Strange backyard

Review the Haunts you've visted

What age did you have your strangest experience?

5 or under
No votes
6-10
25%
11-20
50%
21-30
25%
31-40
No votes
41-50
No votes

Total votes: 4

Hallownerd
Crypt Keeper

Strange backyard

Post by Hallownerd » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:41 pm

A few years ago, I was (ummm) about 11 yrs old and I remember that me and my friends had just gotten interested in UFOs, aliens, ect, and I went out in my backyard and I found a pile of wood shaped in the formation of a UFO. It was weird. I still haven't figured out what it was from but I was only 11 and it really freaked me out. I went over and kicked it but nothing happened so I guess it was just a normal pile of wood. What do you think it was from???
-Tony-

Also check out the site for my Yard Haunt: Nightmare on Ames Street

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Haunted Horseman » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:20 pm

When I was iabout 22, a few friends and I used to take these night bycyle trips through a local park. We had no flash lights or lighs on our bikes, so it was quite challenging to avoid crashing. There was a stream that ran through the park and had several stone hand crafted bridges that crossed it. (pretty cool) One night we were making out way through the park and came very close to the stream bank as we approached one of the bridges. As we did so, something with a huge wing span swept out from under the Bridge over our heads and flew down the stream at incredible speed. It wasn't a bat ( it was sitting on rock in the middle of the stream under the bridge), it was much to big to be any bird I've seen in the area, plus who ever heard of a bird flying at night. The thing made no sound. We went back in the day to see if we could catch a glimpse of whatever it was, but never found anythng. To this day, 15 years later, we still don't know what that was. Really creeped us out at the time.

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:39 pm

Ooh Haunted Horseman that would have freaked me out too! Perhaps it was an owl? Eagle owls are enormous and like wooded areas (I believe) and being nocturnal, would be out and about at night. They are also almost completely silent when they fly, which is how they manage to catch their prey of small creatures with sensitive hearing. :)

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:01 pm

Thanks Magickbean, I never thought of that. Could be. I would have loved to have gotten a close up look at an Eagle owl.

Hallownerd
Crypt Keeper

Post by Hallownerd » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:51 pm

Haunted Horseman, when did this happen? Around Halloween or some other part of the year?
-Tony-

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:53 am

This happened in Late summer. Sometime in early September. Can't remember exactly. It was getting close to the Halloween season but not quite there yet.

Hallownerd
Crypt Keeper

Post by Hallownerd » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:36 pm

Wow, I've never heard of anything like that. It would have been really cool on Halloween night, but any day, I would be terrified!
-Tony-