Rob Zombie's The Blob

Halloween and Horror Movies
iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Rob Zombie's The Blob

Post by iHaunt » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:43 pm

Yup, rumors about this another remake and this time it's the sci-i classic "The Blob".

Check this website out :@: http://weblogs.variety.com/bfdealmemo/2 ... blob-.html

So, what do you think about RZ's The Blob? Good or bad? And, if you're not a fan of RZ's films, then I will do understand. ;)

Well, I wonder if he is going to make it red or black? And, is he going to make it more liquid or humanoid, something like that? Really just can't see how much you can change with a shapless blob! :)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Rob Zombie's The Blob

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:40 pm

I imagine it will be interesting to say the least. I was not too excited about the 50s original, but the 80s remake was pretty good. The cinematography was better and the story was more plausable.

Mike

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:42 pm

yea i like that zombie isn't going to make it a giant jelly coming to get you hahaha this should be interesting
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

wh2205
Crypt Keeper

Post by wh2205 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:43 pm

i dont know about everyone else but i love RZ horror movies. i hope he keeps making movies for a long time.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:51 pm

Well, Rob Zombie's The Blob is the most recently announced remake from himself. Does it worth that RZ's movie-making career from here on out is going to consist for nothing more than directing remakes?

I know he did make "HIS" own films like, "House Of 1000 Corpses", "The Devil's Rejects" and "The Haunted World Of El Superbeasto". But see the difference that he did a couple of remakes of "HALLOWEEN 1 and 2", now this time it's "THE BLOB". So at least some of his project are remakes and the props such as f/x effects and everything like that of someone else that he's borrowed! :roll:

Well... jeezz... I think it's a safe bet that RZ's "THE BLOB" won't hold much to excite me. :?

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:59 am

I think that RZ puts a wonderful twist on the movies.... I enjoyed all of his remakes. It is to each your own. RZ is also a huge horror movie buff in the interview he showed his collection.... OMG!

And, I know that "The Blob" was made in 1957, also remade in 1988.... do we really need yet another remake of a classic movie?? I'm sure RZ has other projects he could work on. I'd certainly prefer to see him work on something original, as his 2 best projects in "House Of 1000 Corpses" and "The Devil's Rejects". ;)

But it's like I said "to each your own". :?

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:22 am

RZ lacks that little something that puts suspense and scare into his movies......visually he does a great job, but his Halloween lacked the spooky and scary aspect the original had....and he gave MM a soul and made him a person, I like MM better as a soul-less killer.
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Well, that's true. Some people called his films "white trash". :? Also, some people always say "Why more blood, gore, guts, strong language and full nudity???" I think RZ did a great job with his own movies, but remakes.... I heard that there were lots of parents preventing their teenage kids to see any of RZ's films. :shock:

So if RZ is going to make something too graphic for his remake of "The Blob" then I definitely go see it! I know a lot of people won't go see it, by the way...

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:48 am

i love his film making :) i like the white trash part of it... i don't think its ever been done this well before hahaha
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!