at night you can still hear her voice very softly talking with George. Also, you can feel George's presence in the Billiard Room and the 2nd floor Oak Sitting room (rumored to be one of his favorite rooms in the mansion). During rainy late nights, George would sit in there and read. Workers now report feelings of being watched, apparitions, voices, laughing, & screams. A headless orange cat has been seen by numerous visitors roaming the area between the Gardens and the Bass pond. The Pool Room is also a focal point of unexplainable events. The sound of people swimming echoes throughout the entire lower floor in the dead of night. Insane laughter can be heard coming from the drain at the bottom of the pool. It is said to be haunted by a lady in black.

The house is awesome, but you really feel the presence of the people who were so connected with the house.
Regards,

I.B. Zombie

mamawof2
Master Reaper

Post by mamawof2 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:21 am

I love the Biltmore House but I had never heard any of these stories. Will pay more attention during my next visit.

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:44 pm

Great Story I.B. I got chills just reading it.

Catzilla
Haunt Master

Post by Catzilla » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:58 pm

I go there all the time since I'm only a few miles away....wish they would let me spend the night ! :P