Costume for 2007

Chat about your costumes
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:33 am

Hm, Very Kewl costume! :D Love the props all around too, adds to your look.

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:14 pm

Thanks! I can't wait now to get photos of me in my new faerie costume (can't have just one, after all, can I?) & some of my other stuff. Sheesh, you'd think I *run* a community theater instead of just acting in one. :)
Act well your part; there all the honour lies.
~Anonymous

ooga_booga
Haunt Master

Post by ooga_booga » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:58 pm

Well, I've changed my mind again :lol: this time I've decided to be a dark faerie, as it would be easier to put together than a pirate.
Serial Thread Killer.

FieryFaerie
Vampire

Post by FieryFaerie » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:36 pm

Belly dancer. . .. . . .. working on getting the pic posted in my profile. . . .be patient. . . . ...
I am a member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals. :P

harvard12
Ghost

Halloween Coupons

Post by harvard12 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:38 pm

SpookShowBaby
Haunt Master

Post by SpookShowBaby » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:31 pm

I think I have my costume idea already!! We went to Party City yesterday and I saw a tragedy mask, I really like the couples costumes but not the store bought ones. I am going to be tragedy with a black greek goddess outfit and my fiance is going to be comedy. Of course, I could still change my mind. Sometimes I hate being a Libra :roll:
“Come let us meet, with charm and spell, by magic arts our fates to tell.”

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:22 pm

I'm still all up in the air on my costume. I have the Freddy glove I got this year, and the Frank shoes from last year but I still can't decide on what to do. I ahve to do a couple thing with my wife cause she's getting P.O.'d that we hardly do anything together costume-wise.

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:35 pm

Oh man, I still have absolutely no clue what I'm going to be this year....the kids are into pirates and superheroes, so, hmmmm....pirate wench? Wonder Woman? I don't know.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:42 pm

I always fall to the side of the creepy, although I went as Clark Kent one year when my son went as Superman (people thought I was Elvis Costello :roll: ).

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:55 pm

Larissa:

I just LOVE a great costume, and girl, you have some GREAT costumes. Very good work!!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:40 am

I think I'm still hooked on my 'Al Jolson in the Jazz Singer', idea...
MAMMY! MAMMY!!!!

Bloody Melory
Ghost

Post by Bloody Melory » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:53 pm

guys u got great ideas here! :D
this year I wanna be a puppet or some murdered girl from an old horror movie :twisted: , coz last year I was a wild cat... it was a nightmare, every boy try to pull my tail off :lol:

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:58 am

Dutchess of Darkness wrote:hey People, Ok for the main part of my costume, you can view the outfit I'm wishing to purchase at the Fright Catalog under costumes, It's called "Gothic Vampira Costume" If anyone knows where I can purchase this at a more affordable price then they have at $129.99 USD I think it was, "PLEASE" let me know, thanks so much. I still have everything to purchase, the wings alone look like they are going to be costly esp. with dollar conversion "which is awesome right now" but its the shipping thats gone up soooooooooo much, and yes I have to convert that also, so when you do the total conversion it gets expensive! :cry:
OMG, that's the vampire costume I have!! There's a photo of me in it in the "photos of members" thread. I got it at party city on sale for about $100. That's the cheapest I've ever seen it. It's a great costume, though. Well made, and it lasts. I've used it several times over a few years & plan to use it many, many more.
~Anonymous

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:20 am

Hey Larissa, Yes I was just noticing that now when I just looked at that thread, Ya I really want to purchase it. So the quality, would you say its good ? Most costumes around here look good in the picture but when you really see them, they're cheap <deleted>, so this one really is good quality you say and would last? Is the material of a type that makes it comfortable to wear? Must be something good about it cause its sure expensive. Well et me know all about it ok. ANd I'm trying to figure out as much about sizing as I can. If you want to pm me info about your size and what size you bought in that costume so that it may help me in determining how much bigger I would need to go I'd apprecaite it, as you look much smaller then I am right now. Any help would be greatly apprecaited :D :D

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:38 am

Oh, I don't care if people know my size. I'm a 6 or 8, and bought a medium. Really, I think a small would've worked, but the store was out of that size. The medium makes the chest part gather a little more than I'd like when I lace it up 'cause I'm not big up top, but I just arrange it 'til it's right. I do have others from the same collection - like the blue fairy - that are size small.

The dress is nearly clothing quality, though unlined. It's very comfortable, except for the crinoline. The lace of the crinoline is kind of stiff, and there's a horizontal seam about halfway down the thigh, all the way around, where it poofs out. The first time I wore it, I didn't wear pantyhose, because I was wearing boots & figured I could go comfy in socks. It scratched up my legs quite a bit at that seam line. So now I wear it with pantyhose & it's perfectly comfortable. I wore it for 13 hours straight one afternoon/night to do face & body painting at an event & wasn't bothered in the least. In fact, that photo was taken at that event.

One other thing is that the lace on the sleeves does come down over the hands, so when I wore it for my party, I was loathe to stick my hands in the oven to get the hors d'oeuvres out... my friend had to get them for me. Of course, that's a great ploy to get other people to help with the work! :wink:
~Anonymous