Cop gives a summon to a corpse!

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Cop gives a summon to a corpse!

Post by iHaunt » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:54 pm

http://consumerist.com/2010/08/seattle- ... -dead.html

That's funny, but sadly.... it takes less schooling to become a cop than a funeral director. WTF?? :roll: And, those cops with the guns. :twisted:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Cop gives a summon to a corpse!

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:36 pm

I could not get the link to work. I kept getting a "page can not be found" error message, but that does sound typical. The Campus Police officers where I work are required to have a MINIMUM of an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice, with additional training in Law Enforcement, while city police officers often are only required to take a 6 month training course at the Police Acadomy. Go figure.

By the way, I found out that my salary is almost 10 grand a year MORE then a New York City Cop makes, and almost 12 Grand a yeear MORE then what a cop makes in Chicago.

That threw me for a loop. I thought police officers got 'hazzard pay' or something.

Mike

Spookymufu
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Spookymufu » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:33 pm

most places I've lived the police are required to have some college, so many credits plus most require them to get their own academy training (they have to pay for it and get it before they can be hired, except LA Co, they will put you through the academy and they pay for it after you've been cleared.
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Probably because you would have to be insane to want to work as a cop in Los Angeles.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:41 pm

I think it's that way for all big city cops. Big cities are the most populated, so there fore the most dangerous.

Mike