What the actual fcuk?!

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

What the actual fcuk?!

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:16 pm

I apologize for the crude topic subject line, but honestly...

A ghost user called Panjack, posted an infomercial-level topic all about how in this busy world a person who can't live up to their personal commitments vis-à-vis, online learning, should consider hiring a service to perform all of that tedious learning and assignment completion and testing for them.

I would like to employ a bit of reductio ad absurdum and propose that the service provider also be awarded the degree as well, because nobody would hire Panjack (or, unceremoniously fire them) if it were known how they obtained their spurious credentials.

Not that I have strong feelings about this either way...
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: What the actual fcuk?!

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:43 pm

Sounds like Panjack will be the first one in line to have the AI write all his papers, take his tests, etc.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:50 am

...and be replaced by said AI.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

MauEvig
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by MauEvig » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:22 pm

I'm not completely against AI. I'm just against AI taking over every aspect of our existence and lives and wiping out humanity via Skynet ala Terminator style or re-writing reality like the Matrix, or even just becoming self-aware like in i robot. It's just a bad idea.
Technically speaking, AI has been around for years. Video games and certain chat boxes have had it for a long time.
Still, even if I enjoy the videos like "Planet Mountain Dew" that were made by AI, nothing beats the creativity of a human being.
But as far as guys like that are concerned, I didn't bust my rear end getting a bachelor's degree just to watch other people pay someone else to do the work for them or get the glory for it or a good paying job for it. I also didn't work hard to get a degree so AI could take over all the good paying jobs either.
I will note though that there is some stuff on this forum that could use a bit of tidying up. There's links that don't work and go to dead end sites and picture links that don't work. That could be the result of moving the forum and could be an issue that HalloweenCom (HalloweenDot now?) would need to address. I'd hate to think any of those links would go somewhere unsafe, or somewhere inappropriate. There will always be spammers and people posting random stuff though unfortunately. :/
Nocturnal Purr-Fection