Its feeling

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Haunted Horseman » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:16 am

Here is NJ it is 90 degrees and humid as hell. However, last week we had a short preview of fall. It was overcast with a high of 60 as a three day cold front swept through. I loved it but it made it twice as hard going back to the 90 degree days. Can't wait for the Autumn wind.

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:39 pm

Next weekened, Labor Day weekend in the U.S., I can put up the autumn decorations. I hope the weather cooperates.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:15 pm

I've got two kids who are still in the Build-A-Bear age group; why don't they have Build-A-Wolfman, or Build-A-Frankenstein at Halloween???

Man that would be great.

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:17 pm

Well, the weather here was going cold, crisp and cloudy.. we were heading into Autumn (after a pretty non-existent summer) but then yesterday, the sun came out in full force and we are in a mini-heatwave now!? Silly weather :roll:

However, I am still tingling with excitement. It's nearly September! This weekend, I am going back "home" to Portsmouth, where they have a huge Asda-Walmart. I will be going there with my mum and I'm hoping and praying that they have the Halloween stuff in. If they do.. I'm going to be coming home with a suitcase full :lol:

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:43 am

I believe another reason Halloween has that special feeling is that you almost have to fight for it. No one worries that Christmas will come and go without celebrating the holiday, but Halloween could go right by and never be appreciated. As Lucy said to Charlie, "You need involvement." Unless you're invested I think Halloween can end up feeling hollow.

I guess you could say the same about any holiday, but seriously, with the barrage of Christmas imagry every year is it really the same? I find myself worried every Sep-Oct that I won't do enough. It can be stressful... :?

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:01 am

In case there are any other coffee drinkers out there Starbucks should be selling their Pumpkin Spice Lattes starting next week. That's the word I have from my local dealer... :shock:

It always feels like Autumn and Halloween when I'm Jonesing on a Pumpkin Spice Latte!