Missing the spirit, but will dig down deep.

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Missing the spirit, but will dig down deep.

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:13 am

Ive been dealing with some crazy drama. 09' has been somethin else. And my spirit hasn't been more than a burning ember. I feel like I haven't been here with you guys more. But I will sit myself down, watch garfield and Charlie brown back to back. Then I will go to Retrojunk.com and watch old Halloween commercials. I assure you, I will bounce back in the strecth.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Missing the spirit, but will dig down deep.

Post by Halloweennut08 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:15 am

Don't worry Nostalgiascape I am in the same exact boat, for whatever reason odd number years are my worst including Halloween I don't know why. But my even years are a blast, I have been dealing with a lot of drama I don't want to but it finds me somewhere. Im really upset no GH live event on Halloween It just feels empty. But I'm happy its on a Saturday and we should get in the spirit plus only like me and 2 other people decorated <deleted> I am kind of upset. But we will have a great Halloween this year. And if we don't well than we have 364 days to plan a new great one with more candy, more movies, more decorations and make it bigger and better than this years. :) Hope that helped
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:49 am

Yeah some Halloweens it takes a little more to catch the spirit, but it always grabs me up and takes me with it. Never fails me.
Enjoy it, Nostalgia! :)
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:07 pm

i'm sorry to here about your spirit Nos and i hope it makes its way back to haunt you :)

but i'm happy you posted this bc i'm going to check out that retrojunk site :)
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

ancient whitelighter
Haunt Master

Post by ancient whitelighter » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:43 pm

Oh Nos! Hope things are going better for you. That drama! May it stay well away from us all. It usually passes, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with while it's happening! And...as far as not being here with us - we're always WITH YOU in spirit :D

I'm glad that you know you'll be able to shake it off with a little Halloween cheer! I know you've shared your thoughts in the not-too-distant past with us, and there are still a lot of shoulders to lean on 'round here if you need to vent! You're not alone.

Have a great rest of the weekend, and keep your chin up!
Celebrate Life!

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:57 am

Thanks you guys. :)
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Corvus Kulde
Halloween Master

Post by Corvus Kulde » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:11 am

This life can be a raw and bitter morsel sometimes. My family and I have been thru the ringer with illness and money worries this year,and I know that things are bad all over. Amidst all this garbage and drama we still come together under the orange and black banner of Halloween and make merry.
I know very well the sting of looking forward to Halloween for weeks ahead of time only to find yourself with nothing to do come the night. But instead of letting those nights go to waste I tried to make sure someone else's Halloween would be better. One year I rushed out at the last minute and spent my gas money on mini snickers to give out to the kids.
It made all the difference to know that, in some small way, I was keeping the Halloween spirit alive in myself and for others.
Believe you me I'd love to spend the night experiencing some amazing ghost hunt in an ancient castle. Or attend a really great costume party right out of Hocus Pocus .(With a performance by Winifred Sanderson and Kin) At the very least I'd like to be short enough (for the night)to go trick or treating again.
The nasty truth is no matter how great a time you have On your Halloween night it will pass. That's the sting for me. This is the part where we should all stand up Spartacus style and call for "More Halloweens per year!"
Big or small enjoy your Hallowed Eve. Light a candle, chew a taffy, watch the leaves swirl in the empty streets...and plan for next year!
And of course there is always Halloween.com Forums. That's how I plan to get my fix in the months between the night between worlds. So all of you plan to hang out on this forum into the new year. Sorry if I'm waxing rhapsodic, but it's a subject I've thought alot about. Nos, we will be there in spirit. May you find a new bag of tricks and never be treated poorly....and be sure to give any MARY JANES you find to adrian. lol
Oh, your so cool, Brewster!
Hey, Butchy. They still got Oreo's next door?
Dracula's in the house!!! In the house?!
Welcome to the party, Honey!

