Yankee Candle Halloween

Discussion of general Halloween topics
mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by mandy0221 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:09 pm

I love actually going into the store. I do not care for the pumpkin scent but love the autumn one. ANd they have pretty inexpensive decorative items.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by geekmidwinter » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:41 pm

tomanderson wrote:I wanted to mention a candle that I have tried that is really pretty nice. It is no longer being made so I don't know how available these are, but one seller has some on Ebay. It's from the Old Virginia Candle Company.

Do an Ebay search on "Old Virginia Happy Halloween" and you will find this votive candle in Ebay Stores.

This is a triple-fragrance candle, and whoever put this together did a really good job.
I remember Harvest being very cinnamon-y and Boo, from last season is a peppermint scent.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:32 pm

That particular candle I posted a picture of is different--its three flavors are sort of poetic in nature. They are...

Jack-O-Lantern
Harvest Moon
Goblins Delight

The flavors are subtle blends of things, and when the candle burns, the blends blend together, so it's pretty hard to tell what the flavors are. Goblins Delight does seem to have strong nuances of licorice and vanilla. Jack-O-Lantern definitely has pumpkin in it. Harvest Moon is a mystery to me.