JOB

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Cadaverino
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Cadaverino » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:06 pm

Law student, after many years working in public relations and publishing. I hope to eventually practice intellectual property law (copyrights, trademarks). Until then: study, study, study!

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:29 pm

Good luck to you Cadaverino. Sounds like a winning plan!
Don't drink and fly...

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:24 pm

Good luck Cadaverino! Keep the faith. You'll get there quicker than you think. Then you'll probably say, "what the heck did I just do? Become a lawyer, what am I crazy???"....just kidding. :lol:

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:06 pm

I'll have to tell you, never in my wildest dreams when I was younger did I imagine being a lawyer.:shock: Only now when I'm older do I have the self-confidence to do this.

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:31 pm

Curiouser & curiouser - I'm a lawyer too! I'm with a small firm in Bergen County, doing general practice stuff - matrimonial & domestic violence, employment, personal injury, municipal court (traffic & criminal), juvenile, etc. All that good roll-up-your-sleeves-and-fight-in-the-trenches law.

And get this, I know a guy in the Navy in Virginia Beach, and two people who work for State Farm in NJ. And the world gets a little smaller... again.

Anyway, that's the "day job." I have a second job wherein I started a temporary body art company - face & body painting (don't get any ideas, it's not like that), henna, temp tattoos, FX makeup. I've also started to teach myself balloon twisting and now I'll be learning some magic because I'm thinking about getting into clowning & clown magic seems to be natural for me, since I've always been infatuated with magic.

http://www.njfaceandbodyart.com if you want to see what I do.
Act well your part; there all the honour lies.
~Anonymous

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:39 pm

Yeah! Good luck, there Cad! From what I gather, you seem you have a rather sharp wit about you. I think you'll be great. Just don't get into criminal defense.

From the age of 18 most of my jobs have been delivery and/or driver oriented. hmm... Let's see, I've delivered,
Sandwiches out of the back of my car to contacted businesses
Pizza
Washer and Dryers (as well as installation)
Big Screen TV's
Flowers
Sub-Zero refridgerators and freezers
every kind of home furnishing you can imagine
Stoves
Refridgerators....
Bedroom; Bathroom; kitchen; dining room; living room.....
Car parts.....
You name it, I've delivered it!

I was a Chimney sweep for two years
And I've even been a Wedding consultant. Both of which entailed MILES and MILES of driving.
I've been a roadie and a sound and lighting technician..... DRIVING

DRIVING; DRIVING; DRIVING!!!!!
I so love driving, I don't know just how to explain it.

For the last six months, I've been working for Safeway.com and just this last week I was awarded the highest accolades awarded a driver in the companies history for customer service!

I wanted to be a world renowned musicain. I've written several segments of symphony and a suite. I actually wrote, produced and published a 41 minute suite, The Blue Rose, back in the late 20th century.

I wanted to be an actor. I played Faust in a local annex troup.... 'O' couldst thou, light of the full moon, look now, thy last upon my pain....."
And I've always known that I could be a wonderful Hamlet, Cromwell or Scrooge.

I wanted to be a writer. The talking, intellectual infant?....... That was MY idea and I have the 250,000 word manuscript, to prove it; circa 1987.

But, you know what.... for some reason, the independance of the open road always took me back to driving. I'm not necessarily proud of "IT" but I do love it and I'm proud of the work I do. And besides, my customers LOOOOOOOOOOVE me, and that's as much as I can ask. :D
Last edited by One Eye'd Jack on Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:41 pm

Hey, what's wrong with criminal defense? That's some fun stuff! 8)
Act well your part; there all the honour lies.
~Anonymous

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:46 am

I'm a psych nurse.
Twenty years, next year.
Give out the meds, talk them down..once, on a bus trip with my daughters teacher and class, when my daughter was in j.k. or kindergarden, the teacher kept LOOKING at me and asked what I did.
So I told her and she smiled and explained that my daughter didn't KNOW but was very proud of me nevertheless...all she could figure out was that I made sad people happy...and if that didn't work, I would lock them into a room.
I used to do a LOT of other things, but this has held me the longest...
I was in radio..which is like being in the CIA, the Gambino Crime family, or a Catholic...you are never really OUT..they just consider you fallen from the true faith...and call you up and ask if you would like the night job in Elk Breath Alberta next month.
As it is, I get together with a few cronies still on an expense account for meals at a pretty good Chinese restaurant now and then and we close the place swapping stories...
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:52 am

