What was your 1st horror movie?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
brimac35
Zombie

Post by brimac35 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:05 pm

The most disturbing movie I have ever seen was The Last House on the Left . I have it on DVD and my wife will not let me watch when she's home . But then again she will not watch TCM or Deliverence with me either .
Thursdays , I never could really get the hang of Thursdays .

MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:15 pm

We used to RACE home from school everyday to watch Dark Shadows. I can still whistle the theme song.
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:29 pm

Just wondering if anyone remembers a horror film called "Mirror Mirror"...? I watched it when I was 9, I think - it was one of the first horror films that I saw and it really freaked me out. It's about an evil mirror that curses people or something, and there's a scene in a high school cafeteria where a girl is about to take a bite from a sandwich, and her nose starts bleeding all over it and .. ugh.. that just really creeped me out for some reason :shock:

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:32 am

Hmmm, nope, I can't recall a movie called 'Mirror, Mirror,' but I might just have to look it up on Netflix....I saw one once a while back, 'Lord of Illusions?' It really freaked me out then, but I haven't watched it in a while so I don't know if it stands the test of time, yet. :)

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:20 am

i've got you all beat. my 1st horror movie was friday the 13th and i was 3 FREAKIN YRS OLD. my grandmother sat me on the couch and we watch it together. been hooked ever since
coincidentally, this is also my earliest memory. funny how things work out
trick or treat

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:37 am

I think that's just a little bit.......much! At 3?? Yow. That woulda scared me good. When I was a kid, Boris Karloff as the Frankenstein Monster was the thing that scared me. Man, he was scary creepy.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:49 pm

One of my best friends has this dad..who went out and rented some stuff for the kids to watch so they'd leave him alone.
It was the late 80's, the era of CHERRY MERRY MUFFIN, STRAWBERRY SHORT CAKE,
So who could BLAME him when he rented CHILDREN OF THE CORN???
Future events such as these will effect you in the future