What are you doing for New Year's

See the SantaClaus.com forums for Christmas and Santa chat.
http://www.SantaClaus.com/forums/
Big Lew
Ghost

What are you doing for New Year's

Post by Big Lew » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:45 pm

I thought it would be fun to see what everyone is doing for New Year's. As for me I'm having kind of an open house with a few neighbors. We are all cooking a bunch of food then we will spend the evening going to each others houses to sample food, have some drinks, and just have a good time. Sound like fun?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: What are you doing for New Year's

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:14 pm

When my younger sister and I were kids in the old neighborhood she and her friends ust to do that exact same thing during the Summer time. They called it a "progressive dinner." One girl would cook the meat, the other the potatos, a third a salad and then another would cook a desert item. I never took part in thses festivities as I usualy had other plans back then, but they had a blast doing that.

On New Years Eve, that's usualy my last day for celebrating Christmas, but I am not taking down the tree and other decorations until Sunday the 4th. But I plan to make beef & whins sauce, have a couple of my neighbors over for some music and fun, then we are going to watch the count down, and my neighbor and I are going to light off some fireworks we saved form last 4thof July at the stroke of Midnight. I have this huge string of fire crackers that I plan to throw out the front door. I hope it's not too wet. Usualy I just throw out a couple of packs.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:48 pm

We are going to have a good ham and black-eyed beans. :D We will also have corn breads.

Well, On that New Year's night I am going to watch a horror movie, maybe something like horror cult. ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:15 pm

I was going to do a fresh ham out on the grill, but I decided to do that for Easter instead.

I am going to do beef & whine sauce this year and serve with hard rolls and horse raddish to use as a condiment. There will also be chips and dip. I am planning on having around 5 people over.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:33 pm

Good for you, PM! ;)

On New Years I believe I am going to have at least 10 people over here. And, not so sure about Easter - but we will have something to eat on Easter. :D

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:13 pm

New Years Eve and Halloween are both days that I try to be more sociable to my neighbors. Christmas and Easter are days that I pay more attention to family members. Any member of my family allways has a standing invitation to my home on both New Years Eve and Halloween, but they usualy don't come, and besides that when I have friends over it's sort of important to me that I mix and mingle with them for a while. So, I usualy stay home on those two days.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:33 pm

Yeah, you're right! Same thing to me, and I do notice that some people do celebrate and social for a party on Halloween and New Year's eve! But XMAS and Easter both are pretty similar because all about good foods! ;)

Well, I talked to my grandpa about what we are going to have something to eat on Easter. He can't be really so sure because he has to talk to my aunt about this first and see what happens. He thinks maybe a good roast beef with all roast potatoes, carrots and celeries. Or, maybe a good roast pork loin and/or pork shoulder, you know? Well, wait and see what my aunt wants something to eat on Easter. :D

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Rising Dead Man » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:20 pm

I'm gonna watch a bunch of horror movies.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:41 pm

I am looking forward to see any good horror movies of 2009! 8)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:05 pm

I am definately going to scredan at least one horror movie on New Years Eve, but for the most part I plan to stick with my regular tradition. I plan to have friends over for a party, and on the Sunday after New Years all my Christmas decorations come down for the year.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:40 pm

My girlfriend and I usually love to stay at home every Sunday do our business, then we will watch any good TV shows every Sunday around dinner. After 8 'o clock she will spend her time online while I will watch any horror movies on TV or On Demand. ;) Any horror movies on Sundays are so great!! :D

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:41 pm

This Sunday it will be a work night. I go back on Monday. But I do plan to watch a new documentery on the History Channel about Naustrodamus and the year 2012.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:26 pm

I'm off until Sunday night. Got to work after midnight at the naval base. That's my security job. ;)

I feel free to watch anything on TV and some movies this weekend. :D

Pumpkin_Man wrote:This Sunday it will be a work night. I go back on Monday. But I do plan to watch a new documentery on the History Channel about Naustrodamus and the year 2012.

Mike

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:05 pm

What I meant by a "work night," is that it's a night before I have to go into work the next morning. It doens't mean necessarily that I have to actualy be at work, I just have to make all of my preperations, wash cany cloths that need to be washed, or make any other preperations for work the following morning.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:19 pm

See the difference? You work in the day, and I work at night. I love night job because it's only 2 security guards, just me and another guy to watch over the warehouse. ;)