I love hearing about everyone's professions! I, too, have had a long and varied career path. I have worked at:

Burger King and McDonalds
Wal-Mart
Hair Salons (licensed cosmetologist)
Car parts delivery (hi-five, OEJ)
Emergency room registrar
Front desk/medical records for an OB-GYN practice
Childrens special needs aide
Daycare, toddlers and infants
Substitute teacher, all grades
Admin for a health insurance broker
Assistant to owner of a financial planning company
Life insurance processor for same financial planning company
Admin for two independent financial planners

and finally now,

Mortgage processor for Countrywide Home Loans, which isn't nearly as glamorous as it sounds.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:58 am

I'm a Biomedical Equipment Technician, I work on medical equipment found in hospitals. In my current position I support the Air Force's War Readiness Material projects for the midwest and west, these are equipment packages that wait in storage warehouses until they are deployed to forward locations. This equipment, if deployed, will be at all the hospitals and clinics found in the desert and other areas.

In the past I have had numerous jobs from theater projectionist to exterminator. Just prior to my current position I was employed as a police officer in the Gulf Coast when Hurricane Katrina hit. It was during that time I witnessed many a grizzly sight...

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:49 pm

After the hurricane hit, a lady was scrounging the net looking for names of people with the same last name as mine..she was looking for her family, and then decided to find out just how many of 'us' she could find..she found the branch of the family that raised horses in Tennesse, and the Michigan branch..and then..me.
I started to call her Auntie.
We emailed all that summer..told me how they had potlucks out on the front lawn every night. Her husband was a contractor, and the business was the only life raft a lot of them had to cling to economically..and they would sleep on the lawn for the first month or so..used the torn bridges as cel phone antennas...later she would send me pics of fridges that had been taken out and tossed on the sides of the streets with sayings on them like;"Gramma R.I.P. Thanks, Pres Bush" or a voodoo sign that was supposed to keep the food fresh but OBVIOUSLY failed and then someone writing over it;"WE REBUKE SATAN" Her line was:"only New Orleans would fight over garbage and rotten food in fridges."
Auntie was all sweet and calm and supportive during the day, but would let it out with me at night..and one time it got really WILD. We had been talking about roots rock and roll, blues, rhythm and blues, jazz. And she asked me what COLOUR I was..I asked why that was important..it had never come up before..and she replied back that it was BEYOND her comprehension that a white guy could POSSIBLY care about roots music, or the fate of poor blacks..so was I black??? I emailed a pic down of me in my Hawaiian shirt and she emailed back that I was 'just a crazy white guy..my heavens" But she was both moved and happy.
I told it all to a friend who was touched enough to fund a foster child down there..when Harry Connick Jr. came to town in the spring, he said he had a free ticket for me..he and his wife couldn't GO..then he started to ask INNOCENT questions like;"Remember B R? From radio?" I said I did. He asked if I would 'hold it against her' if she had put on a bit of weight. I told him that no, I would hold HER against ME. We met that night and have been seeing each other ever since.
We're both old soldiers at this, so we're taking it slow, and she can't wait to get to halloween...nobody has been around to celebrate it with her like I do..now we just have to figure out a costume..I'm leaning towards Pirate Queen...I'm not simple minded enough to think that it all has a purpose..but I also wonder if I would have met her at all if I hadn't answered the emails, or inspired the friend to sponsor that foster child..and as the air gets cooler now and we start to make pastas and stuff, I can remember her telling me about the sense of COMMUNITY they had when they would have their pot lucks after work and make pizza and laugh into the night..they still do...
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Haunter
Crypt Keeper

Post by Haunter » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:10 pm

I am a Certified Flight Instructor. I've been flying for about 6 years now and plan on doing some corporate business flying here soon.
All alone in the woods with nothing but the smell of smoke from the camp fire, cracking leaves as you walk and seeing your breath from the cold crisp air. Halloween is my favorite time of the year!

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:10 pm

I work as a case clerk (translation = jr. paralegal) for a lawfirm downtown houston, in the commercial litigaion dept. Im going to school to get my paralegal degree. and im a single mom of 2. Ill be done with school at the end of next summer!!! yay for me!!! :D :D :D

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:12 pm

Looks like Halloween.com can form its own legal department! HQ, you go girl. Keep up the hard work...we're proud of you! :D
Don't drink and fly...

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:26 pm

i'm a hairstylist
w/ all these people in the legal field, my job seems pretty lame. but i still love it
trick or treat