Costume for 2007

Chat about your costumes
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:16 pm

Hey Dr.Strange, I think the Werewolf and little Red Riding Hood would be an awesome costume for the two of you. And if your Wife wanted to buy her instead of making it, almost every costume place I've found on-line in the US sells her :) Well best wishes finding costumes you will be happy with as a couple, I'm sure you'll both find something you'll enjoy.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:37 pm

[quote="Dutchess of Darkness"]Hey Dr.Strange, I think the Werewolf and little Red Riding Hood....

Think of something else here... have you seen the movie called "The Company of Wolves? I really can't recall the story, but there was a little Red Riding Hood in this movie. I believe that movie was made in 1984. If you haven't seen it, then you should check it out.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:19 pm

I do know the movie but I don't think we could muster up serious period piece costumes this year. For me it would just be a nightgown, slippers, bonnet and the wolf mask and hands I have. And for my wife whatever Red Riding Hood outfit I could get her to agree on, but to be honest with little ones in the house she couldn't dress up crazy sexy any more than I could go too scary.

But I guess we'll see.... :wink:

jinho
Zombie

Post by jinho » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:43 pm

Im still dont know what im gonna be. :( So if you have time visit my topic,please? XD :(

visit my topics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by jinho on Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:00 pm

For hosting my own Halloween party, I'm going to be Tia Dalma (aka Calypso aka Voodoo Lady) from Pirates of the Caribbean. For my mum's party, I'm going to be Akasha (Queen of the Damned) and I have another costume in reserve (Bellatrix Lestrange from Harry Potter) for anyone else's party/club event that crops up :D

I've got a lot of work ahead of me and I'm totally loving it :lol:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:14 pm

Hey Magickbeanm, I really admire your talent of sewing, you're very lucky to have it. I may have just meet the seamstress I've been hoping to find for my wedding dress :D

ooga_booga
Haunt Master

Post by ooga_booga » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:21 am

I said in another costume thread that I was going to be a zombie. Change of plans-some of the people I plan on inviting to my party may be a little freaked out by a full out flesh eating zombie :lol: so I've decided to be a pirate instead. I'm making my costume and I've been looking at costume sites for inspiration.
Serial Thread Killer.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:31 pm

Well, what do you guys think if I am planning to be a necromancer on this Halloween? Please tell me what you agree or not... This pic was taken before Halloween of last year at my auntie's house in Connecticut while I was on weekend break vacation.

ooga_booga
Haunt Master

Post by ooga_booga » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:19 am

^ I like it :)
Serial Thread Killer.

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:45 am

I like it....way to go HM.

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:28 am

Aww Dutchess you are so sweet! I'm not really so good at sewing things from scratch because I do all my sewing by hand and it is very laborious, but I enjoy customising things and modifying simple garments into extraordinary ones! One day, when I can afford a sewing machine, I'll start designing and making custom costumes for people from scratch :)

And HM I love that costume!! You look great! :D

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:21 pm

Very nice, HM!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:54 pm

I always dress up more than once per year. For my party on 10/27, I'll wear my new Ren Faire garb, but shoot, I can't figure out how to post pix.

Not sure yet which one I'm wearing on Halloween itself, to hand out candy. Last year, I dressed up 5 times:

For my party, I was Hermione Granger. On 10/29 I face painted at a county Cabbage Night festival & dressed in clown. For Halloween night, I was a queen. In November, I painted at an event called Wicked Good Time, and was in vampire. And then, in December, I wore my blue faerie costume (my avatar) to Halloween in December, and won the costume contest.

Gee, I'm not too infatuated with Halloween, am I?[/img]
Act well your part; there all the honour lies.
~Anonymous

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:24 pm

Aha, let's try this. Here's a link to a shared album (I hope!) of me in costumes: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welc ... Nm7hm1buag

You've got me at my party last year as Hermione Granger (with some friends), then a close up of my face done vampire with my old Scarecrow fangs. I've got custom fangs now, much better. The next is me as a Rennie (my costume for the party this year), then a full shot of me in the blue faerie costume, a full shot of me in vampire, then a shot of me in clown. I don't have pix of the rest right now.
Act well your part; there all the honour lies.
~Anonymous

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:32 am

Hey Larissa, That link worked great! :D Loved all your costumes, you have quite a selection, lucky girl :wink: I really loved you in the Hermione Granger costume, what a nice smile you have :) And I loved the one of you dressed all up as a Vampire, very nice. thanks for sharing them :D