New Year's Resolutions

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Haunt Master

New Year's Resolutions

Post by Haunt Master » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:52 pm

Well, New Year is coming! Just 5 more days! :D

Let's end the drama and build our Halloween props, decorations and everything into something bigger than we ever imagined! We can do that by looking out for one another, and to help out all haunters, even Halloween lovers too! I know this will only happen in the perfect world, but it's a good worth striving for! 8)

I'm looking forward to see a great haunt show and other haunt places anywhere, and a great Halloween season 2009. :)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:25 pm

Okay, I can see your point. My New Years resolution for Halloween of 09 is to visit at least one really good 'haunted" attradction before the actual dayof Halloween.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:07 pm

Me too! I will go to a few haunted houses, and a haunted attraction in Virginia Beach in 2009 on before Halloween! 8)

And, I am still thinking what to do for Halloween 09 - I am still thinking about building some props into something bigger than 2008! :D Even thru, I would love to see more new haunters and Halloween lovers to come and join this forums! :)

Samhain
Master Reaper

Post by Samhain » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:09 pm

My New Years resolution is to make Halloween 2009 better than the previous one.
The season kind of just flew by this year and for some reason I pretty much phoned it in when it came to decorating, settling for some airblown inflatables in the front yard and haphazardly arragned decorations inside. I cleaned up at the stores after Halloween, though, picking up a lot of deeply discounted stuff that will definitely give me more to work with the next time around. The upcoming Halloween should be a good one since we'll be seeing Michael Myers on the big screen this October.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN...

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:24 pm

I'm definately going to go and see that one, too. I don't put up a lot of decorations, but what I do is mainly inside the house. I have some lights, a few artificial Jack O'Lanterns and other 'odds & ends' that I put up, but I don't have anything to put up outside. On Halloween itself, I put a couple of freshly carved Jack O'Lanterns out on the porch railing to greet all the TOTers.

I am thinking I might try to find something that I can put up outside in 09. Something that would creap out all my neighbors.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:37 pm

And, I'm thinking about getting some JOL props with lights inside to hang outside on the poles. :D

Well, I am still thinking of many more stuffs when it is coming in the summer time. ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:21 pm

I really do want to do some outdoor decorating for Halloween next year. I don't know what's out there or what I will be able to afford, but I definately am going to be putting up something.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:13 pm

I know it sounds like it's too early to talk about putting up Halloween decorations and other stuffs like that, so we all can wait until the summer is coming and we all can talk about everything, to help one another and share ideas together. ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:01 pm

I do n't think it's ever too early or too late to make constructive plans for Halloween, but the Summer time is when all the latest in Halloween decorations are starting to be made available, and it's a better time to see what's available to us.

But I do want to make a better job of Halloween 09 then I did of Halloween 08, even though I think 08 was successful.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:47 pm

I hope and beg that my Halloween 09 will be much better than 08. ;)

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Rising Dead Man » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:06 pm

I want to get a job so I can earn enough money to haunt the outside of my home! :twisted:
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:53 pm

Wow! That's brilliant idea for you, RDM!

How about summer job? When your school is over in the second week of June 2009? What are you going to work?

And also, if you haven't heard from any summer jobs that you did file an application for a week or so... I suggest you to advertise and spread the word out anywhere, for instance, CAR WASH WANTED or YARD LAWN WANTED... something like that with your own idea to make your own money! I did do that long time ago when I was 13 years old... until I graduated high school when I was 19.

All summer odd jobs what I did was mow the grass at anyone's homes, fix something around the houses, do the car wash, etc. Mostly, mow the grass and car wash! I earned $5.00 plus tips for washing the car, even more tips! ;) And, for mowing the grass - I earned $20 - $40 plus gas money ($2.00 - $4.00). You should give it a try yourself. :D

Rising Dead Man wrote:I want to get a job so I can earn enough money to haunt the outside of my home! :twisted:

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:38 pm

Hey, Haunt Master! Could you come to my cemetery and polish my headstones? :lol:
~Nicholas Gordon

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:04 pm

Very funny, RDM!

So are you going to get a summer job seriously?

Rising Dead Man wrote:Hey, Haunt Master! Could you come to my cemetery and polish my headstones? :lol:

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:18 pm

There is a Walgreens near my school. Maybe after school I could work there.
~Nicholas Gordon