Rob Zombie's Halloween Movie

Discussion of general Halloween topics

Are you going to see RB's Halloween movie?

Yes!
50%
No!
7%
Don't know yet!
29%
Prefer to wait until it comes to DVD!
14%

Total votes: 14

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:20 am

If it wasn't for the Meyers back story then I'd say it was a waste of time. But I have to admit, seeing Tyler Mane walking around in that robe with his long hair in his face and wreaking havoc, even before the Shatner mask, is pretty cool looking.

Trick R Treat looks to be four stories all set in the same town on the same night, Halloween. The trailer, as magikbean pointed out, is online and looks good and spooky. As I've posted before (I'm just a broken record!) Sideshow Toys is selling a Sam figure based on the spirit of Halloween manifestation shown in the film.

I'm very excited about this film, but warily so... :?

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:55 pm

Hey Laurie!

I've seen H20, but I've forgotten about the story. So tell me what did you do to your brother in H20? Did you kill him already? LOL

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Haunted Horseman » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:22 pm

I'm making babysitter arrangements now. Good or bad, the movie is a must see.

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:17 pm

Oh yeah HM (just gonna call you HM now, cool?), I killed him good. :D Sucker was laying on a gurney in an ambulance after we fought a good bit at the private school I had become Dean of, and I knew he wasn't dead. So I hijacked said ambulance, drove it off a cliff and smashed it against some downed trees. Michael was thrown out and pinned between the vehicle and a tree, so I grabbed an axe and relieved him of his head. Really, I mean, he would NOT leave me alone, you know? So it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :twisted:

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:20 pm

Oh, yeah, Laurie, I do recall that H20 film. Yes, how could I forget about that???

BTW, you may call me HM. :D

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:40 am

There are an awful lot of remakes out there these days. That's why I like independent films so much, they are usually pretty unique. (not always, but usually). And I always get miffed when someone remakes a real favorite of mine (they invariably screw it up) and Halloween is on the top list of my favorite movies. So, no, I don't think I'll be watching this one ,guys.
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:49 am

I am pretty familiar with the original 1978 movie now, I own a copy, I watch it every now and again, and it's good. But having seen it a few times, I don't react the same as when I saw it first over at the home of Jimmy down the street...his folks had a VCR, the first in the neighborhood, as I recall, and Halloween was one of the movies they owned.

The first time I saw it...wow! Scary stuff.

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:48 pm

I have to agree with Tantraman, i am not a fan of Rob Zombie's films, but i am a huge fan of the series. So i guess well just have to wait and see how it turns out.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:39 pm

Guess what??? I like both directors RZ and JC.

brimac35
Zombie

Post by brimac35 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:50 pm

Laurie Strode wrote:C'mon guys, who wouldn't want to see Rob Zombie's interpretation of Halloween??!! You KNOW he loves the genre, he wouldn't intentionally do it injustice....have y'all seen Devil's Rejects? AWESOME. Personally, I can't wait for this event, I've already requested that my husband take me out to dinner and to see this movie afterwards for my birthday...ROCK ON, ROB ZOMBIE, let's see what'cha got!!! :twisted:
I agree , I think he'll do a good job . I can't wait to see it .
Thursdays , I never could really get the hang of Thursdays .

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:27 am

Alright, this may be wrong but I was thinking of another holiday movie that could use the same promotion tag as Halloween....

EASTER....The Day HE Rose From the Grave!!

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:18 am

Last year's Easter was pretty neat...a friend of a friend had a ZOMBIE MOVIE MARATHON with pizza and chips and stuff. All of four people showed up (the other twenty invited people had better things to do, though I can't imagine what). We watched a Spanish zombie movie, an Italian zombie movie, a Japanese zombie movie, an American zombie movie. It was genius. Very clever idea and it worked very well despite low attendance.

hauntmaster

Rob Zombie's Halloween Positive Review!

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:23 am

Rob Zombie and Howard Stern were talking about the new REMAKE of Halloween. Rob starts out with Little Mikey Myers for the first hour. Howard, who has seen the film already, claims that Little Mikey is really creepy! Rob has little Mikey start out as normal kid, tortures and kills small animals, and eventually ends up in therapy. Perhaps the therapy is where little Mikey goes off the dead end, stops talking, and moves up the chain from small animals to young teens. After the first hour of little Mikey's history, then the film goes on the blood and gore trail for the rest of the film.
The good news is that Rob claims the end of this film actually ends and closes. However, sequels may happen anyway. Mr. Zombie said that he could dome up with any laim excuse to make a sequel out of any film, Ichallenge him to have the Titanic survive the ice berg connection and let the ship arrive its destination. Perhaps the whole world would be a different place to live all together.
After I see the Rob Zombie film, "HALLOWEEN", I will decide whether his film is a "REMAKE" or "HIS VERSION!" I have no problems with 220 different versions of a single topic, I just can not stand REMAKE!!

(INFORMATION UPDATE) A REMAKE is an exact copy of an original film in part or in whole. New Version of an older film are fine. Original topics and films are the best because Haunters get new ideas and characters for our haunted attractions).