Rob Zombie's Officially Halloween Movie!

Discussion of general Halloween topics

How did you like RZ's new Halloween movie?

Two Thumbs Up!
28%
Two Thumbs Down!
39%
Neutral!
22%
I'm not Rob Zombie fan!
11%

Total votes: 18

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:20 pm

tantraman wrote:even reading the reviews I never base my opinion on a movie by them.
I see ypur point, but what the reviews can give you is a fair idea of the content; and while labeling that content "good" or "bad" is up to the individual, after reading about the content and its presentation I'm making the decision to not support the film with my money.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:33 pm

Hey guys!

If this movie made you diasappoint, then I suggest you to wait until October 5th to see TRICK 'R TREAT movie. I heard it was awsome movie and a good storyline!

Cadaverino
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Cadaverino » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:51 pm

Gory movies turn me off, too.

Meanwhile, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Skinwalkers, and The Invasion are also in release, and recommended.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:06 pm

Well, it wasn't really the gore, per se, that made me leave the theatre. It was what looked to me like a poor concept, a weak concept, and this made the proceedings seem meaningless, unnecessarily exploitative, and offensive.

Didn't seem like a horror classic unfolding to me. Seemed more like a gore-covered truck hauling two tons of stupid.

Yeah...(sigh) I guess I was upset by what I saw. I love a good horror film, but this didn't appear to be it.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:22 pm

You left the movie before it finished?

Wow, that's a whole other level of suck, isn't it?

The movie I mean.... :)
Last edited by Dr Strange on Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:47 pm

Yes. I was thinking to myself, "What base perfidy is here unleashed?"

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:15 pm

TomAnderson,

You left the theater 20 minutes later??? You wasted that f**king money!! Damn, man! You should have to stay in and watch the rest of this film! Jeez... Understand that the film didn't start blood and gore until after one hour, you know, then the rest of serious graphic scenes will be shown for the rest of nearly 50 minutes till the movie ends.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:15 pm

tomanderson wrote:Yes. I was thinking to myself, "What base perfidy is here unleashed?"
That's like the second time I've seen you type that and it ain't even close to making sense.

But I'm okay with that.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:34 pm

Sometimes you can just see it coming.
I was THERE back in the day when HALLOWEEN was on the big screen and people did not know what hit them.
One of my warmest memories was having the huge fat lady sitting in front of me jump out of her seat, point to the screen and scream;"DON'T GO BACK INTO THAT HOUSE, YOU STUPID GIRL!!!!"
So they let Rob Zombie re make it and I knew from just that fact that it would NOT be a happening deal.
the first worked with fantastic camera work..and CRAFTSMANSHIP. Carpenter is a master director and this was his real breakout piece. some of us remembered his ASSAULT ON PRECINT 13....(the original) and one of Quentin Tarantino's faves.
Partly I blame the companies, and partly I blame horror fans...we don't respect the originals enough. If someone tried to remake KANE OR GONE WITH THE WIND, they would be run out of town...HALLOWEEN should have been left alone..but they let ANYBODY make a horror flick...and it takes TALENT...not just blood and guts.
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:36 pm

You've got a point there Tor, a classic horror flick doesn't get the same respect as a classic "straight" movie I guess.

Good call.

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:46 pm

base: without moral principles

perfidy: untrustworthiness

A little more classy than "sucks", which refers to fellatio. :shock:

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:48 pm

And here I was thinking perfidy was a made up word... :lol:

It just doesn't grab you like "sucks."

But then again, what does??

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:12 am

Actually, "What base perfidy is here unleashed?" is a line from one of the early Dr. Strange comics and I was hoping you would get it!

But actually, I got my money back at the theatre. I took that money and bought an ice-cold fruity beverage with it! And some cookies also.

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:49 am

From today's Toronto Globe & Mail: "Halloween is ugly, squalid and sadistic. Unfortunately, it's also less exciting."

From Saturday's Detroit Free Press: "This is a disappointment from Zombie."

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:17 am

tomanderson wrote:Actually, "What base perfidy is here unleashed?" is a line from one of the early Dr. Strange comics and I was hoping you would get it!

But actually, I got my money back at the theatre. I took that money and bought an ice-cold fruity beverage with it! And some cookies also.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You said an ice cold fruity beverage was a better purchase than one more minute of RZ's Halloween. Man, now that's comedy!

You stumped the chump on that Dr. Strange line my man. :D