Free Sound effects

Are you a yard or home haunter? Discuss that here.
cliff
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Free Sound effects

Post by cliff » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:51 am

I cant find any really good soundeffect with out paying big buck i need werewolfs and a spider. can you guys help?

tanapier4
Ghost

Re: Free Sound effects

Post by tanapier4 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:56 pm

I bought a $3 cd at walmart thathas a howling weerwolf track on it.

zeomkean
Ghost

Post by zeomkean » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:25 am

But there is this problem with sound effects. The tractor is so effing loud that I don't think you could hear a Halloween CD. We want to be able to hear them good without disturbing the neighbors with screams and moans and chainsaw roars around Memorial Day. :lol: Any ideas?
ahsan

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:30 pm

I love the notion of people fixing up their homes during Halloween and having all the different kinds of sound effects. Just a note of caution. Most cities/towns have restrictions on how loud you can play your stuff. If you live out in the country or have no close neighbors, you should be alright...In theory.

But the reality is that some bone heads just like to complain, and can't wait to stop others from having fun.

In order to avoid this you might consider talking with the neighbors you live closest to before you start putting things up. Make them part of the process. By doing this, they become involved in the project and look at your decoration as a collaborative effort and it therefore is partly theirs. Much easier when you have allies next door and behind you.

Also make sure you turn it off at a decent time during the week. Say 9:00 pm on school nights and it will then be easier to get your neighbors to let you keep it on until 11:00 pm on Friday and Saturday nights and say around midnight on Halloween.

From my vantage point as a cop I can say the main complaint I've heard has less to do with the volume of the decoration, than it does with people driving by and looking at your decoration. If you live in a quiet neighborhood or cul-de-sac, then neighbors get peed off because they're seeing a higher volume of traffic and it might be dangerous for the kids who live there because the drivers are looking at your decorations instead of the road.