Your favorite scare moment

Discussion of general Halloween topics
spookyboo
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Your favorite scare moment

Post by spookyboo » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:20 pm

I love to scare people who here doesn't...but my question is ....What is your favorite scare moment there has to be one moment one special scare that you are most proud of?
Mine goes back about 15 years to when my husband and I were dating. My brother and I were decorating the house for Halloween. My brother had made a life sized pit and pendulum in the front yard as well as a coffin and and webs and skeletons, I was young so it wasn't yet refined to the degree it is now but still cool. My husband is well lets just say old fashioned Dolls freak him out. I had made this cool head from a real manaquin head I made holes in the eyes and placed red marbles and cut a jagged jack o lantern pattern out of the face and then carved into the foam and painted it black. It was really wicked looking.
This is the fun part my husband to be had seen it even held it thought he thought it was creepy. later we put the head on a pole near the bushes by the front door. What he didnt know is that my brother had rigged fishing line to each ear so that he could swivel the head to follow the people coming up the walk. He just happened to come around while we were trying out our little invention. He was alone outside and he spotted it and started walking we moved it a bit and he spun to look at it but we stopped moving it ...you could clearly see in his head he was thinking ..nahhh that didnt move. Then we moved it again spinning it quick to look right at him.
He must have jumped about six feet and my brother and I were laughing so hard my brother fell out the window and I couldnt breathe.
He will never let me forget that incident .....LOL I am rolling just thinking about it...
Happy Halloween guys hope you liked my story
Now lets here yours!!!
Wild Winds thou shalt blow
carry away my saddened soul
tis the time of Judgement

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:09 pm

That's a great story!

I'm afraid I never scared anyone that badly on Halloween. I tried, but the people were too smart.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:22 pm

This didn't happen at Halloween but last week I accidentally caught a few seconds of "The View" on TV.

My wife found me an hour or so later curled up in the fetal position, crying softly and singing negro spirituals.

Does that count?

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:06 pm

LOL spookyboo that is brilliant! It's the sort of thing you wish you had video recorded! :lol:

I have never scared someone in such an ingenius way, although I did have a habit of hiding about the house all the time when I was younger, behind doors, sofas and under beds etc.. waiting in the darkness, silently... until my mum appeared... when I would jump out and yell BOOOOO!!

My poor mum. I think I may have taken several years off of her life :?

spookyboo
Haunt Master

Post by spookyboo » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:34 pm

My heart goes out to you Dr. Strange for your debilitating event...The view....
even now I shudder to think....you should feel lucky though...it could have been worse
ROSIE ODONELL could have still be on ....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:50 am

I was waiting for this thread to rear its ugly head. I'm surprized I didn't start it awhile ago because I have a story that is a great one!

You know those times where you scare someone SOOO much, YOU get freaked out, yourself? Well, this is one of those tales.

It was a dark and stormy - no, wait.... It was a bright and cheery morning and the news was that my cousin Jeff.... hmm... This will probably be embarrassing for him so, I'll keep him anonymous.... We'll just refer to him as 'My victim'. Anyway, my victim was going to be staying over night and didn't I think this was going to be fun?

Most certainly! :twisted:

I think I was around 14 or 15 and my victim was I think 11 or 12. I looked at the facts and just what I had to work with. I knew he knew he was going to be sleeping in my bed, I had a queen size bed.... plenty of room.... And I knew that he knew that I sleep with the radio on. I immediately went to work.
I had a pretty nice cassette recorder hooked up to my stereo so I recorded about half an hour of my favorite station. I stopped the recording in the middle of some song then added my own handy work.
We had some real heavy duty chains in our back yard left over from some clever hippie art project, or another so, I brought those upstairs to my recorder.
I wish I still had this tape cuz, really..... it was good. I recorded my self doing some haunting whispering, something to the nature of.... "IIIIII WAAAAANT OOOOUUUUUUT!!!" Chains, slowly clanking. "IIIIII WAAAAANT OOOOUUUUUUT!!!" This time a little louder and more deliberate.

Now here is the great thing. My closet door was at the foot of the bed on the side of the wall where my victim would be trying to sleep. I rigged up some fishing line to the bottom of the door and strung it around my side of the bed, like so.....

Everything was in place. My victim came over and we all had a swell day!

TIME FOR NIGHT NIGHT!

I went over and turned on the radio..... at least that's what HE thought I did. He talked a little about the day and blah blah blah..... let's turn out the light. Goodnight [he who shall not be named]. I knew I had about 10 or 15 minutes before showtime so I started settling down so I could make my moves and not be noticed. I had my arm drapped over the side of the bed, now all I had to do was wait for my que.

The events that followed are kind of murky but, they went down something like this: The radio goes silent and almost immediately, I hear a tensly whispered, MAT! To this, I of course, say nothing.
Then came the sound of the chains, followed by the "IIIIII WAAAAANT OOOOUUUUUUT!!!"
My victim sits up in bed and I start to slowly pull on the fishing line.......

He was literally pulling at his hair and jumping on the bed, SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAMING!!!!!!!

