Hey rosie...

somebody has to make them look good for court :wink:
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:19 pm

MHooch - how clever.

OEJ - seems like you would make a great radio dj personality. Dont ask me why but I just have a feeling.

We have a very eclectic mix of people on this board and talented ones at that. So now we really can have our own town!
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:48 pm

:oops: I forgot to add something here... As you know that I am the security guard at Naval Base, so I would like to know if you do have some security guards at your own job? If so, I love to hear more about this one from each of y'all! :wink:

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:40 pm

MHooch, you're exactly right. Besides, how boring would it be if we were all lawyers? Who'd want to hang out here??
Act well your part; there all the honour lies.
~Anonymous

revelesnet
Crypt Keeper

Post by revelesnet » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:57 am

I am a lead in the Facilities Services department of a pharmaceutial company in Corona. We are in charge of Custodial, Landscaping and Waster Removal, I have been here for a little over 4 years and it is a big change from my last job where I spent 11 years working at Disneyland at the park, hotel and the campground (R.I.P.).
Is it Halloween yet? and by the way it's not makeup it's jaundice.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:06 am

Astonishing assortment of different professions represented here!

And somehow it is heartwarming to see this common thread of love for Halloween festivities, imagery, etc., running through it all. Makes ya think, doesn't it?

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:01 am

Rosie, you make people feel good and THAT my friend is very special! I agree with Larissa, how boring would it be if we didn't have the variety we have here. I say...no more lawyers allowed (JUST KIDDING!) :D
Don't drink and fly...

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:34 am

Oooooooh! You're lucky you're in Colorado! :P
~Anonymous

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:14 pm

Come on Larissa...you know lawyer jokes are part of the profession! :D
But I wouldn't mess with an attorney who loves Halloween...wouldn't be kosher at all. :wink:
Don't drink and fly...

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:23 pm

:P No kiddin'. At least you're not using the typical fare; I own too many lawyer joke books for that. Plus, I've been doing this for 12 years. By now, if someone can come up with a lawyer joke I haven't heard yet, I'm REALLY impressed.

I'm still debating whether I plan to come to the office in costume on Halloween. I did one year, when I had my own solo practice & didn't have court - I was a bobby soxer; I made the poodle skirt (without a sewing machine, mind you!) and got saddle shoes & a top, had my hair in a ponytail with a scarf tied around it. Hey, it was a skirt & top, right?

If I don't dress this year, I *will* at least come to work in fangs. I'm in a very cool office - I once was going to court with one of the partners & wore my fangs to court on a half-dare by her to freak out our adversary. You should've seen his double take.

And yes, I took them out before speaking in front of the judge.
~Anonymous

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:29 pm

One of our former attorneys came to work on Halloween as Beetlejuice. Unexpectedly, she had to attend a shelter hearing and you should have seen us scramble to dress her up for court! Between two secretaries and a paralegal, we were able to suitably outfit her for court...complete with a change of makeup. Now, we all keep a change of clothes and cosmetics in our offices...just in case. :wink:
Don't drink and fly...

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:45 pm

Larissa/LawP, "In-house" is the way to go. You have much more control over your schedule, no last minute, run to court nonsense for the senior partner who is off golfing. :x Sorry, a little venting therapy from my earlier days in the profession.

Anyway, I usually try to take Halloween off. Sooo much to do that day, sooo much atmosphere to enjoy, who can think about work... not me! :lol:

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:49 pm

Larissa, you go girl! That's the kind of spirit I like. Some folks take themselves way to seriously. I never work on Halloween (against my "religion" :lol: ) so I've never addressed the costume/no costume rule.

Oh yeah, I did do something Halloweeny at work today... we wear lead aprons (but it goes all the way around) to protect us from the radiation when we are in a procedure with a patient. We're ordering new lead, and we get to pick the color. Guess what was available??

You got it...orange with black trim!! :shock:

I'll be stylin' now!!! :wink:
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:08 pm

FYI: My security job's policy doesn't allow any guards like me to wear Halloween costume to work because of the government policy. Sounds weird, ehh?

And also, if one of our guards do wear like that to work, then he/she would get their job suspended for 5 days! :shock:

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:11 pm

Well, I am leaving here for lunch on Halloween. One of the secretaries has a kid who's 6 & dressing as a Barbie Fairy Princess for the Halloween parade in the afternoon. I'm going to their house to paint her face for the parade, and then coming back to work. :D
~Anonymous