"Ghosts of the Asylum" and "Strange But True?"

For all your spooky, ghosty, haunted and otherwise Halloween-y television show discussions!
Ghoul of the Graves
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

"Ghosts of the Asylum" and "Strange But True?"

Post by Ghoul of the Graves » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:18 am

Anyone here seen those two shows? They're on "The Unexplained Channe"l which is Sky Channel 201, they're both British shows so I'm not sure if America has them yet.

"Ghosts of the Asylum' is a factual show about two guys, one is a sceptic and one is a believer, who are investigating a haunted asylum somewhere in the British countryside. The show consists of the two guy's handheld cameras. It's really interesting, and creepy. They ask if any ghosts are around and they begin to hear knockings on the wall. It's worth a watch.

"Strange But True?" is also factual but consists of interviews and reconstructions. Each show consists of (usually) two stories split into 15 minutes each about paranormal experiences. It's very good and also worth a watch.
Please report all offensive posts to the Mods!

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Re: "Ghosts of the Asylum" and "Strange But True?"

Post by Spookymufu » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:22 am

I dont think we have those shows here in the US, at least I have never heard of them, but I have a problem with those TV ghost shows, it's too easy to fake this stuff on TV and you know they have to fake it because theres no way they would encounter stuff each and every time they go out, who would sit and watch two guys talk to them selves and nothing happen?

The funniest one here are the two roto rooter guys that investigate ghosts on their days off.....yeah...okay....
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Re: "Ghosts of the Asylum" and "Strange But True?"

Post by NeverMore » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:40 am

What's the one, from England I think? Most Haunted? I read a while back that someone on the show set up the psychic they used and fed him false information. He used this info on the air and made a total arse out of himself. He was booted off the show quickly after that.

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]