What was your 1st horror movie?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
magickbean
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by magickbean » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:45 pm

Mine was Aracnophobia when I was about 6 or 7, I think................ I still can't switch off a lamp from underneath or shower without looking for spiders first.... :shock:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:03 pm

Hey Magickbean, Well that's just way too funny, we're twins! I have NO IDEA why I ever watched that movie when it first came out because I am so Aracnophobic, but I did and it really didn't help me any. I do the same things, when I read what you said about the shower I laughed cause I do that every time, plus I hate the thought of when I go to bed having any crawling on me, or even worse crawling into my mouth, it makes it really difficult in getting to sleep :(

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:12 pm

:lol: Lol Dutchess that's too funny! I hold comfort in the fact that I have an "Aracnophobia" twin! :D I also have a problem with slippers - I will not put my feet into slippers until I have shaken them vigorously!

I also can't sleep in a room if I know there is a spider in it.. I am completely convinced that it will crawl over me and into my mouth when I am sleeping.. *eeeeeeeeee* that makes me squirm just thinking about it :shock: *checks around the room for spiders* I still see that man's face all sunken and green when he was in the coffin.. oohhhhh .. I had so many nightmares about that. Why on earth did my parents let me watch that film!?!?

I remember when I was younger and living at home, we were watching TV in the dark, and in the light spilling from the television onto the carpet, I saw a HUGE house spider running across the floor towards me and I freaked out so badly. It was too much like the scene from the movie :(

brimac35
Zombie

Post by brimac35 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:24 pm

It's was either a Bela Lugosi or Lon Chaney Jr flick . The first one I ever seen in a theater was Halloween when I was 9 and Children of the Corn and Texas Chainsaw Massacre was the first horror movies I rented .
Thursdays , I never could really get the hang of Thursdays .

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:26 pm

Mine was Polterguiste (did I spell this right?). I was 5 years old and my Aunt Karen and her friend went to see it at a drive in theater. I remember hiding in the back seat because I was scared, and the one time I got brave enough to look at the screen again, I popped my head up right during the scene where the guy was peeling off his face in the bathroom sink. Anyone else remember this? Im still traumatized to this day!

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:45 pm

MICHAEL!!! There you are! :D What a time to brave a peek, eh? I remember that movie...FREAKY! :shock:

Magickbean and Dutchess, Aracnophobia's a good one! :) I remember the part where the couple is having popcorn in the den and the woman dips her hand in the bowl with all those spiders in it, AAAAAHHH!! (This also reminds me of a spider incident the other day in one of the houses I clean, I'll have to tell y'all about it..creeped me OUT!)

Hooch and Spooky Sam, DEFINITELY gonna check out Creature From the Black Lagoon, you guys have convinced me. :wink: And I'm already paranoid about swimming where I can't see my feet too, this I'm sure won't help!

Spooky, rock on for having Piranha too!! :D The effects ARE cool, aren't they? And that dude (dude with the beard, lead role-his name escapes me) has such good one-liners!

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:05 pm

The first horror movie I remember seeing was at a friend's house at a sleepover party. I'm not even sure how old I was, but it had to be in the single digits. It was on TV.

The movie scared the hell out of me, to the point where I had to get rid of a doll I had that looked like the witch who was head of the coven. Years later, I still remembered bits of it & was still scared of it, but didn't know the name. A friend of mine was able to find it from my description! And all these years later (I'm 37), I was able to see it again - I bought it. I was amazed at how much I truly did remember correctly; it scarred me that badly.

The movie was Horror Hotel a/k/a The City of the Dead (1960): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053719/
Act well your part; there all the honour lies.
~Anonymous

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:38 pm

HI LAURIE ! I have been waiting for you....65 days until I come home! Are you ready for me?? :twisted: LOL :)

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:57 pm

Although I must confess I saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original) at the drive in when I was about 22,and I am not exaggerating, I didn't sleep for a SOLID WEEK :oops: !!!

No movie before or since has freaked me out THAT much. :shock:

And, no, I've never watched it again.
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:03 pm

I'm ready for ya, brother! Already brandishing my own weapon, even!- :lol:

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:11 pm

Hehehe... This is pretty funny; all of us talking about what movies freaked us out.
I can say 'The Exorcist' did a real number on me. I was 15 when I saw THAT one! I went through to usual fraidy-cat checklist: Lights on; covers up to my nose; pillow over my head; happy, cheery music playing on the radio. You know the routine. To this day, I won't go NEAR anything possesed.

Check this out.... It wasn't a movie but this was probably the FIRST thing on TV that freaked me out: Any body remember a little soap opera called DARK SHADOWS??? This was in the early '60's and boy, I tell ya, I do NOT remember ever being able to watch a single episode all the way through, but how I did love that show. I had the Barnabus Collins game and the comic book. But then again, I couldn't get through the comic book either. Had to have my Mom take it back to the store. Too scary.
I still remember what it was about and everything. Some greedy son wanted insurance money so he kiiled his wheelchair ridden father by pushing him off a cliff. Now, I'm sure you'd do the same thing as I..... If someone pushed YOU off a cliff, wouldn't you, as an selfrespecting dead guy would, come back and HAUNT your killer?

Yeah.... well, that's what I ASSUMED happened.... I didn't get that far.

ooga_booga
Haunt Master

Post by ooga_booga » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:58 am

My first horror movie was Nightmare on elm street, when I was around 8 or 9 years old. Funnily enough it didn't really scare me.
The movie that really got me into horror was Sleepy hollow, when I was 13.
Serial Thread Killer.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:43 am

I think the first scary movie I watched as a little child was Poltergiest. It really scared me, becuase I remember someone saying that things can be possessed and that Poltergiest do happen sometimes so for a long time I was thinking that I was going to come downstairs and the kitchen chairs would be all outta whack positioned strangely. To watch it now, it is a bit silly but yep it gave me a good fright!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:47 am

On the screen, it would have been THE GHOST AND MR. CHICKEN with Don Knots...the organ stained with blood, the sheers IN THE WOMANS THROAT..
The whole family went to see it in Dad's car..a Dodge 330 with push button gears..
13 Ghosts they showed on t.v. once at spring break in Grade One and that FREAKED OUT the whole school..I can still remember Demon Possessed Dad slowly TAAAAALKING about KILLLLLLLING ...brrr...
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:46 pm

OH!!! I forgot about The Ghost and Mr. Chicken! That movie rocked! ATTA' BOY, LUTHER!!!!
That organ music was sooooo creepy and yes, Uncletor, The sheers in the throat was the best, but for those who haaven't seen it... It wasn't just that... The sheers had been myteriously stuck in to the throat of a PAINTING of a woman who was long dead and the PAINTING was bleeding! All the while the music from the bloodstained organ played on, all by itself!