Halloween Gift Box Exchange

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:26 pm

Hey Larissa, I would assume that Harry should be around soon because I believe he goes to school, although he's not in this area so I'm not sure when they go back? I'd just keep pm him I guess.

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:28 pm

Ah, ok, that works.
Act well your part; there all the honour lies.
~Anonymous

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:02 pm

I've decided to take the plunge-- Count me in!

Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Post by Hdunlopclark » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:06 pm

Hi!

sorry it has been sooooo long since an update. With school coming up on Wednesday and forking out loads of money for computer repairs i have not been on for a long time. ohhh and my internet was down again :evil: . So thats enough about me! Lots of new people coming in. Also on Monday you will find a list of partners here so look out! and if you want to join in the fun sign up by 2nd september!\
Thanks
Harry

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:54 pm

Hey Harry, Its good to see you back. If you go through this thread you'll find lots of new people that are itching to hear from you as they want to get in on the exchange :D By the way, Best wishes to you for an awesome school year ahead :wink:

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:40 pm

Glad to see you back harry - was starting to worry. Hope the new school year starts off well.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Post by Hdunlopclark » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:09 pm

The day has come! September 2nd. Now no one else can sign up now. So that means you will have to wait until next year if there is one next year if you have not signed up for this year. Ok now for the bit you have all been waiting for ................................... your partners! and here is the list -

Tomanderson and Halloween freak
Pennywise11 and Magickbean
LawP and Durchess of darkness
MHooch and one eye'd jack (jack, i am still waiting for your sheet, if you have lost it tell me and i will give you a new one to fill out)
Winnie sanderson and evilmel
Spooky and mandy0221
JACKRYAN and michaelmyers
uncelator and slighty mad
halloween queen and mamawof2
jadewik and larissa
nosticaliscape ahhhh now we have a problem...... an odd number now if i have missed anyone out do say but if i have counted everyone would someone be as kind as to sign up twice. That would be great

Now you might have noticed that i am not doing it.......well this is due to money isues and school coming up, computer repairs and me going to las vegas (which i have $200 saved up for!) i cant partisipate

So if you do not have your partners sheet pm me and if you are willing to sign up again pm me

Thanks

Harry

P.S: If i have put in spelling mistakes and talked strangley it is nearley midnight and i am tiered!

Thanks, and now i beter drag my self to bed :lol:

Harry

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:49 pm

I will do 2 swaps if there is an odd number - don't want anyone to be left out! ;)

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:05 pm

You see.... That's why the partners system doesn't work: The ODD MAN OUT!!!! Harry, YOU be NOS's partner!

I don't think MammaHooch and I will need a sheet. I've already got her finished and whatever I recieve from her will be fantastic! She knows me, ya see. So, we're done.

NEXT time, I'M going to volunteer for this and we're going to do the 'Circle exchange' system!

just sayin! :D

Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Post by Hdunlopclark » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:03 am

Well, if you read it fully jack you will see that i can't participate due to money problems. You can do whatever you want next time but i chose to do the partners way! Anyway i am sure when some more people read this they will be fully willing to swap twice. So if you are going to comment read the whole thing first and then comment and if you are going to put an opinion in it, make sure it's nicely put!

Thanks

Harry

P.S: I will get to you magickbean

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:14 pm

Harry...I think you are doing a great job!! I started this gift exchange last year, and arranged it by partners-thanks for taking over the responsibility of coordinating it!! Have a great time in Las Vegas...I got married there (at the Bellagio) and Vegas is GREAT!! I have been there A LOT so if you have any questions, PM me!!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:46 am

Hope I didn't offend you, there, Harry. All I was saying is that the 'partners system' is flawed. It was flawed the last time and you had nothing to DO with that.
To be fair, I went back and read my post and it DID sound a little snippy and I'm sorry.

I never said you did a bad job. It's just that I pointed the flaws in the 'partners system' last time and for whatever reason, it seems to have gotten ignored. I hate being unfair to people and I hate it when someone gets left out. I thought I had a fool-proof solution and I guess it just got lost in the shuffle.

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:30 am

One Eye'd Jack wrote:Hope I didn't offend you, there, Harry. All I was saying is that the 'partners system' is flawed. It was flawed the last time and you had nothing to DO with that.
To be fair, I went back and read my post and it DID sound a little snippy and I'm sorry.

I never said you did a bad job. It's just that I pointed the flaws in the 'partners system' last time and for whatever reason, it seems to have gotten ignored. I hate being unfair to people and I hate it when someone gets left out. I thought I had a fool-proof solution and I guess it just got lost in the shuffle.
Are you talking about last years fall exchange or this years summer one??
If you are talking about the summer one, than ignore this but if you are talking about the fall one your understanding/ information is incorrect.
I started the gift exchange last year on this board and, yes there was one extra person, but if you read every post in all the threads about the gift exchange EVERYONE who signed up got a partner and when there was an extra person the issue was resolved. There was an extra person on the list and we had TWO people volunteer to exchange with two partners-Hooch and Evil Mel-and they were more than excited to do so.
EvilMel wrote:Hey Mandy, if you don't get a partner...or even if Hooch wants to just let me have you...I'll take you!

I was being completely jealous of Hooch 's two partners! hah hah.

The only thing is that I'd have to mail my stuff to you when I get back from vacation (get back on the 10th so probably mail it out by the 14th).

So you see, every person who signed up got a partner and NO ONE was left out. This is something that I started last year and volunteered to coordinate. It was a lot of work, as I knew it would be, but also a lot of fun. You have to coordinate all the details and guidelines, pm everyone, track down their sheets, send their sheets to their partners, make sure everyone has given their address, sent their gifts, received their gifts, posted about sending and receiving their gifts while trying to take care of your own partner (if you choose to have one). I applaud Harry for taking on this task as it requires a lot of organization and time. I do not mean to sound short, but I am a little offened by the post in the fact that the information was incorrect. If there was an extra person who signed up and no one wanted a second partner, I would have taken that person myself as I would never leave someone out who wanted to participate, but that was not the case. And everyone, I believe, had a great time participating and there were no complaints. Magicbean has volunteered to have two partners this year as she had posted in this thread:
magickbean wrote:I will do 2 swaps if there is an odd number - don't want anyone to be left out! ;)
Mandy0221 would love to have two partners also.
mandy0221 wrote:Oh my gosh Im so excited this year too. I wouldnt mind even having two partners to trade with. : )

I LOVED it last year.
I wouldnt call the partner system "flawed," not on this board, anyway, as we have so many friendly members willing to take on two partners. I think there are many ways to do a gift exchange, and do not believe my way is the only way...I think a circle exchange idea would be fun as well. Please have all your information correct before criticising someones work, and please be polite and respectful of their ideas, especially if they are willing to put in all the time and effort! Again, I do not mean to be short or rude, I am just sticking up for myself and Harry.
Last edited by MichaelMyers on Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Post by Hdunlopclark » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:04 pm

what a heck of a reply MM! lol! OEJ i accept your apology but this partner exchange is a lot of hard work but the circle exchange would be even harder!

Thanks for the responce

Harry

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:20 pm

Hey Harry, just wondering if Nos has a partner yet or whether I am needed to swap twice? If I'm doing 2 I will need a sheet to fill in as Pennywise had already made up my box in advance so I didn't fill one out ;)

How is school? Did the new term get off to a good start? :)