Cobweb (2023)

Halloween and Horror Movies
NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Cobweb (2023)

Post by NeverMore » Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:47 am

Saw this movie last night. Unusual in that I usually wait till October to watch Halloween themed movies. But I've been looking forward to this. Can be seen on Amazon Prime Video.

[Spoilers below]

I dug it! Another Halloween classic that is obviously set up for a sequel. A bit of the supernatural mixed in, Sarah is ready to take her place among Michael and Sam (still waiting on that Trick 'r Treat sequel though!) as a seasonal icon. This movie started making me think of Black Phone then morphed into Mama. With a hint of Chucky? Most telling? Roger Ebert didn't like it. He didn't like the misdirections that went nowhere? The missing girl and the cut on the arm?!? By the end of the movie I was like.... Ahhh! That's what that was! Jump scares were scarce. But then, what makes us jump these days? Fair amount of suspense as the layers of the onion were pulled away. All-in-all? A new movie in my yearly Halloween rotation.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: Cobweb (2023)

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:17 am

Oh, I hadn't heard of this one! Thanks for the heads-up! My husband has recently gotten into a Halloween mood and is pulling out the scary movies. That's unusual for him. I don't normally start until late August or maybe Labor Day.

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Re: Cobweb (2023)

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:33 pm

My wife and I watched this last week, and we liked it. I won't go into spoilers, but I will say that the Halloween atmosphere in this movie was beautifully done, the story was good but there were a few things they could have explained in a better way, but I do think this movie can become a cult classic like Trick 'r Treat. I definitely recommend you give this movie a chance, the parents were just creepy, and it had some really good moments.