Trunk or Treat Ideas

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
MauEvig
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Trunk or Treat Ideas

Post by MauEvig » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:46 pm

I know...it's not as much fun as REAL Trick or Treating. But it is still fun and I think it could be something for kids to do and an opportunity for adults to get creative and get into the Halloween spirit in ADDITION to traditional Trick or Treating.
It's become such a popular idea though that I think it would be fun brain storming ideas for decorating the back of your car, truck, SUV, van, etc.
Dollar Tree which now offers $3.00 and $5.00 items, and some of them have completely merged with Family Dollar (I know they're already under the same umbrella corporate wise) and some of them have included Truck or Treat "kits" you can buy. I actually did get one, but I haven't tried it out yet.
So what are some fun ways to take Trick or Treating on the road and deck out your trunk? Keep in mind depending on state and local laws, you MAY have to take the decorations down once Truck or Treat is over to make sure your car remains road-legal.
Or heck, what's some fun ways to deck out your car in general? I'm sure SOME decorations could just be left in there for fun or show.
I signed up to do Trunk or Treat at the Elementary School I'm working at since (as I mentioned before) we don't get a lot of Trick or Treaters here. Oh I'll still have SOME candy at the house just in case, but I don't expect more than one or two if I'm lucky.
I heard we're going to do booths in lieu of the car, but I think a booth would still be fun. I considered doing a black cat witch familiar theme since I already have a TON of black cats, combined with some witch stuff and dress up like a witch for the event.
Anyway, what are some fun ways to deck out your car and take Trick or Treating on the road? What could be some fun themes to incorporate?
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: Trunk or Treat Ideas

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:08 pm

I do this most years at church. I have a kit like you mentioned, but I add in faux pumpkins and Halloween themed beanie babies, etc. I use only battery operated candles. I have a Manheim Steamroller Halloween themed CD I play, and I have a posable skeleton I put in the driver's seat, along with his pet skeletal dog. I dress the skeletal driver in a hat and scarf. Everybody loves it. My car is an SUV, so it's easy to set up the back part of it with decorations and candy.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Re: Trunk or Treat Ideas

Post by MauEvig » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:28 pm

I like the idea of adding the skeletons in the driver's seat and the music. ^^ I'll have to see what I'm allowed to bring in.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection