adrian
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

SPOILER THREAD* whats your opinion on RZ's Halloween 2?

Post by adrian » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:55 pm

This could be a spoiler thread. IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FILM AND PLAN TO DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER THAN THIS..

so i went and saw the film today and it DID entertain me.. violent, gory, and it had its share of surprises..

but i would like to hear what you think about it.. the ups, the downs, how he could've made who and what better, and how you would've done it.. tell it all here

AGAIN IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE AND PLAN TO DO NOT READ PAST THIS POINT
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

adrian
Halloween Master

Re: SPOILER THREAD* whats your opinion on RZ's Halloween 2?

Post by adrian » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:01 pm

in my opinion the film was GREAT! i liked the first a lot better but this one also kept me entertained for the right amount of time. it wasn't drawn out at all. it was violent and gory which i loved for RZ's michael to be.. i know there'll be some criticism on it but i look at it like this, this is HIS veiw and story on the character which i respect. if i wanted to see John Carpenter's version (which is my all time favorite movie) then i would've just stayed home and popped in my VHS :) but all around i enjoyed myself

the only thing i can say that i totally disagree with about the film is how they made Dr. Loomis a complete A** Hole! that isn't his character.. his voice is supposed to ease your feelings and convey a since of knowledge and hope that there is a way... he just wasn't how i wanted to see him as in this movie

but all around.. i'd give it 7 outta 10 and DEF DVD purchase for my collection

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:46 pm

My girlfriend and I went to the theater about 5 hours ago.... well, we're getting tired right now... we will post our comment here tomorrow. ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:06 pm

I would like to reitterate Adriens warning about spoilers, because I am going to post a few here.

Rob Zombie has done it again. I really thought this was a frabulous retelling or continuation of the "Michael Myers" saga. In the original "Halloween" movies, I don't think Dr. Lumis was quite the greedy bafoon he was in the Rob Zombie rendition, but if you ask me, that made it all the more entertaining and interesting.

I really look forward to the next installment, when Michael Myers sister takes over the killing as was indicated at the end of the flick. That was something that really caught me off guard. The movie was somewhat reminiscent of the Jason Vorhees flicks, but witht he exception that you have an entire family, with two living siblings sharing the same delusions or apperitions. That actualy indicates that there is a diabolical preternatural force behind the creation of Michael Myers. The first clue to that was when Michael Myers actualy lifted a car and flipped it over.

So even if you did not heed our advice not to read these spoilers and you haven't seen the flick yet, it would still be worth your while to see it while it's still playing on the bid screen.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:51 pm

Well, bad newz for Halloween fans. It seems that RZ's H2 misses the mark.

Haddonfield is the remake seemed like a middle class white neighborhood, this time it looks like a backwood's village that hasn't had running water in a month.

I don't know why, but all the characters are greasy, dirty, unattractive, and look as if they just came off a 3 day binge with Heroin... :lol:

Laurie Strode, this time around looks like <deleted> run over twice throughout the film, (understandable considering). But I was waiting to see her shoot up it just seemed like Heroin would fit the scenes.... LMFAO!!

So, Good Luck In All You Do Rob.... Better Luck Next Time! ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:58 pm

Haddenfield in both the original and the remake struck me as a typical Illinois small town, which has it's mixed bag of rich, middle class and trailer park dwellers all in one. In the first RZ "Halloween," you saw Michael Myers living in one of the porrer sections of town. His mother had a boy friend who use to abuse him and call him names and the like. In the 2nd installment, there was what appeared to me, a very ordinary town. I didn't see any sign that the whole place was a slum. Some of the male characters, I agree were not the most attractive, but the women IMHO were knock-outs. I could have done without the body piercings in that one girl, but all in all, I thought they were quite attractive.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:18 pm

Lots of people ended up leaving, which I don't blame them. And, if you haven't heard that FEARnet reported that they want to do a third film in 3D and Rob Zombie won't be directing it. I'm assuming they are a little butthurt over "Final Destination" doing better, but that is only because 3-D costs more to see and teenie boppers are interested.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:26 pm

well i kinda took the whole new house laurie had moved into with the sherrif and her friend was indeed a NEW house to them... like after the events they kinda just moved out of the neighborhood you know?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:37 pm

Well I would like to see a 3D version of a "Halloween" flick. I thought both of Rob Zombie's efforts in the "Halloween" movies were pretty good.

Mike

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:39 pm

same here. like i said before. if someone wants to create something based on the inspiration of J.C.'s masterpiece then i'll go see it :) i'll be entertained :)

hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Post by hippieluvn » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:02 pm

ok, i finally saw zombie's h2 tonight :shock: another twisted trip through the mind and ultra-cynical worldview of rob zombie :) i must say that i did not enjoy it as much as his previous installment in the halloween universe :cry: first, he screwed up by saving the original themes until the very end of the film :( second, what the hell was the deal with the white horse and mikey's mom always talking to the shape? :( third, the entire cast was the same except for the young mikey myers :( fourth, too brutal for my liking :oops: too many loose ends in my opinion :?: as a teacher and horror fan, i would give it a D+ :twisted: definitely not a movie that i would waste my time watching again :x

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:49 pm

The white horse and Mikes mom was part of the supernatural aspect to what made Michael Myers what he was. Also, if you noticed that towards the end of the movie, Michael's sister started seeing the same apperition. Mom and the white horse, and at the very end, the monsterous spirit of Michael Myers lives on through the sitter. In other words, we now get to see how a girl Michael Myers can slice and dice with the best of em.

I thought it was a wierd, sick and interesting twist, and I can't wait until they turn Michelle Myers loos on the movie going audience. I'll be sure to be there in the 4th row, bottle of Aquifina in my hand, and 3D glasses on and ready.

Mike

hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Post by hippieluvn » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:39 pm

that was completely inconsistent with the last film imho... it didn't follow well :(

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:11 pm

i believe it followed along. its just that some people just DIDN'T get it... which is fine.. if you liked it.. great.. if not oh well lol this was Rob's take on the story.. i'm excited to see what someone else is going to do with it :)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:00 pm

I thought it was very consistant with the last film. In the last film, Michael Myer's mother really loved him. It was her boy friend who was abusive to him, as were the school bullies.

Mike