What Halloween Themed Tattoo Should I Get?

Discussion of general Halloween topics

What Halloween Themed Tattoo Should I Get?

Big Bad Wolf
42%
Hat Box Ghost
58%

Total votes: 19

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:12 am

JACKRYAN592 wrote:I really don't like either, get a cool Grim Reeper, or a skull.
But the Hat Box Ghost is a skull?? :wink:

Again, thanks so much for the opinions. It's true that the Wolf is classic Disney and may not have a direct link to Halloween, but I consider it to be as close to a werewolf as I could possibly get; most werewolf tattoos are pretty freakin' grim looking.

As for the color of the Hat Box Ghost, which just pulled ahead, I was considering using some blue shading, as shown in this other example below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ste3ve/397940/

I think either would show my love for Halloween (in my mind) and my "never want to grow up" attitude. I also wanted your all's perspective on this.

I'll let this poll simmer over the weekend and check back on the results, I'm still very interested in what you guys have to say. I can't believe almost 200 people looked at this post but only nine :?: voted!

magickbean
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by magickbean » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:22 am

I think the Hat Box Ghost is brilliant and much more unique a concept than the Big Bad Wolf - classic animation tattoos are quite commonplace (at least here int he UK) and, although it is a cool picture, doesn't have the same kind of atmosphere to it as the ghost :)

Also I think the idea of shading him with a little colour is a lovely idea and would look great :)

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:56 am

hmm... not sure reallly, both interesting ideas... Whatever suits your fancy to be realistic... I have a scorpion tattoo similar to the photo on sheet 1 on the lower left side of my belly (kinda like Mallory Knox..) LOL... Had it for years...Sometimes think of getting another tattoo but haven't got around to it. Do you have a particular relation to either idea? Like for me.. Scorpian = I'm a Scorpio.... what does:
In your mind what does
Big Bad Wolf =
Ghost Hat =
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:19 am

Geez, that’s a good question. :?

I don't have a direct link to any image I suppose, at least not as direct as your Scorpio/Scorpion connection. As loose as this might be the closest I can come up with would be vaguer, but:

Big Bad Wolf = Werewolves have always been a part of Halloween for me. The opening of the "Wolfman" always makes me think of October. When I was in elementary school our gym teacher called me "Wolfman" for a short while (I have no idea why). Plus, I have a beard and brown hair so it connects in some way with my appearance (Grr).

Hat Box Ghost = Going to the Haunted Mansion in Disney World as been a dream since I can remember. I know it's only a 12 minute theme park ride but growing up and seeing images of it on TV and reading about it in books and magazines, something about it grabbed me and never quite let go. When I was a kid a friend had a Haunted Mansion Halloween record we'd listen to, it had sounds from the ride looped for a home made haunted house. When I hear those sounds now it's an automatic time warp to being young and looking forward to Halloween, the Hat Box Ghost (an animatronic character which lasted only a month in the Disneyland Mansion when it first opened) reminds me of all that I suppose.

Halloween Freek
Master Reaper

Post by Halloween Freek » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:31 am

I say the Big Bad Wolf.

That would be pretty cool 8)

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:24 pm

If you're considering a ghost, how about a headless one? :lol: LOL. Just kidding.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:34 pm

Dr.Strange, Ya I like the Hat Box Ghost much better with the blue shading behind it :D

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:30 am

I've always been partial to the Big Bad Wolf, there, Doc, since Little Red Riding hood is one my favorite tales.

Hauntmaster, you crack me up! :D

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:26 pm

Im not a big fan of tatoos..so im not sure

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:06 pm

Just vote on whatever design strikes you as being best, thanks again for all the opinions. :D

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:44 pm

This was a hard one. I like both of them but I voted for the ghost since it is more halloween like. IT was a tough decision though
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:03 pm

im not sure...if i had to get one it would probably be the big bad wolf.

What tatoo do you currently have that your trying to cover up?

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:07 am

MyersFan1 wrote:im not sure...if i had to get one it would probably be the big bad wolf.

What tatoo do you currently have that your trying to cover up?
Now that is a good question. The only reason I want to cover what I have is due to the quality of the work, and not the design itself. I have a small black and red Sacred Heart; beneath it is my wife's name and at the three corners above are the first initials of my children's names.

The design was done too small and from what I've been told, after posting pics of it on tattoo forums, it was done in a very bad hand. Ahh well, such is youth.

Now, once it is covered I plan on moving my wife's name elsewhere (I jokingly tell her I'll put it on my back :wink: ) because I don't want her to think I want her name covered. When I was with the police one of the guys who trained me got his wife and two kids names on his back in a cool looking script, so it will probably be something like that.

Thanks for asking, and voting!

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:28 pm

Thats sweet of you to put your childrens' and wife's name on your tatoo.

Now notthing shows love like that!

But since your a family man i would definitly go with the big bad wolf, make sure whoever gives you your new tatoo is a professional and knows what hes doing. And also post pics if you decide to get it.

O and ive always wanted to know if getting a tatoo hurts like h3ll :D

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm

MyersFan1

FYI: Tattoos are not always hurting you, but just a little bit pain. Maybe you need to get drunk, and you will not feel any pain! :wink:

BTW, does anyone here have some tattoos? Care to post your tattoo pics here?