Your worst nightmare?

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Your worst nightmare?

Post by NeverMore » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:14 am

What are you most afraid of?

I'd say my greatest fear is becoming completely paralyzed. Where survival is completely
dependent on someone else taking care of me 24/7.

Read the story of the man who doctors thought was in a coma but he was actually
paralyzed. He was trapped in his own body for 23 years without anyone knowing he was
conscious.

adrian
Halloween Master

Re: Your worst nightmare?

Post by adrian » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:54 am

i'd say failure... i'm deathly affraid of failing at nearly anything... i always find myself over analyzing a situation and putting in too much effort...

I need to learn to calm down and take things in stride
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:02 am

I am terrified I will die all alone!! My grandma did & it scares the H e l l out of me.
NeverMore they had that story on our local news last night, that is sooo sad!! I couldn't even imagine!!! :(

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:07 pm

I heard that story too. Very frightening and sad.

I'm guilty of over-analysis too, Adrian. I try not to, but I fall back in it too often!

My biggest fear is not being able to care for myself when I get older. I hate the thought of people having to break their stride for me. I want to be as healthy as I possibly can, and out doing for myself.
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

Midnite Shadow
Halloween Master

Post by Midnite Shadow » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:34 pm

Something happens to my kids and I can't do anything about...that kind of fear paralyzes me and cuts me to the bone. I can take anything happening to me and I can survive that but pain or hurt to my kids...that is something that wakes me in the middle of the night.
They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of kings and queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
Its heaven and hell, oh well

I am Vengeance...I am the Night!

I swear to God...[Batman]SWEAR to Me!!

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:35 pm

Midnite Shadow wrote:Something happens to my kids and I can't do anything about...that kind of fear paralyzes me and cuts me to the bone. I can take anything happening to me and I can survive that but pain or hurt to my kids...that is something that wakes me in the middle of the night.
dont ya hate it when you a dream like that and you HAVE to get up and go check on the kids then cant get back to sleep, I have that too....
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Midnite Shadow
Halloween Master

Post by Midnite Shadow » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:36 pm

Spookymufu wrote:
Midnite Shadow wrote:Something happens to my kids and I can't do anything about...that kind of fear paralyzes me and cuts me to the bone. I can take anything happening to me and I can survive that but pain or hurt to my kids...that is something that wakes me in the middle of the night.
dont ya hate it when you a dream like that and you HAVE to get up and go check on the kids then cant get back to sleep, I have that too....
Happens to me at least once a week or more...I hate that and try to get over it but man...I can't help it.
They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of kings and queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
Its heaven and hell, oh well

I am Vengeance...I am the Night!

I swear to God...[Batman]SWEAR to Me!!

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:43 pm

For me it's the way I go that scares me. If something doesn't kill me well, I'm pretty adaptable, I just don't want to burn to death or drown.

Coming home from this last weekend I was stuck on the SF/Oakland Bay Bridge. They're building a new span to replace the 70 year old original and that thing shakes like crazy. There was a roll-over accident and it took 40 minutes to cross the high span that is hundreds of feet above water. I was stuck between two big-rigs and every time they would start moving my truck shimmied.

I was sweating bullets by the time I reached the SF side.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

ilovemichaelmyers
Halloween Master

Post by ilovemichaelmyers » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:03 pm

What I'm most afraid of has already happened.......It terrifies me still and there is no way I can get it out of my mind. All I can tell you is that it was the most horrible thing that I have ever seen or will see in my lifetime and never would want to experience it again. :cry:
The Night HE Came Home

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:34 pm

I hope that that means the rest of your days will be easier to deal with knowing that the worst is behind you :-)
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:46 pm

I am sorry to hear that ilovemichaelmyers. My thought & prayer will go out to you & your family. I agree with Andy hopehully the worst is behind you!!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:26 pm

Well, I never really thought about that, because of my personal philosophy of not living in fear, but after reading the main post of this thread and a few others, I would have to say that one of my biggest fears would be to have to depend on other people, whether I'm physicaly handicapped or financialy strapped. I find it very undignified to have to live in some one elses house, or have to ask some one for food money, or gas money, or anything else. I've pretty much lived on my own since I was 26. That was when I moved out of that boredom factory, more commonly known as New Lenox, Ill. Since getting out of that fake looking subdivision, it was as though the meaning of life that was taken from me the sad day we moved into that house, was returned to me 7 fold.

I don't even like to visit that area any more. I have many family members who still love there, and in the surroundign area, and I don't even like to visit them there because I can't stand that town so much. I do go there on ocassion to visit, but I much prefer having them at my house. I would feel horible if I were to lose my job, and have to move in with them in that area again. If I were to be paralized fromt he neck down, or have something that aweful happen to me, I don't know what I would do. I hope that I and everyone else here NEVER finds out.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:05 pm

I'm changing my biggest fear to going on an airplane with Bella. She'll make me jump out!

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:08 pm

NeverMore wrote:What are you most afraid of?
Nothing.

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:11 pm

NeverMore wrote:.
I'm changing my biggest fear to going on an airplane with Bella. She'll make me jump out!
I would never 'make' you. You're big enough to fight me! hee hee

And thanks for that, Pumpkin_Man. That is my scariest fear.
With a little of lady luck's help, we'll all be fine.
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."