JOB

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Pennywise11
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Pennywise11 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:51 pm

Cyber Athelete!!! Now that is something I could pass with flying colors... LOL.. Would love the profession
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Slightlymad
Master Reaper

Post by Slightlymad » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:36 pm

Well untill last week I was the lead mechanic for a high rise hotel now I fix traffic signals. Ah no more stress

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:16 pm

Spooky Sam, tell your mom I totally sympathize with that!! But, I wouldn't trade helping people for any other job. The sad stuff balances out with the times that you really feel like you made a difference for somebody, and that feeling is what keeps us coming back!!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:28 am

This is a cool thread, another good way to get to know a little about you folks. :D

My Bachelor's degree is in exercise and health science, and I hope to jump back into that profession one day- but for 4 years now, I've been a stay-at-home mom for our sons with a small house cleaning business on the side. Couldn't be happier with my decision there...I feel like our kids are our biggest investment, and I've been trying to give them my all. The first day of Kindergarten will be sadder for me than it is them. :)

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:28 am

I'm a civil engineer. I work mostly in transportation, designing roads, but I've done some hydrologic and hydraulic design of culverts and drainage features. I'm a youngin' -- graduated in 2004 and have only been working in my field of study for 3 years this November. I love my job.... provided I don't have to work with any architects. Hehe.

It's nice to see such a broad variety of people who all enjoy Halloween! =)

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:35 pm

WOW, you guys are an impressive bunch! :) Can't wait to read more of what you guys do!

Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Post by Hdunlopclark » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:49 pm

well, i have the lovly life of not having a job but i am studying to become a csi crime sean investigator! woo

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:22 pm

I am an insurance agent for State Farm. It is my first job and am going to hit my one year mark on Nov 1st!!
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:55 am

When I'm not out looking for my head....I'm an attorney. My areas of practice are Labor and Employment law and Appellate work. I work for a large financial institution as well as have private practice on the side.

spookyboo
Haunt Master

My Job

Post by spookyboo » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:05 pm

I am an artist and I work with glass, metal, and clay to make all different things including sculptures and smaller pieces for window or decoration. I keep coming out with new things
I also have a jewelry line and just before the accident I added a line of custom flip flops.
lately I have been painting I have completed several landscape pictures and....catching breath........I have written two childrens books which are at the agent as we speak. as well as 6 novels in various degrees of completion. I don't think I missed anything...oh yea I can also cook and bake LOL.
Wild Winds thou shalt blow
carry away my saddened soul
tis the time of Judgement

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:14 pm

You are one accomplished lady, Spookyboo! There's a lot of talent on this forum and I'm darned proud to be a part of it. :D
Don't drink and fly...

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:17 pm

LawP,
I read previously that you are a paralegal. Do you concentrate in any area of the law. Working of the State, would it be criminal, prosecutorial work? Just curious.

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:36 pm

HH, we represent the Board of County Commissioners, other elected officials and department directors in county government. I personally work on Sheriff issues - usually alleged civil rights violations filed by inmates - tax matters, public sales, grant and contract administration, liquor code enforcement, community corrections, open records requests, and HUD loan collections for the housing department. Our district attorney handles prosecution and we pretty much do the rest! I love the variety and the research involved.
Don't drink and fly...

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:46 pm

Okay, that sound interesting. If you are involved in Civil Rights issues, you know what I deal with on a day in day out basis. The very foundation of Employment law is Civil Rights. Thanks for sharing.

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:56 pm

I only wish I could work more with legitimate civil rights issues. What we usually deal with are bored inmates with too much access to the law library! :shock:
Don't drink and fly...