Ideas for halloween college party

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
Cheechdafif
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Ideas for halloween college party

Post by Cheechdafif » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:14 pm

Hey this is my first time posting a thread so sorry if somethin is wrong.

Im looking for some ideas on a halloween party. For themes, food, etc. Any help would be much appreciated.

adrian
Halloween Master

Re: Ideas for halloween college party

Post by adrian » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:44 pm

nah you did right :)

try wrapping hot dogs in biscuit dough (like a mummy) then fry em :) they come out looking like mummies
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

colletteaz
Ghost

Post by colletteaz » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:21 pm

You could have a Witches and Warlock party and call it a Bewitching Bash.

For invitations you could enclose a love spell or a miniature witches broom. Be sure to reference the coven meeting and the witching hour at hand.

You could have home-made brooms (just crooked sticks with rafia attached) outside the front door. You could make up your own witch hat topiaries. Just get some long thin reeds from your local craft store, soak them in hot water and twist them into a cone shape. Run a circle of them around the base of the cone and stick them on an urn. Then decorate with small pumpkins, black cats, etc You could even spray paint the whole thing black. Black cats everywhere (I spent a day running from Goodwill to Goodwill store to pick up stuffed black cats and black cat figures for next to nothing, plus the Halloween stores always have lots of black cats). You could have a bit obvious witches alter with a bell, salt, dagger, candles, incense burner, a bunch of runes, bowl of water, springs of herbs, maybe a frog or two, etc. And you need a big chalked pentagram on the floor in front. (Just a big piece of plywood would work so you don't ruin your carpet or floor. In fact pentagrams work great everywhere. You'd need a big witches spell book laid out on the altar (any big huge book will do with a fake couple of pages to look like spells. Don't forget the tons of small bottles with a wide variety of items in them and stick on tabs calling them ear of bat or toe of frog. Then get bunches of plant and weeds in small bouquets, tie them up with old string and hang them from the walls everywhere. I went to a store in Flagstaff, Arizona where they had all these wonderfully decorated witches hats. The local Home for the Mentally Disabled made them to raise some money. They were amazing! Just plan pointed black hat but then they were swatched in colorful Halloween ribbons, some with lights, some with figures in them or masks in them or whatever was at hand. They would look great scattered throughout the party site. If you have an overhead fan, tie small witches on brooms on the end of each fan blade and have the fan on low so the witches are flying overhead all night. A good centerpiece would be a round mirror painted with a red pentagram and a votive candle at the tip of each star point. There are all kinds of wonderful witch posters at sites such as AllPosters.com or Zazzle.com. Get some old cheap shoes, layer them with glue and cover them with red glitter. Then stuff in some striped socks and lay it up against the side of the house by the front door. Oops - you got that wicked witch!

For fun, have a seance or have a spell or ritual you identified in advance for everyone to participate in.
The food could all be served in various sized cauldrons. There are so many different witch foods you could offer. The witch finger cookies, witch hat shaped calzones, canoli coven hats, breadsticks formed to look with broomsticks, caprese salad where the tomatoes and cheese are cut with Halloween cookie cutters. etc. For drinks you could have the 'Sweet Spell Twister' or get Harry & David's Witches Brew Martini mix.

These ideas all came from my eBook Halloween Entertaining & Decor, available on www.debrisdecollette.com. There are many hundreds of additional ideas there. Check it out!.

Colletteaz

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 am

college kids (from my experience) have more fun doing comedic type costumes :)
you could always do a "date theme"
this would be a cool way to run the door as well (if you're charging)

your guests could arrive in 2s, 3s, yada yada... but if they arrive as a "date" they have themed costumes together!!
that could be fun

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:07 pm

You can also have a National Lampoon’s Animal House (1978) Theme party :bom: . That would be fun, or have the ugliest Christmas sweater party, I have been to one of those, it was tooo funny. You could also have a Halloween beer pong party, they sell Halloween bouncy balls at the Hallloween store. Good luck!!! Witchy

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:42 pm

loud music and lots of alcohol.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:12 am

Andybev01 wrote:loud music and lots of alcohol.

heck yea!! this means i've been partying right then lol

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:35 pm

Taffy Apples or Carmel Apples are always a good treat to have at a Halloween party. No matter the age of the celebrants, kindergarten or college, taffy apples allways work.

I like mine with crushed peanuts.

Mike

EstesCara
Zombie

Post by EstesCara » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:24 am

haha~~uhalloween party decorations are necessary ,and more and more ornaments you need so ! :@:
happy days

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:05 am

I read somewhere (it might have actually been on this thread. Can't remember though) of someone suggesting a vampires and victims party. I thought that concept was really cool. Obviously, people come dressed as either a vampire or a victim. There was also an idea mentioned where you set up two different food tables--one is vampire themed with lots of red and vamp inspired drinks and munchies and the other table is human themed with whatever else you wish to serve.

You could also have a monster ball where everyone has to come dressed as a classic monster--no cute or 'good guy' costumes allowed. You could set up areas that relate to different kinds of monsters--a witches kitchen, a mummy's crypt, a vampire's lair, werewolf woods (don't forget the moon!), and maybe a 'swamp' themed area for other creepy monsters. Different colored flood lights will help set the mood and atmosphere for each area. A quick Google search can also help out with suggestions on how to set everything up for super cheap and also with easy food suggestions for each theme :D