"IIIIII WAAAAANT OOOOUUUUUUT!!!"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Dad burst into the room and turned on the light to find myself in uncontrollable laughter and my victim in uncontrollable hysterics.

I got really grounded for that one, but ya know.... I wouldn't have done a single thing different.

I've got another great story about my brother but I'll save that for another day.

The End

JACKRYAN592
Haunt Master

Post by JACKRYAN592 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:01 am

WHEN I GOT MARRIED!!!

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:58 am

Great Story OEJ. The real question is who won the fight that ensued afterward? LOL :D

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:16 pm

The fight goes on to this day, HH. Thanks for replying....
As for the REST of you.... Wasn't my story nefarious enough for you?

I have others!!!!! Image

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:38 pm

Me, some of my cousins, and some friends of ours used to scary people more than 15 years!!! Well, we are still doing that this year! :lol:

We love to wear masks and costumes every year to scary some <deleted> off! Hee hee...

spookyboo
Haunt Master

OEJs story

Post by spookyboo » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:44 pm

I thought your scare story was fabulous!!!!!!!!! so tell me more~~~~

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:04 am

I have two stories that are from my college days. These are my favourites.

Story 1: Didja See It?
When I was a freshman in college, I got invited to go out with a large group (20-ish people) to Old Tucson Studio's Halloween Event-- Nightfall. Old Tucson really does a good job of telling the story of Nightfall and Jeb' Hyde, some crazy doctor who experimented with his patients. All-in-all, we had a great time. The shows were superb. It was very engaging.

Well, the group decided to do the big haunted house before the night was up. As we entered the haunted house, the guys hung back to let the ladies go first. I immediately began to gawk at the decorations and ended up somewhere in the middle of the group. As the group approached the center of the haunted house, one of the actors poked his head around the corner, got the girls' attention, and very quietly asked the girls at the front of the group "Didja see it?" They got scared and ran back towards the boys... I asked them what they'd seen and was told that there was a guy poking his head out from around the corner.

I walk up to the corner and the guy pokes his head out from around the corner and asks me, "Didja see it?" Well, I wanted to see what it was, so I replied, "What? See what? What am I supposed to see?" Which totally freaked out the girls even more that I was talking to the "scary guy". He started to get frustrated with me because I wasn't panicing... still prodding him for information as to where this AWESOME thing was that I was s'posed to see. Then, from behind the group, a chainsaw kicks up and everyone behind me (boys included) panic and push forward to get away from the chainsaw guy-- running into the "didja see it" guy in the process!

I was laughing afterwards, but everyone else had quite the fear/adrenaline rush going! It was fantastic! =)

Story 2: The Football Player
By my third year of college, I'd found a way to dress up and give out candy in the dorms. I coined the term "reverse trick-or-treating", which consisted of me dressing up and going door-to-door in the dormitories passing out candy.

My costume that year was my Death costume. It consisted of gloves, plastic scythe, black robes, and one of those masks with the black material covering the face where you can see out, but others cannot see in. (Photo of Death Costume Here). I carried with me an 8" cauldron full of mini chocolate bars.

I got a friend of mine to help me pass out the candy, since Death isn't generally portrayed as someone who speaks and I needed a voice to explain the concept of reverse-ToTing (RTOT). I never spoke a word. It's amazing to me how much the unknown or fear of the unknown can impact people...

We went to RTOT in one wing of the dorms that housed college football players. A friend of mine lived in the hall and I wanted to get his wing. We knocked at each door and my friend would explain that we were giving out candy. One room we stumbled upon in this wing had four very large and very built college football players playing videogames. Three of the four took candy without batting an eye. The fourth started freaking out.

"Who is that? Who is under the mask? Why aren't you saying anything? Who are you?"

I raised my palm and shrugged. He continued to flip out.

"I'm not taking candy. You're freaking me out"... etc.. etc.

I can't recall how things ended, but it still gives me a chuckle to picture a huge linebacker freaking out like that.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:13 am

i've got a really good 1. yrs ago when my friend and i were teenagers, we went to a haunted house for halloween (this was during a time where the actors could touch you, get your dirty minds out of the gutter, like on the shoulder or something) so i'm w/ the group in front of my friend and there was about a 10 min wait between groups. i come up to michael meyers and spend a couple of minutes talking to him. then i have an evil idea in my head, my friend, at the time, was deathly afrain of michael meyers. so i go up to the guy, give him $10, and asked him to really scare her (i described who she was so he wouldn't get the wrong girl)
a few minutes later, i'm outside waiting for my friends' group to come out, and all of a sudden i hear the highest pitch screaming i had ever heard. she comes out running, knocking people over. michael's right behind her chasing her. he chased her for about a block when he caught up w/ her and touched her shoulder. she pushed him to the ground and ran. he wound up chasing her for another 2 blocks until she ducked into dunkin donuts. michael comes to me and high 5s me. my friend sees that and is pissed beyond believe. i'm literally on the ground, eyes tearing, about to wet myself hysterical laughing. after she calmed down, she realized how funny it was and started laughing too. but she'll never go to another haunted house w/ me ever again
trick or treat