Little Halloween 2023 is in October this year!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
MauEvig
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Little Halloween 2023 is in October this year!

Post by MauEvig » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:16 pm

What luck! It appears this year's "Little Halloween" will be in October this year. Two Halloweens for one month!
I tell you what, with the stressful summer I've had this year, I really hope this ends up being a good October. I also have my anniversary with my boyfriend to look forward to that month, and Trunk or Treat. I'm definitely going to be busy.
Maybe it'll be a good night to watch some horror movies and make something good for dinner.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: Little Halloween 2023 is in October this year!

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:55 am

Absolutely it will be!

My anniversary is in Oct, too, the 24th.

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:08 am

This is just a reminder that Little Halloween is this Friday, we have a pizza party planned for the kids, and they will be having about 10 friends coming over, everybody will be wearing costumes, and we will be playing games and watching movies. We will be showing NBC and Hocus Pocus, and we might have some other fun and creepy surprises for them as well.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:22 am

Oh, what a fun idea! I bet your kids and their friends will have a blast!

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:45 pm

I'll be at work Friday, but I might try to do a little something for the occasion.
Might be a good night for a horror movie. ^^
Hope you all have fun, Headless!
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:37 am

We are going to surprise the kids and bring them to Spirit Halloween for some shopping, we wanted to bring them to a haunt as well, but the ones in my area aren't open this early, and the only haunts that are open already are a couple of hours from us so we probably won't be able to go to a haunt yet, but I'm sure that we will find some other fun things for the kids to do as there is still a few days to come up with something.

Regardless of how you choose to celebrate, I hope that everyone here has a Happy Little Halloween!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:54 am

Are there any corn mazes nearby? I took a cub scout group to a corn maze once, and they had a blast.

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:18 pm

I thought about that as well, but there aren't any near us, and the ones that are further out don't open until the last week of the month. We have been to a few different ones through the years, and we always have fun when we go. There's a arcade in the mall near us, so we might go there as well. There is only going to be one other parent with us, so we are going to have to make sure our little group of gremlins is well behaved. :lol:

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:31 pm

Right, it definitely helps to have parental oversight in a public place!

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:18 am

"I hope that someday you'll know the indescribable joy of having children, and of paying someone else to raise them."
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:49 am

Have a happy Little Halloween everybody.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:29 pm

Thanks, Andy, you too!

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:44 am

Happy Little Halloween y'all!
We ended up watching House of Wax.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:32 pm

I watched The Conjuring.

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:39 am

I hope that everyone had some fun on Little Halloween.

The day started early for us, as parents were dropping their kids at our place right after 8am because that's the time they would have been going to school anyway, it actually wasn't hard to convince the parents to let their kids skip a day of school just to have some fun. After about a hour everyone arrived, there was actually 16 kids in total ranging in age from 2-10 and only my wife and I, with 2 other parents with us to handle them, so we had our hands full. We made sure that everyone had something to eat, got them into their costumes and then we headed out for the day.

First we went to Spirit Halloween, the kids were excited to pick out costumes for Halloween and get some merchandise, when we walked in to the store the first thing you notice is the animatronic area, some of the kids loved it and some of them were terrified, watching them get scared was hilarious. There was one kid that was just adorable, he walked up to the animatronic Grim Reaper that was holding a doll of a little girl, but he wasn't scared and he was pulling on her legs trying to save her, but then he gave up and walked away, it was so cute. We recorded their reactions with our phones, I divided the video into really short clips but the file size is too large to upload to the forum, so maybe I'll upload them somewhere else and post the links.

After that we went to the mall to check out some of the stores there, then we went to the arcade and played games and got some prizes for the kids, we were there for about 2 hours and then we headed back to our place. When we got back here we put on some movies for the kids to watch and ordered the pizzas for them. We watched 4 movies in total, and after each movie we would ask the kids trivia questions and gave them candy when they got the right answers, but we made sure that everyone got some candy for playing.

Then it was time for them to head home, but 4 of the kids didn't want to leave so we got permission from their parents and it turned into a sleepover. My wife stayed home with them while the other parents and I got the rest of the kids home. When I got back we watched 2 more movies, played more games, and told some scary stories. The kids finally got tired and went to bed around 10pm, well, except for Bryon, and no, that isn't a typo, that's how his parents spell his name, I guess it's supposed to be like Bryan, because that's the way it's pronounced.

Anyway, I guess this 8 yr old kid had too much sugar or caffeine because he was still going even after everyone else was sleeping. Thankfully I'm a insomniac so I was up with him for another 4 hours before he ran out of energy, we watched the new Goosebumps series and played some video games, and talked about a bunch of different things, it was actually kind of fun and reminded me of when I was a kid. He was telling me about the Five Nights at Freddy's movie that will be in theaters on the 27th, so I guess a group of us will be going to watch it.

In the morning we got everyone up early, Bryon actually got up on time and was still full of energy, I'm telling you, if that kid could focus his energy into a career one day he is going to be unstoppable. We got the other kids ready, made sure they ate something healthy, and went to the park to play for about a hour before we brought them home. My girls told us it was the best Little Halloween we have had, and my wife and I agree, we had a great time with everyone, and watching them have fun is something that makes us happy.

We will probably be getting together with some of those kids a few more times this week, as we will be going to the haunts and other celebrations in our area that open in a few days, and the theater as I mentioned, so there is still more Halloween fun for us to do.