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:55 pm

Some years are just like that. A wise man once said "Life is what happens while you're making other plans". The spirit may not wash over you in an orange wave this year. That's okay. Try to find the little joys, and make what you can of them.

Hang in there, mate.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:59 am

MacPhantom wrote:Some years are just like that. A wise man once said "Life is what happens while you're making other plans". The spirit may not wash over you in an orange wave this year. That's okay. Try to find the little joys, and make what you can of them.

Hang in there, mate.
and doesnt' that saying just make you feel terrible?... we do spend a TON of time making plans.. we spend days... weeks even planning for one event that could only last a couple of hours... the next thing we know.. those weeks are gone and so is whatever that event was... sad world

Boo
Master Reaper

Post by Boo » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 am

Go for a walk through the local cemmetary just as it's getting dark. Works for me.
The steeples are white in the wild moonlight,
And the trees have a silver glare;
Past the chimneys high see the vampires fly,
And the harpies of upper air,
That flutter and laugh and stare.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:26 am

sitting by a fire carving pumpkins and telling stories does it for me :)

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:06 pm

adrian wrote:
MacPhantom wrote:Some years are just like that. A wise man once said "Life is what happens while you're making other plans". The spirit may not wash over you in an orange wave this year. That's okay. Try to find the little joys, and make what you can of them.

Hang in there, mate.
and doesnt' that saying just make you feel terrible?... we do spend a TON of time making plans.. we spend days... weeks even planning for one event that could only last a couple of hours... the next thing we know.. those weeks are gone and so is whatever that event was... sad world
Naw mate, naw. Life's not about crossing the finish line. It's about the run itself. Yeah, you plan your roads, and try to wear the best shoes, but you're gonna get blisters sometimes. And sometimes taking a wrong turn takes you down a road that leads through a field full of beauty and wonder that you never knew was there, and you would have missed if you'd stuck to your plan.

Life is gonna give you lots of little kisses while it clubs you over the head. You just gotta keep on your feet and enjoy what you can.

Cheers,

Col. Metaphor

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:52 pm

I spent this weekend eating little chocolates and watching a barrage of Halloween programming on the cartoon network and history channel (got to see haunted history for the first time in years) but it didn't feel quite right because I was home alone.

Maybe you need to find a good haunt or...?
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:56 pm

That's how i feel.. life is one second at a time for me! i don't really care which road i take as long as learn something on the way.. whether it be meeting someone new, seeing some wehere or thing new, or doing something new.. i CRAVE to know more than i did yesterday and thats how i like to try living. if i could die the most knowledgable man in the world i would :)

Corvus Kulde
Halloween Master

Post by Corvus Kulde » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:02 am

Many are the nuggets of truth and wisdom on this thread. One part of me wants to say "It's not what you do or where you go but who you share your time with that matters."
Another part of me remembers the lonely times and wants to say " No matter how many friends one has or how close you get to them we all experience the world from beginning to end alone." No one else sees with your eyes or hears with your ears so there is value in your solitude. I suppose it comes down to ones attitude.
Think about Vampires or even Immortals. (ala Highlander) They have power and the potential for eternal life, but most don't survive. As Armand said in Interview w/a Vampire so few vampires have the spirit to stand immortality. They have all the time in the world but they don't know how to live.
Then you have good old Duncan Macleod The Highlander. He was cast out by his family, watched thousands of people die in the futility of war, saw many a loved one go down to the grave. He is constantly hunted and always fighting for his life, but he knows how to live.
He spends his time training mentally, spiritually, and physically. He collects art and studies history. And of course, being fictional, he spends alot of time saving people from other immortal bad guys.(Who by the way are not nearly so well balanced) Still it's a noble way to spend ones time.
This is just my long-winded way of saying yea we all want to be dazzled by life, but even the little things can be grand with the right outlook. Now if only I could bottle "bright outlook"....
Oh, your so cool, Brewster!
Hey, Butchy. They still got Oreo's next door?
Dracula's in the house!!! In the house?!
Welcome to the party, Honey!