How was my Halloween 2009 you ask...?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

How was my Halloween 2009 you ask...?

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:29 pm

It was spectacular! I know some of you guys might've been wondering where I've been for a while, and the Demon Slayer was off celebrating Halloween with her boyfriend! ^.^
We kicked off the Halloween celebrations the night before Halloween, first we picked out some pumpkins. Took us a while, we drove around looking for some and ended up going to the local farm market. What we picked out weren't exactly your traditional pumpkins. These ones were white. Yes, white pumpkins I kid you not! We took them home, and headed for a haunted house.
We'd bought the tickets to the haunted house earlier on because it was two dollars less to buy in advance. It was a presentation done by a local catholic school. Three bucks a piece. I tell you what, despite the fact that it was really cheap to go, the performance was anything but! The people that set up the haunted house did a great job! They build you up for the scare as you wait in line. Some of the characters came out and I got to shake the hand of Jason Vorhees. (Then later I noticed a sign that said not to touch any of the characters in the performance. Whoops!) I even joked around as they put a number on our hands that it was to "Identify our bodies" we went down stairs and...they had the little kiddy thing. Shoot...I was ready for the thrills. But then we went into the main part of it...and oh man it was one thrill after another...the lights flickered on and off...people jumped out every corner...one guy even had a real chain saw. Though it didn't have a chain on it. They had a mad scientist, a werewolf, and what was really scary I thought was the library where they told us to get out! And we kept getting lost too! And I really liked how they had the girls who actually acted like they were from the asylum (since that was the whole theme of it, the school was supposedly built on where an old asylum was) and we saw people in cages screaming. Oh man it was really good. My describing it doesn't even compare to the performance. It was great. I wish I could've gone to the Hallowed Halls of horror they used to have, I never got to go it it...but the same people who put on the Hallowed Halls of Horror put on this haunted attraction.
When we go home we decided to carve our pumpkins, and we both carved some scary faces into ours.
The following day was Halloween Morning, we started the morning out watching Trick R Treat, which definitely lived up to the expectations described here. It was an awesome movie!
Then we baked a cake and got ready for the trick or treaters and got some last minute things for our costumes and some strobe lights for the pumpkins and put up some last minute decorations. We also invited over one of my best friends who joined in on the fun.
My boyfriend would sit there holding the candy dish in his grim reaper costume, and would raise his head to scare the trick or treaters. It was funny! And I had my singing black cat out there, which people got a kick out of like they did last year. And me and my friend were trying to put on an act.
As for my costume...well...I was a witch...but I found an old cat mask and decided to be a kitty witch! Then when my witch hat kept flying away (it was kind of a cold and windy halloween this year!) I decided to just be a cat. Hahaha. Go figure. My boyfriend and my other friend were both grim reapers, and I was the witchy death kitten.
When we ran out of the cheaper candy, we turned off the lights and the pumpkins. Then we decided to go for a walk around town and see people's decorations.
We decided to end the night by renting a scary movie, and decided on watching Silent Hill.
All in all, it was a great Halloween. We really got into the spirit this year, and I think it was the best I've ever had! The best part of it was spending it with my boyfriend, and that made it special.
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Belladonna
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: How was my Halloween 2009 you ask...?

Post by Belladonna » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:58 pm

That sounds like a great Halloween, Mau!
I'm really into the Luna pumpkins too. I had a few of the traditional already, and saw those and grabbed some. They looked awesome lit.

I like the idea of the kitty witch!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:02 am

I like the idea of the kitty witch!
Me too!! It sound Like you had blast!!! Wish I could've been there!!! Witchy

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:14 am

Thanks guys, the kitty aspect of the witch outfit was a bit of a last minute idea when I found that kitty mask.
As a cat nut, It's not hard for me to incorporate some kind of cat into something.
It's a bit more original too...taking classic monsters and halloween icons and giving them a feline twist. Of course, black cats are already part of halloween...but still. :lol: I guess it makes sense. I am Mau after all.

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:11 am

I did a Josie and the Pussycats thing one year. That was fun!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:08 pm

sounds like you guys had a blast!! i like the idea of incorporating the cat mask with the witch costume :)
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:51 pm

A zombie cat would be awesome!

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:13 pm

I'm not so sure cats aren't zombies. All the one here does is eat what appears to be grey matter and lay limply around the house :D
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:00 pm

You do have a point there. :lol:

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:24 am

hahaha i like that lol
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:47 am

Anything has the potential to be a zombie though. If it was alive once, it can become undead.
So yes, you CAN have a zombie kitty.
Although I thought a skeletal kitty would be kind of neat. My boyfriend got me a couple of skeleanimals kitties. :D They're so cute!

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:03 am

That sounds pretty cool. :)
I love Earl the Dead Cat! Has anyone seen those? It's a flat grey stuffed cat with a tire track up it's back and tongue hanging out and x's for the eyes. hahahahahaha
I saw it and had to have it!!
Not that I make fun of dead animals. lol

ancient whitelighter
Haunt Master

Post by ancient whitelighter » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:51 am

Belladonna wrote:That sounds pretty cool. :)
I love Earl the Dead Cat! Has anyone seen those? It's a flat grey stuffed cat with a tire track up it's back and tongue hanging out and x's for the eyes. hahahahahaha
I saw it and had to have it!!
Not that I make fun of dead animals. lol
:lol: Road Kill Kuddly!

Glad you had such a fun Halloween Mau! Sounds like your boyfriend is a great guy, AND your perfect Halloween playmate :mrgreen:
Celebrate Life!

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:39 pm

Yes, that is exactly it. Road Kill. I wanted to find more of those, but no luck.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:18 pm

Great Halloween account, Mau! Sounds like you definitely made memories!