Star of India, San Diego

What are your favorite Haunted Places?
NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Star of India, San Diego

Post by NeverMore » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:16 am

I just watched the episode of Ghost Hunters where they investigated the Star of India and the Berkeley. I saw them setting up one of the nights they filmed when I stopped at the harbor before work but couldn't stick around. Really wish I would have had a chance to talk to the guys. The curator said they were very friendly and spent some time talking to the onlookers.

He also said they didn't find any definitive proof but watching the show it looks like they did. Maybe he was talking about the Berkeley?

The girls and Jason got their pants scared off by unexplained shadows. Jason said the one he saw turned a corner and walked right into a closed door. They heard and felt footsteps... got that on tape. They also got a voice that clearly said "Get off my ship". There was something unexplainable on the thermal imager, looked like it was someone's leg walking past but none of them were in the area when it was filmed. The ship is small, if someone else was on it they would know. Last but not least, they got video of a gate moving against the list. Unexplainable.

Their verdict... the Star of India is haunted. I think maybe this year I'll go hang out at the ship instead of the Whaley House. I'll bring my Ghostbusters Proton Pack.

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Star of India, San Diego

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:31 pm

Some of the scariest ghost stories come from meritime. One of my favorites is the ld classic, the legend of the "Flying Dutchman." There are also a lot of ships that are supposedly haunted, too. Even in my neck of the woods, on the Great Lakes, some have sighted "ghost ships" of ships that have gone down in late Fall or early Winter storms. Remember the Top 40 tune "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerals?" That song tells a very spooky tale about Lake Superior, and how an ore shop bound for Detroit Michigan was lost in the "gales of November," a.k.a the Witches of November." The Edmund Fitzgerald actualy did exist, by the way, and actualy did founder during a major storm on Lake Superior in November.

.....Superior it is said
never gives up her dead
from the rooms of her
ice water mansion.....

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:41 pm

The Queen Mary is a well known haunted ship. They even take advantage of the reputation every Hallowe'en by setting up a haunted attraction on it.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:10 pm

see.. again.. down here in the south we have no spooky ships or great lakes for that matter :( just hay and pea nuts hahaha but hey... at least i'm close to the beach!! i'll take florida anytime :)
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:27 pm

adrian wrote:see.. again.. down here in the south we have no spooky ships or great lakes for that matter :( just hay and pea nuts hahaha but hey... at least i'm close to the beach!! i'll take florida anytime :)
Done that. Too hot and muggy. Then again, our weather has been weird lately. Right now it's scorchin, and I live within a couple miles of the ocean. It usually stays in the low to mid 70s here. Can't imagine how hot it is in east county, closer to the desert. But at least it's a dry heat :-)

A week ago it was chilly and it actually rained! I can't remember the last time I've seen rain in August, if ever. Heck! I don't even remember ever seeing a cloud at this time of year. Not complaining... we need the rain. I was sitting on a patio at a restaurant a couple weekends ago and they actually had the space heaters turned on. Last few years the weather's really been turned upside down.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:30 pm

[quote= Last few years the weather's really been turned upside down[/quote]

a sign of the END OF TIME!! BWA HAHAHAHAHA!! it is though really. Revelations is one of the scariest books i've ever read!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:43 pm

adrian wrote:a sign of the END OF TIME!! BWA HAHAHAHAHA!! it is though really. Revelations is one of the scariest books i've ever read!
Don't forget the Mayans. They're saying we're done too. Good thing is, you don't have to do any 'holiday who's name I shall not say' shopping for the year 2012.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:50 pm

In the first place, Revelation does not give any dates as to when it's predictions are supposed to happen. Many do believe we're living in the 'end times,' but I believe what it sayd in the Book of Mathew. Only God the Father knows when it's going to happen.

I don't believe in the Mayan prophecies. I plan to do all my Christmas shopping and put up a tree like I usualy do in December of 2012.

By the way, some company is actualy having a lottery for space available in some kine of a "shelter" to avoid the Mayan disaster in 2012. Go figure.

Mike

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:21 pm

no revelations doesn't give the date or time or year even... what it does is explains it and hints to us the signs we're to look for.. the marking, the seasons, yada yada... being raised and still am southern baptist, i kinda just use the bible (new testament) as my resource for everything lol no add ons or my "twist" on interpretations.. just simple readin and livin :) but thats not what this thread is about