This IS Halloween.com!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

This IS Halloween.com!

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:50 am

It is Halloween.com. Our home for all things haunted and beloved. There are thousands of other sites that celebrate Halloween, but I have never left here. I never will. THIS is my online Halloween home. If we are small in number, we are mighty in spirit. Each of us is a vessel of spooky time memories and cartoon joy. Tales upon tales within us dwell here. And they belong here, at this, the one and only true place in my opinion to celebrate Halloween.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

wendythewitch
Crypt Keeper

Re: This IS Halloween.com!

Post by wendythewitch » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:55 am

i gotta tell you, i love this site! ive gotten some cool ideas for my annual party, ive gotten to ramble on about my halloween love to people who love it just as much as i do. in real life i dont have too many people around who are as into it as i am so its so great to talk to people who are. i DID get my best girlfriend just as psyched as me this year and all it took was one shopping trip with me and now she is hooked!

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:59 am

We Halloween fanatics have found a home!
I really love it here, I'm so glad I found you guys.
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:04 am

i stumbled on this site nearly a year ago.. logged in once but never really got into the forum section (didn't know what it was) this year i came back and did some reading, started posting, met some friends, now i'm on this site from 8 in the morning to dang near sleep lol (i'm on all day at work lol i do have some sort of life hahaha)
but this is by far the GREATEST site on the internet with the GREATEST people!! you guys are just so much fun to talk to and we're doing a great job at getting the spirit up by just slamming on a couple of keys
i couldn't have imagined a better place to come!!
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:29 am

I joined another "Halloween Forum" site and didnt feel comfortable there, didnt seem to gel with the people there and someone recommended this place so here I am and so far, I like it here much better.....I just wish there was an area dedicated to props and prop building, I love seeing what other people make and buy.
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:31 am

Spookymufu wrote:I joined another "Halloween Forum" site and didnt feel comfortable there, didnt seem to gel with the people there and someone recommended this place so here I am and so far, I like it here much better.....I just wish there was an area dedicated to props and prop building, I love seeing what other people make and buy.

same here.. though i'm notorious for not posting pictures but when i get a new chord for my camera (thanks to my cat Gomez) i'll be able to post pics again :)

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:12 pm

I do appreciate the seasonal 'tourists' that stop in this time of year, but I have to say that I really connect with those of you that I see around here in say, March! :lol:
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:29 pm

Andybev01 wrote:I do appreciate the seasonal 'tourists' that stop in this time of year, but I have to say that I really connect with those of you that I see around here in say, March! :lol:

:) well then you'll connect with me lol i treat this place like my online home now hahaha

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:39 pm

Halloween.com is home sweet home! Or, should we say "Home Deadly Home"? :lol: Just joking!

Of course, I do absolutely love this spooky place! :D

ancient whitelighter
Haunt Master

Post by ancient whitelighter » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:18 pm

Yes, NOS! I love being a part of this forum. I enjoy so much talking with my Halloween-and-Autumn-loving friends here! It's not even just that - our interests are varied and we have a lot to share with each other.

Anymore, this is the first site I go to when I come home at night (can't be here during the day while at work - Adrian, you're a lucky dog, YOU!! :lol: ). It's so nice to chat with people who feel as I do about the season, every part of it! I know we've never met, but by golly I feel as though I do get to know you from reading about what's on your mind. Your personalities come shining through. I think the best part for me so far, too, is that nothing I've read from anyone has ever been mean-spirited or dismissive. You all have differing opinions about many things, but you respect each other and are supportive of your fellow haunters. We seem to be a good-natured bunch - interesting people with lots of ideas, artistic, playful, funny, younger or older (but all young at heart!), from every walk of life with many different life experiences. It's nice to hear about your day and what's made you happy or sad.

I'm glad I found you all, too!

Love to all.

AW
Celebrate Life!

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:55 pm

Beautifully said everyone! I couldn't agree more with all of you. Its hard to find a place where you can chat about your passion literally non-stop without someone getting annoyed :lol: and I didn't think a place existed until I found Halloween.com. The forum has been my home for a number of years now, and I have to say that not another forum on the site can compare to this one. I have casually been to a few other forums, but I have never come close to seeing a internet community so tight and such a strong "family" feel that this place has. I see every new member that joins as a new member of the family (Wow kinda sounds like a line from the Godfather :lol: ) and I greatly cherish every member and chat I have here. The Halloween season would not be nearly as good without sharing it with all of you. A tip of my hat goes to everyone on the forum and I can strongly say that I am truly honored to chat with all of you.
MF

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:01 pm

Thank you, MyersFan.
I know I'll be a member here for a long time to come.
And not only for Halloween, but all year-round.
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:04 pm

Belladonna wrote:Thank you, MyersFan.
I know I'll be a member here for a long time to come.
And not only for Halloween, but all year-round.
That is truly great to hear! It excites me so much to know that we are gaining more and more loyal members. I look forward to sharing many more Halloweens with you in the future!

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:06 pm

I am trying to get my roomie to join in, but not too much luck.
Just isn't the Halloween fan that I am.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:01 pm

yea i love this site :) my job basically pays me to talk on here all day hahahaha sorry guys