Witches in the Attic *friends i need your opinions*

Halloween writing, poetry, fan pics and more!
adrian
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Witches in the Attic *friends i need your opinions*

Post by adrian » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:22 pm

I'm writing a book entitled Witches in the Attic. It is a fictional book with a little bit of truthful history. It follows along the late life of a pumpkin farmer named Jude whose family was long ago taken from him by forces un known to him. Late in his life, the civil war makes its way into his town. General Tyler and his confederate troops set scouting camps around the lands surrounding his property. As time goes on wicked things start happening to the soldiers *you'll have to read one day to find out :) * Well as things get worse, General Tyler learns of the sister hoods that inhabbit the deep parts of this land. He then starts to hunt the witches down.

As the story goes you will read an assortment of stories that play on all of your emotions. you will read about Jude's (Jude is the pumpkin farmer) brother's past romance with one of the witches and how it came to a tragic end which in turned re shaped the town of West Point.
You will also read that when the confederates start hunting the witches, the sisters all start showing up at Jude's house and ask him to "hide them" in his attic. From there I take you through that experience as well. it's a really exciting book with horror, gore, romance, and little bit of history.

So there's a pumpkin farmer hiding witches in his attic from the confederates who seek to hunt them down and kill them. It's wild. Tell me what you think!!
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Witches in the Attic *friends i need your opinions*

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:16 pm

It sounds like a great idea for both a book and a movie. I can't wait to read your book, and I can't wait til it's released to the Cinemark.

Mike

MyersFan1
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MyersFan1 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:20 pm

Your WAY more creative than I could ever be my friend. It sounds like a great idea, and it is definitely unique. I can see myself reading that in the near future, I look forward to it!

P.S. You'll have to make the dedication of the book to Halloween.com :lol: :lol: :lol:

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:40 pm

MyersFan1 wrote:Your WAY more creative than I could ever be my friend. It sounds like a great idea, and it is definitely unique. I can see myself reading that in the near future, I look forward to it!

P.S. You'll have to make the dedication of the book to Halloween.com :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats a great idea... i think i will dedicate it to halloween.com i know a few of you who i'll be sending a copy to :)

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:44 pm

adrian wrote:
MyersFan1 wrote:Your WAY more creative than I could ever be my friend. It sounds like a great idea, and it is definitely unique. I can see myself reading that in the near future, I look forward to it!

thats a great idea... i think i will dedicate it to halloween.com i know a few of you who i'll be sending a copy to :)
That's very nice of you Adrian. Have you started it yet or are you still formulating the ideas in your head.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:47 pm

i am on the 11th chapter as of today and still have quite a way it seems... i posted the skeleton of one of the chapters on a thread on here.. look for it on the un answered post :) WARNING i can't remember if i edited certain things out but it can get a little vulgar and can hit too close to home for some people.. remember that it is a shortened version of the chapter :) if you look hard enough you'll find it :)

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:50 pm

Oh good yeah it takes a lot to offend me so your fine lol. I'll look for that because I definitely want to read it.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:51 pm

MyersFan1 wrote:Oh good yeah it takes a lot to offend me so your fine lol. I'll look for that because I definitely want to read it.

ok good :) yea the book is definitely an adult book though i do have 2 halloween children's books that i'm working on with a co artist of mine on the illustrations :)